Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Defensive coordinators may hate game-planning against him, but pass rushers and linebackers are probably licking their chops.

This is a league that famously had cash bounties on injuring guys. If he's so good, 15 yards for roughing the passer is well worth the damage somebody can inflict by taking a shot.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Defensive coordinators may hate game-planning against him, but pass rushers and linebackers are probably licking their chops.

This is a league that famously had cash bounties on injuring guys. If he's so good, 15 yards for roughing the passer is well worth the damage somebody can inflict by taking a shot.

Your fists cant hit what your eyes cant see

2 hours ago, mac8887 said:

I’m not so sure about that, Parsons is quite a bit bigger than JD, I don’t see JD breaking him in half. The more likely scenario is JD juking him and running for a TD

2 hours ago, mac8887 said:

I’m not so sure about that, Parsons is quite a bit bigger than JD, I don’t see JD breaking him in half. The more likely scenario is JD juking him and running for a TD

If he does that this happens.  And Daniels lifts his hand to let everyone know he is not paralyzed while lying in the back of the golf cart. 

23 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

He took this tweet below and then 10x'd it. There is nothing from this or what Peter's said to suggest they were telling teams to not even call them. Yeah, they are probably staying at #2. But Paulsen made it sound like they were being stubborn and wouldn't even pick up the phone. Just a dumb look.

It’s a dumb look because he’s dumb.  

• Like 2

Mild curiosity…

People who are in the Jayden Daniels camp and can’t fathom why anyone would be worried:

Can you not see people’s concerns with Daniels?

And those of you in the Maye camp:

Can you not see Daniels potential?

I feel like these things get ignored in this convo when people are all in for one or the other.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

RG3 still doing.... RG3 things:

If only our front office was able to be more thorough during the draft process.  If they put in the proper effort and asked the right questions, they would've known how much RG3 loves dragon Ball z, and they would've known to steer clear.  It would've saved us a lot of heartache. Can't win with a guy like that. 

Just now, KDawg said:

Mild curiosity…

People who are in the Jayden Daniels camp and can’t fathom why anyone would be worried:

I feel like these things get ignored in this convo when people are all in for one or the other.

I said the same thing relative to Daniels. But I think your 100% right about Maye as well.

I guess the thing I don't get @KDawg is if there is so much concern about injury risk, why wouldn't you take Maye over Daniels?  

I don't think it is worth taking a guy that could burn bright for a season or two and then crumble, literally. 

I am glad I am not making the decision.  I have already admitted I am leaning more towards Daniels.  

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Mild curiosity…

KDawg, both have issues but the biggest concerns about JD is making through the year in 1 piece with Maye having his issues too with some accuracy issues and consistency.  Who do you recommend at QB?  Your thoughts.  

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Mild curiosity…

I am in the want Maye club but like Daniels too as my runner up and heck I am good with McCarthy too though he's third with me.

All these dudes have strengths and weaknesses, clearly.  None of these guys are fool proof.

If the rumors are true that Maye is #3 on their board.  Keim, Simms, and even Spielman alluded to concerns about them -- you should take a victory lap because I recall your long post months ago about your concerns about Maye.  And you got some grief for it, including from me.  Doesn't mean this FO is right or wrong -- but clearly it looks like they don't see Maye as this borderline bullet point prospect that some do.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Listened to McCoy on 106.7

He loves Daniels. Grant and Danny are pretty big Maye guys and not so subtly tried to make it seem like Daniels is getting the love because of his legs and flash and that's what the league is looking for now, but McCoy pushed back and made it clear he evaluated Daniels as a passer first and foremost,  not a runner. Accuracy is the most important thing to McCoy. He liked Maye too, but taking Daniels  number two seemed beyond obvious to McCoy.

Anyway, good listen... except Grant and Danny are annoying as can be.

If it was just about anyone other than Grant and Danny I’d be searching for it, but those two are insufferable.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, skinsmania123 said:

I said the same thing relative to Daniels. But I think your 100% right about Maye as well.

