Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2

Koolblue13

With Dan leaving, Rivera righting the ship, and a young gifted developmental qb surrounded by a team of high caliber players, im optimistic fir the first time in a long time he may really be the guy. I'm stoked about Brissett on the roster too. Really feels like the ship is turning around.

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

With Dan leaving, Rivera righting the ship, and a young gifted developmental qb surrounded by a team of high caliber players, im optimistic fir the first time in a long time he may really be the guy. I'm stoked about Brissett on the roster too. Really feels like the ship is turning around.

Man, don't jinx it.

7 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

Until you excise from the team of all the Dan hires, this team will not move forward.  2024 , house cleaning baby and the rise begins.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Until you excise from the team of all the Dan hires, this team will not move forward.  2024 , house cleaning baby and the rise begins.

Unless, you know, the new owner sees value in some of these humans that are employed that have very little if anything to do with Snyder. But, you know, you could also hope for everyone to lose their jobs/careers.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Unless, you know, the new owner sees value in some of these humans that are employed that have very little if anything to do with Snyder. But, you know, you could also hope for everyone to lose their jobs/careers.

Maybe he’s a little too happy about the jobs that are about to be lost in the FO & coaching staff in 2024, but I still hold out some hope that the new ownership sees that it’s time for a reboot to our entire organization, and act accordingly.  

I view next year as a write off season.  We’re most likely going to miss the playoffs, so everyone in the FO and coaching staff will have to prove that they belong here under a new regime.  Players too.  2024 is the season where we begin anew.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Maybe he’s a little too happy about the jobs that are about to be lost in the FO & coaching staff in 2024, but I still hold out some hope that the new ownership sees that it’s time for a reboot to our entire organization, and act accordingly.  

I view next year as a write off season.  We’re most likely going to miss the playoffs, so everyone in the FO and coaching staff will have to prove that they belong here under a new regime.  Players too.  2024 is the season where we begin anew.

Maybe it is. Personally I’ll wait and see what new ownership decides before I make declarative and definitive statements.

But that’s what he does. Often with no basis.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

17 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

How about excising all the draft picks made under Dan, into that too?

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Yeah the funny thing is under Snyder's ownership we actually have had smart and talented people in our building. John Schneider, Kyle Smith among others in the FO. And we all know about the 2013 assistant coaches(McVay, Shanahan et al). I don't think everyone in the building is a complete nincompoop. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Dude,can you please let your hatred for Rivera go. You honestly keep this **** show going with Ron even if you hide it behind Lil Napoleon. 

Just stop. The man has done more under Snyder than any coach before him (other than perhaps Gibbs 2.0).

Your disdain for Rivera is sickening.  The man dealt with cancer upon the cancer of an owner he had to put up with and still led this team to respectability. 

2 words for you....Just. Stop.

HTTR!

Edited by skinsfan4128
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, samy316 said:

Dan Snyder being gone is a reboot to the entire organization. We have no idea how any of the coaches will do once Dan is not around anymore and there's competent leadership of the franchise. Ron and company will get a season to show what they can do, then we'll see how things shake out after that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Dude,can you please let your hatred for Rivera go. You honestly keep this **** show going with Ron even if you hide it behind Lil Napoleon. 

Just stop. The man has done more under Snyder than any coach before him (other than perhaps Gibbs 2.0).

Your disdain for Rivera is sickening.  The man dealt with cancer upon the cancer of an owner he had to put up with and still led this team to respectability. 

HTTR!

They won't though, tomorrow when someone talks about next year's draft, they'll casually slip in that it will be a new gm and coach picking the players because Ron is a lame duck as if we hadn't heard them say it 1.8 million times already and are very, very well aware of their opinion on the matter.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

HTTR!

His posts have become a troll artistry. Hits and runs. Doesn't respond to anyone's counter points. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

40 minutes ago, KDawg said:

His posts have become a troll artistry. Hits and runs. Doesn't respond to anyone's counter points. 

It's so nauseating because we all know that it's the most likely outcome as well but some of us are holding out a glimmer of hope because you'd almost have to be evil not to want to see a guy as nice and well respected as Ron succeed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Now that Lamar Jackson is signed, we can FINALLY do an LTD extension for Howell!  We need to lock this bad boy up ASAP!

Please tell me you’re joking.  I’m stunned that so many fans are talking themselves into seeing Howell as a franchise QB.  People need to pump their brakes, and remember that he’s essentially a rookie QB next year, with one start to his name.  If he succeeds, great, but the odds are against him in succeeding.

People need to reel in on the optimism.  I don’t want the fan base to set themselves up for major disappointment, especially if Jacoby Brissett ends up playing some games this year, or God forbid, wins the QB starter role worst case scenario.

Edited by samy316
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Please tell me you’re joking.  I’m stunned that so many fans are talking themselves into seeing Howell as a franchise QB.  People need to pump their brakes, and remember that he’s essentially a rookie QB next year, with one start to his name.  If he succeeds, great, but the odds are against him in succeeding.

People need to reel in on the optimism.  I don’t want the fan base to set themselves up for major disappointment, especially if Jacoby Brissett ends up playing some games this year, or God forbid, wins the QB starter role worst case scenario.

I'd like to introduce you to my friend Sar Casm....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/26/2023 at 5:41 PM, KDawg said:

Maybe it is. Personally I’ll wait and see what new ownership decides before I make declarative and definitive statements.

But that’s what he does. Often with no basis.

Gotta be a medical explanation for it somewhere