Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I just watched every pass and run by JD and the way the media was hyping him i was expecting much more..He is not the elusive runner like people make him out to be..He has more long speed than he does burst..

His ball placement is no better than Mayes on a lot of his throws..His outside the number throws lack velocity

Teams give a lot more space to JD's receivers than they do Maye's which make throws easier for JD

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

I'm was talking about an OLine that couldn't compete against either of the ones that JD and JJ had.  Not even close.  Given the 1500 yard RB but what COULD HAVE BEEN if Maye had what either of the other QBs had in OL and WRs.  There, swallow that and tell me how it taste.  😋

Oh, we're resorting to what ifs again. Tastes like RWJ desperation 😋

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Thought we were in the QB thread?  Just being against taking lauded/high prospects at all, because they might bust, seems nuts.

we tend to fall for the media darlings

1 hour ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

And Daniels was also padding stats against Grambling, Georgia State, and Army.  

Everybody played cupcakes, conference play is what differed... a LOT.

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

My guess is the Giants will be all in for Maye on Thursday, and if they miss they'll draft a QB in a later round.

Given our luck with the Giants, if they manage to get Maye I predict about a 93% chance that he becomes a top 5 QB for the next 10-15 years and will regularly beat us down twice every season during that time period.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I just watched every pass and run by JD and the way the media was hyping him i was expecting much more..He is not the elusive runner like people make him out to be..He has more long speed than he does burst..

His ball placement is no better than Mayes on a lot of his throws..His outside the number throws lack velocity

Teams give a lot more space to JD's receivers than they do Maye's which make throws easier for JD

Welcome to the club!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The draft rarely pans out the way "the experts" think.

This draft is even more dubious than previous years due to new regimes picking high in Washington and New England. Might as well throw in the Chargers, too.

Plenty of intrigue, though, which is what the NFL loves.

Content creators are going to be working overtime Thursday night to re-write their headlines for Fridays morning shows and articles.

I cant wait to hear the excuses, but nobody holds these guys accountable anyways. They'll just act like they called it correct all along and nobody will care because it will be on to the next guess and more content to feed the masses.

🍿

12 minutes ago, bh32 said:

The way he's hyped you'd think Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson had a kid in a three way with Tom Brady.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

FWIW, I still think GMAP is doing exactly what Lynch/Shanahan did in SF with the Trey Lance pick - not saying a word during lying season and laughing at all the misinformation floating around... it's Maye, it's always been Maye, it'll be Maye on Thursday. 

I Speak That Into Existence I Planted The Seed GIF - I Speak That Into  Existence I Planted The Seed And I Will See The Harvest - Discover & Share  GIFs

The big difference from 2021 being, of course, that GMAP is going to hand in a card for Maye and not Davius Richard.

Edited by Dah-Dee

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

The way he's hyped you'd think Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson had a kid in a three way with Tom Brady.

He has no lower body strength..He barely gets touched in the pocket and he goes down..He will get killed in the NFC EAST.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Given our luck with the Giants, if they manage to get Maye I predict about a 93% chance that he becomes a top 5 QB for the next 10-15 years and will regularly beat us down twice every season during that time period.

As if they need a top 5 QB to beat us twice every year.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those LSU receivers command so much respect from defenses that they leave gapping holes in the defense for JD to run through..He ain't gonna have that kind of space in the NFL 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

The Spit Take GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

I mean, look, an RB isn't scoring 5 TDs a game and doing 400 yards of offense.  The 280 yards and 3.8 TDs he's not doing gotta come from somewhere or the team loses.  That's gotta come from, primarily, the passing game.

UNC's run blocking was good.  Their pass protection was very poor.  Their receivers were poor to, at best with Tez, mediocre.  That's a lot of offense to put up with underperforming players for the pass game.

If UNC's defense was only giving up like 19 points a game, fine.  But they weren't.

41 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Is there a prediction thread for the UF/LSU game somewhere? | SEC Rant

• Like 1