Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, MartinC said:

@KDawg The guy missing from your list is Baker Mayfield. He’s probably a prove it guy at this point. 

I think you have Fields a touch high as well - but that’s quibbling 🙂

Baker Mayfield should be on my chart... I have added him. As a Prove it.

Fields stays you neanderthal. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Using my self created handy dandy chart:

Tier 1 - Elite of the Elite

Kansas City - Patrick Mahomes

Tier 2 - Elite, but not Patrick Mahomes Elite

Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers

Philadelphia - Jalen Hurts

Buffalo - Josh Allen

Cincinnati - Joe Burrow

LA Chargers - Justin Herbert

Baltimore - Lamar Jackson

Tier 3 - Franchise Quarterbacks

Free Agent - Derek Carr

Free Agent - Jimmy Garrapolo

Minnesota - Kirk Cousins

Los Angeles Rams - Matthew Stafford

Arizona - Kyler Murray

Detroit - Jared Goff

Dallas - Dak Prescott

Tier 4 - Teetering on Franchise

Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence

Miami - Tua Tagovailoa 

Denver - Russell Wilson

NY Giants - Daniel Jones

Chicago - Justin Fields

San Francisco - Brock Purdy

Seattle - Geno Smith

Tier 5 - Prove It (They slot in tier 5, but they could easily drop to the end of the list or move up)

Washington - Sam Howell

San Francisco - Trey Lance

Atlanta - Desmond Ridder

New England - Mac Jones

Pittsburgh - Kenny Pickett

Tennessee - Malik Willis

Houston - Davis Mills

Tier 6 - Journeymen Who Aren't Bad But Don't Fit in the Above

Free Agent - Jacoby Brissett

Free Agent - Teddy Bridgewater

New Orleans - Andy Dalton (think he's a free agent, too?)

Tennessee - Ryan Tannehill

Free Agent - [REDACTED] (just so I don't hear it from the peanut gallery)

Tier 7 - They Exist and Play Quarterback

Carolina - Sam Darnold

Tampa Bay - Kyle Trask

New York Jets - Zach Wilson

Free Agent To Be - Carson Wentz

Tier 8 - Deshaun Watson

Cleveland - Deshaun Watson

Tier 9 - Do They Even Have a Quarterback?

Indianapolis Colts

Jones is a tier below the others. But almost to them. 

But he is clear pegs above Tier 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. 

Justin Fields should not be in a Tier 4 in my opinion. He is still very much in the Tier 5 category and dropping. He's never had a game over 300 yards in the nfl through the air, his completion percentage is under 60 and has a career rating of 79.7.. that to me does not look like a "teetering on franchise" player.

Edited by Tress Is The Way
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Justin Fields should not be in a Tier 4 in my opinion. He is still very much in the Tier 5 category and dropping. He's never had a game over 300 yards in the nfl through the air, his completion percentage is under 60 and has a career rating of 79.7.. that to me does not look like a "teetering on franchise" player.

Another neanderthal!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/19/2023 at 8:13 PM, KDawg said:

I really appreciate the springboard. Thank you.

7E5FDE57-2597-4CE5-B3BA-EF3CA6FB0357.thumb.jpeg.68c4d76d6bc7216bf1a758668fdc9e1e.jpeg73ADF0C1-29F5-4DB4-BFFB-195BFD65E5FF.thumb.jpeg.375df5359490671893a6f2cec507804e.jpeg

Two North Carolina QBs. Very similar stat lines. 

One who a sure fire first rounder after his sophomore year and wound up getting drafted in the fifth.

So we’ll see.

All this to say I do really like Howell and hope EB enjoys working with him and is able to elevate him to a dominant QB in the league.

It would be extremely timely to jettison a horrible ownership group while at the same time landing on our franchise QB in the same season.  

Thats how you exorcise demons 😂

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Will require FOs to buck the trend of rewarding average and regain power with this level of QB. A transition from entitlement to gratitude by the QB must return. 

It’s fascinating, I’ve pointed it out for years, just look at the NBA and rewind it 10 years. The NBA is ahead of the NFL by about 10 years in terms of how players are managed. Completely bias, but dislike the NBA business model, so holding out hope the billionaires seek power and control—not saying it’s right or wrong… purely selfish and wanting to protect the last standing American team sport. 

Seems all the QBs wanna take their time this year.

