Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

image.jpeg.35d52b9c0a95a3c04a50a7a06f74f2bc.jpeg

People said that about this year, too. And no one seems to be pushing that with Stroud and Young at the moment. 

Williams is a great prospect. Maye could be for sure. But generational? 

58 minutes ago, tshile said:

Sheehan likes Howell. He liked him coming out of college. 

the only thing he’s said is people who are sure he’s the future after 1 game are idiots. Which. Yeah he’s kind of right. That’s not nearly enough time to know that 😂 

He goes deeper than that.  He thinks it should be on the table and big time so to get Carr or name that veteran. 

He also seems on the pessimistic side as for how next season is going to go specifically because of Howell, he expects bumps.

He's actually probably the most pessmistic of the ones who cover the team about the Bieiniemy hire.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

People said that about this year, too. And no one seems to be pushing that with Stroud and Young at the moment. 

If Generational did mean something like "once in a generation", people would still be misusing it.

ex. There are two different once in a generation quarterbacks in next years draft.

It doesn't mean that though. It means, "relating to a generation".

ex. Why do kids say no cap? Is that a generational thing?

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If Generational did mean something like "once in a generation", people would still be misusing it.

ex. There are two different once in a generation quarterbacks in next years draft.

It doesn't mean that though. It means, "relating to a generation".

ex. Why do kids say no cap? Is that a generational thing?

Doesn't that mean every QB is generational even if not Generational?

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He goes deeper than that.  He thinks it should be on the table and big time so to get Carr or name that veteran. 

He also seems on the pessimistic side as for how next season is going to go specifically because of Howell, he expects bumps.

He's actually probably the most pessmistic of the ones who cover the team about the Bieiniemy hire.  

he is a firm believer in swinging big at QBs until you hit on one. I’m not in agreement with him there. 

he’s not a fan of Carr. Wants Rodgers bad (I don’t). 

yeah he’s against Bieniemy the same way I am. Nothing adds up. The way Reid and KC was pumping him up when it’s rumored he was about to lose his OC spot anyways. His stint in Colorado. Half the leagues interviewed him and decided no. It doesn’t add up. Also - given the sale of the team caring about OC is kind of laughable. Him and lovero were discussing it the other day. And it’s not like we’re an attractive option, presumably we had the worst of options given there’s no guarantee you won’t be fired in 2 months. Or a year.

the idea we somehow pulled off an incredible stunt to acquire Bieniemy is so forced it’s laughable trying to pass it as legit analysis. 

But, we’ll see. I don’t have anything against him, I hope he succeeds. But sometimes something just doesn’t look right. 

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

he is a firm believer in swinging big at QBs until you hit on one. I’m not in agreement with him there. 

yeah he’s against Bieniemy the same way I am. Nothing adds up. The way Reid and KC was pumping him up when it’s rumored he was about to lose his OC spot anyways. His stint in Colorado. Half the leagues interviewed him and decided no. It doesn’t add up. Also - given the sale of the team caring about OC is kind of laughable. Him and lovero were discussing it the other day. And it’s not like we’re an attractive option, presumably we had the worst of options given there’s no guarantee you won’t be fired in 2 months. Or a year.

the idea we somehow pulled off an incredible stunt to acquire Bieniemy is so forced it’s laughable trying to pass it as legit analysis. 

But, we’ll see. I don’t have anything against him, I hope he succeeds. But sometimes something just doesn’t look right. 

Let me ask: who thinks we pulled off an incredible stunt? We were in the right place at the right time. No more, no less.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think it qualifies as an incredible stunt, but the way things have panned out - it sure seems like this was the play all along. 

That’s what I mean by right place/right time, though. The situation was perfect for landing him. It’s not like there were 31 suitors, with defensive head coaches, who had a relationship with Andy Reid, who is trying to get some positive press, who would offer assistant HC + OC/play caller. 

Perfect storm for us.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I know.  I have listened to Sheehan forever.  I listen to almost every podcast, too

1 hour ago, tshile said:

He doesn't like Carr as much as some do, including Cooley.  But he'd take him here.   So its not that he doesn't think Carr is a good QB but he is not as high on him as some.

So he prefaces his point that he's not a big Carr guy but he'd take him here but he doesn't push that point much, he mentions on occasion he'd be on the table for him.  But yeah Rodgers is who he is obssessed with.  Last year it was Wilson and Rodgers.  The year before Stafford and Darnold.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

yeah he’s against Bieniemy the same way I am. Nothing adds up. The way Reid and KC was pumping him up when it’s rumored he was about to lose his OC spot anyways. His stint in Colorado. Half the leagues interviewed him and decided no. It doesn’t add up.