I guess the thing I don't get @KDawg is if there is so much concern about injury risk, why wouldn't you take Maye over Daniels?  

I don't think it is worth taking a guy that could burn bright for a season or two and then crumble, literally. 

I am glad I am not making the decision.  I have already admitted I am leaning more towards Daniels.  

I’m not comfortable with Daniels because I am terrified of the RG3 scenario. It’s not rational. It’s not a guarantee. The past doesn’t dictate the future. 

I don’t particularly want Daniels.

But holy **** if he’s healthy he has such a high end potential that I am 100% willing to wait it out and see what happens.

I’m weary of Maye, too. But his physical tools are traditionally along the lines of how the top quarterbacks are built. 

Tradition doesn’t mean all. 

I’m more comfortable with McCarthy than both but you don’t pick comfort at 2. You swing. 

if we were going McCarthy you have to move back to 4ish. But I’m not sure why Arizona would come up so it’s kind of a moot point. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

When I listened to that John Beck interview, it didn't leave me hopeful that he can change significantly.  If your QB coach says that "he knows its a problem" and then follows up by saying, "I'm not sure it can be taught" - that doesn't leave me hopeful.  It implies that Jayden has talked to his coaches about it, and that they aren't sure what to do about it (obviously, I'm speculating a but here - but it seems reasonable).

I don't know. I can't wait to hear the process they went through to come to their decision, whoever it is. 

My feeling is they will go with Daniels just because I want Maye. I get in the shortest line at the grocery store and for some reason I am still standing in it while the other line flows quickly. So of course I shift to that line and it stops due to me being in it. 

I WANT DANIELS!

• Haha 7

49 minutes ago, jg77 said:

The kid is tough just watch the videos of him chasing down defensive players after they pick his pass.  He has that dog in him.

My Shih Tzu "has that dog in him too" but there is a reason they have the small dog park separate from the big dog park.

He gets steamrolled every time i let him try out the big dog park. Remember that video I posted with JD dropping coins like Sonic the Hedgehog?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I have repeatedly and unsubtle-ly recommended that he be hunted like human game by a slide coach who just happens to be a near religious zealot in his determination to see Jayden improve his slide form. 

Jayden has flaws and concerns. I see a bunch.

I would honestly question the evaluation ability of someone was to review a prospect and not come away with a laundry list of issues on any project.

5 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

if there is so much concern about injury risk, why wouldn't you take Maye over Daniels?  

In regards to injury possibility specifically, while JD is the bigger injury risk, I feel much better going in that direction when the other guy is also a decent candidate to get his head taken off at the next level as well. Maye sux at protecting himself too and has seen his way to the blue tent all the same. Kinda helps mitigate that specific fear when its gonna be a problem regardless... if that makes sense.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Mild curiosity…

That's kind of why I'm torn LOL!

I'm extraordinarily concerned with how Daniels will hold up at the NFL level. It isn't about his size or musculature, it's his frame combined with his recklessness. He has a bit of seasoning that Maye doesn't have yet, so you're not working on the fundamentals as much. How high is his ceiling, though, when you factor that? I don't know. As much as I love watching a QB whose athleticism is a weapon, NFL Defenses have figured that out. It's about his frame and his ultimate ceiling.

Maye... time will need to be taken honing his gifts as a passer, by which I mean cleaning up some of his fundamentals. I don't think he's a total crackhead a la younger Josh Allen, but he needs work. Is he still young enough for that to take? Dunno. 

There are questions about both, but I'm worried more about Daniels' physique more than I am the ability to "coach up" Maye.

FOMO is strong with both.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Mild curiosity…

I hate to put myself in a camp but I can very much see what worries people about Daniels and it worries me too. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

F it. I'm all in on Daniels. He's gonna resurrect this franchise and I can't wait for him to strut all over Parsons and Thibodeaux etc. 

llIMG_0187.thumb.jpeg.89106cd79887c6e781246cf02b7d81d0.jpeg

Resilience is one of the most powerful qualities a human being can possess.

I am proud of you. 

• Like 1