Carr's brother said he expects David's situation to take a while to resolve as he explores all options.

Rodgers chooses to pack it up and disappear for half a week, and we don't even know what the aftermath of that will bring given his brand of crazy.

We are hearing stuff about Jones, but I don't see that ending anytime soon.

Has anybody heard anything about Geno and the 'Hawks? That seems to be going under the radar.

13 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Seems all the QBs wanna take their time this year.

Carr's brother said he expects David's situation to take a while to resolve as he explores all options.

Rodgers chooses to pack it up and disappear for half a week, and we don't even know what the aftermath of that will bring given his brand of crazy.

We are hearing stuff about Jones, but I don't see that ending anytime soon.

Has anybody heard anything about Geno and the 'Hawks? That seems to be going under the radar.

Rodgers went in Thursday. He’s out. He’s just not saying anything. Oh well. He’s currently on a roster. Anyone waiting for him to demand a trade is wasting time.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Rodgers went in Thursday. He’s out. He’s just not saying anything. Oh well. He’s currently on a roster. Anyone waiting for him to demand a trade is wasting time.

Is that because you don’t think he will demand a trade, or because you just wouldn’t want us to try to trade for him?

4 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Is that because you don’t think he will demand a trade, or because you just wouldn’t want us to try to trade for him?

Because I wouldn’t want to miss out on other good QBs if I was a team in the market while I wait for Rodgers to request a trade and then still may not get him. Oh, and if I do I will need to give up multiple ones and the richest QB contract in the League. Or close.

Just too many dominoes. FA Rodgers, yes. Trade for Rodgers who may not even ask for a trade? No.

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Moving forward with Howell sure does give us a great opportunity to build the other elements of the roster out. Sign Payne #1 priority. Couple of FA pick ups.  Nice set of draft selections in waiting. 

This is the way!

Howell just needs to dip his toe in the 70% mean QB class pool and Washington will have a competitive disadvantage over most of the league.

Come on Howell, achieve competence! 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

This is the way!

Howell just needs to dip his toe in the 70% mean QB class pool and Washington will have a competitive disadvantage over most of the league.

Come on Howell, achieve competence! 

Yep I’ll buy into that if that’s the clear direction we are going,

Bieniemy has all but confirmed we are looking to address the OL issues. We’re going after some FAs in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yep I’ll buy into that if that’s the clear direction we are going,

Bieniemy has all but confirmed we are looking to address the OL issues. We’re going after some FAs in my opinion.

Money, opportunity and sprinkle in talent on offense should place Washington at the top to whoever they target at OL. 

Total opinion, but prefer to stay lean at OL in terms of cap, but would love to see them invest heavily in the draft. Like the idea being floated around to move Cosmi to G, draft an Olineman in the 1st or 2nd and add a guy they like in free agency. Boom, Oline then would an infusion of talent and increased potential to perform well. 

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Money, opportunity and sprinkle in talent on offense should place Washington at the top to whoever they target at OL. 

Total opinion, but prefer to stay lean at OL in terms of cap, but would love to see them invest heavily in the draft. Like the idea being floated around to move Cosmi to G, draft an Olineman in the 1st or 2nd and add a guy they like in free agency. Boom, Oline then would an infusion of talent and increased potential to perform well. 

Brown for LT would be my wildcard, but yeah in general I’m not up for paying 12-14mil py deals on just above average vet OL. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Not sure if this been brought up yet but I find this quote from EB interesting. 

“Well, I can only base my evaluation on what he did coming out of college. Now I did have an opportunity to see him play in that last game against the Dallas Cowboys. The kid is a dynamic football player. He can make throws from different platforms. You can tell he has a baseball background.

Mahomes also had a baseball background and can make throw from anywhere on the field. Hopefully EB can turn Howell into a mini-Mahomes. Fingers crossed. :)

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

44 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Not sure if this been brought up yet but I find this quote from EB interesting. 

“Well, I can only base my evaluation on what he did coming out of college. Now I did have an opportunity to see him play in that last game against the Dallas Cowboys. The kid is a dynamic football player. He can make throws from different platforms. You can tell he has a baseball background.

Mahomes also had a baseball background and can make throw from anywhere on the field. Hopefully EB can turn Howell into a mini-Mahomes. Fingers crossed. :)

Howell was throwing 91-93 mph heat as a pitcher in high school

• Like 3