As I said in anothert thread.  What Sheehan is referencing is his interviews for a head coaching job.  He ended up being an offensive coordinator. Yet he acts like its the same thing.

It's like saying why isn't so and so ever appointed general.   Then our army appoints him colonel (not general) and somehow its apples to apples?  I like Sheehan but IMO he's off on this.

If anyone's unconvinced about Howell, ex-Washington QB Steven Montez is currently playing in DC for the Seattle Sea Dragons under Head Coach Jim Haslett against a Gregg Williams-coached defense in the DC Defenders who are themselves led by the guy who used to start over Taylor Heinicke in St. Louis in Jordan Ta'amu. Oh yeah, and Josh Gordon is playing, too. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That’s what I mean by right place/right time, though. The situation was perfect for landing him. It’s not like there were 31 suitors, with defensive head coaches, who had a relationship with Andy Reid, who is trying to get some positive press, who would offer assistant HC + OC/play caller. 

Perfect storm for us.

Agree.

I can't find the tweet anymore but saw one from a Commanders fan that went something like this:

A.  Dan Snyder likely selling the team

B.  Might have found our QB in the 5th round

C.  Landed Bieniemy 

So much good luck, is this really the Commanders?  Tide turning perhaps.

Will see how it all plays out but from an optimism stand point, i am feeling as good as I can recall in eons.  I get things might go off the rails.  Nothing is guaranteed.  But heck its the off season, why not feel good?  There is no reason to bask in misery.    Heck if it goes south, feel miserable then?  But why can't we enjoy good things?  It's a long off season,  I know cyncism is inherent with being a fan of this team.  But we have a legit shot for the tide to turn.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Its purely conjecture but I do think that Caleb and/or Maye would both be picked before Stroud and Young if they were the same draft class. 

Could just be me, though. 

😎

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As I said in anothert thread.  What Sheehan is referencing his interviews for a head coaching job.  He ended up being an offensive coordinator. Yet he acts like its the same thing.

It's like saying why isn't so and so ever appointed general.   Then our army appoints him colonel (not general) and somehow its apples to apples?  I like Sheehan but IMO he's off on this.

Any given year, there’s a handful of OCs that get a chance. Yet he’s never gotten one. 

that’s the point. It’s understood the jobs are different. 

6 minutes ago, illone said:

Its purely conjecture but I do think that Caleb and/or Maye would both be picked before Stroud and Young if they were the same draft class. 

Could just be me, though. 

😎

I really appreciate the springboard. Thank you.

7E5FDE57-2597-4CE5-B3BA-EF3CA6FB0357.thumb.jpeg.68c4d76d6bc7216bf1a758668fdc9e1e.jpeg73ADF0C1-29F5-4DB4-BFFB-195BFD65E5FF.thumb.jpeg.375df5359490671893a6f2cec507804e.jpeg

Two North Carolina QBs. Very similar stat lines. 

One who a sure fire first rounder after his sophomore year and wound up getting drafted in the fifth.

So we’ll see.

@Rex Tomb To add to your video the locker room speech that Howell gave after the Dallas game speaks volumes of his leadership and how the players respect him. This is just a small clip of what is yet to come.  His performance through CFB and the game against the Dallas starters does the talking.  Sam is correct.  They dropped some passes on him that could have resulted in more points and yes, I know he threw a pick.  

3 hours ago, tshile said:

OT: I want to rip my hair out everytime he suggests trading multiple firsts for Rodgers. Attitude aside, does he not realize the guy is 40+ and could fall off a cliff in any given season here on out?

23 minutes ago, method man said:

OT: I want to rip my hair out everytime he suggests trading multiple firsts for Rodgers. Attitude aside, does he not realize the guy is 40+ and could fall off a cliff in any given season here on out?

Yeah, he has reached the threshold where you don't really want to give up big assets for a guy that old. It does not matter if he can still do it or not.

Plus, he seems to have gone completely insane, so there is that too.

• Like 1

For the vet backup, I am not a fan but I would bet on Trubisky. They liked him a bit supposedly last offseason and he knows Reid’s offense (assuming Nagy kept it consistent in Chicago). He is also a fellow UNC QB and he and Howell probably have a bond already

I think Pitt cuts him to save $8M. He should cost < $5M to come here

Edited by method man
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, method man said:

For the vet backup, I am not a fan but I would bet on Trubisky. They liked him a bit supposedly last offseason and he knows Reid’s offense (assuming Nagy kept it consistent in Chicago). He is also a fellow UNC QB and he and Howell probably have a bond already

I think Pitt cuts him to save $8M. He should cost < $5M to come here

Keenum is a FA.  I'd target him.  He played decently here and is a solid backup QB type that would arouse no controversy.  

• Like 2