Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

25 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I'm not smart enough to know if this David Oh guy  is dishing out sharp sounding, but ultimately vapid fluffery or damn good insight.

Help out this bewildered old man  scratching his head with his mouth wide open trying to make sense of this indecipherable gobblydygook...

BLUF

Everyone has an agenda. No one knows anything.

🙂

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Is Adam Schefter that much of an influencer?

Are you kidding me right now? You should check out his OnlyFans page. That body with mock drafts lying all over the bed. Wooowee. If you saw it, he would be a top 10 selection for you. Maybe even 5 when he puts the helmet on. Or he could be your #2 with the boom boom boom. 

I thought @Jumbo’s post was nice. We should all get along and share our differences in a polite manner. With that said, y’all are some dumb idiots in here. Rattler going #2 overall. 

you’ve been snake bitten by the Fetus! Coil, uncoil, recoil……Ssssssss…..

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Haha 8

36 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

What does burrow have over allen besides an inability to stay healthy?

Won on bigger stages and doesnt turn it over as much with the game on the line.

It's probably personal preference, but that's how I rank it at this point.

15 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Today must be, "Let's overhype Jayden Daniels Day".

I was doing a drive by through Twitter and I've never seen so many pro-Daniels tweets.

Is Adam Schefter that much of an influencer?

Anyways, check out thus tweet which gets my award for Most Hyperbolicly Absurd Pro Daniels Quote...

Daniels is a lot of things but he aint close to Mahomes in style or ability. If there's  a potential Mahomes clone in this draft (and there isn't) Caleb Willians would be closer than Daniels.

And did you notice who tweeted it?

@DrakeMayemvp and his profile has a picture of him.

Yl5QaS.gif.7c93cb7c1d4755afe62323d3259cdd95.gif

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

That's great and all. But Allen had a chance to put a stamp on his status by beating the Chiefs in the divisional game last year. He wasn't clutch. If a QB can't take your team to the big dance then all you are left with just empty hopes years after years.

I do feel sorry for the Bills fans from yesteryears. They went to 4 SBs back-to-back and lost all of them. (But not sorry for beating them in 1992 though :)). I am pretty sure those fans are getting up in age now and want a QB who can bring home the Lombardi. I don't see Allen being that QB though. I might be in the minority here but that is how I feel. 

This post makes it seem like you’re bad at watching football. Are you bad at watching football? 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

No other option is worth thinking about and my #2 won’t happen either.

And that's why there's chatter about McCarthy at 2... IF (and its a huge if) they think he's their guy, they can't get cute and try to land him a couple picks later. They could easily end up with a guy who is not their guy. 

18 minutes ago, Conn said:

This post makes it seem like you’re bad at watching football. Are you bad at watching football? 

Clearly you didn't read my last sentence. 

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I remember watching this game.

I don't remember literally anything about it.  

That is why one has to re-watch the game once it shows up on the interwebs ;)

39 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Twitter is an absolute cesspool.

342k views so far for a random rumor based on nothing.

You're soooooo wrong.  

It's 450k views. Oh, plus one more.  Dammit!

8llj83.jpg

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, illone said:

Won on bigger stages and doesnt turn it over as much with the game on the line.

It's probably personal preference, but that's how I rank it at this point.

I agree that the turnovers are an issue for Allen as he tries to play hero ball too much, but the whole winning on bigger stage thing is a team stat, not just the QB. If it weren't, we'd be sitting here saying Nick Foles is better than both with his one ring. And Burrow still has as many rings as Allen to show for it.

15 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Grandpa Finlay is sending us to analytics timeout again:

The funny thing about analytics people, especially when it comes to P2S, is that it sorta is working backwards.

P2S matters because, Joe Burrow aside, it correlates with success.

Is there wobble?  Absolutely.

But given that only roughly 2/3rds of top 10 QBs succeed, and then roughly only half of QBs in the rest of round 1 and 2 succeed, clearly the people making the picks, be they coaches, GMs, or Jerry Jones aren't all that amazing picking dudes either.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Twitter is an absolute cesspool.

342k views so far for a random rumor based on nothing.

Let’s goooo! Good post. 

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2024 at 5:38 PM, DogofWar1 said:

Indeed we appear to have hit the "Maye redemption arc" of this season of "The NFL Draft."

Do we have anymore twists and turns to go before April 25th!?

Who knows.  I hope not.  I'm exhausted.

I posted this yesterday around this same time and in this past day we got rumors of Jayden being locked in at 2.

I am so tired.

19 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

The funny thing about analytics people, especially when it comes to P2S, is that it sorta is working backwards.

P2S matters because, Joe Burrow aside, it correlates with success.

Is there wobble?  Absolutely.

But given that only roughly 2/3rds of top 10 QBs succeed, and then roughly only half of QBs in the rest of round 1 and 2 succeed, clearly the people making the picks, be they coaches, GMs, or Jerry Jones aren't all that amazing picking dudes either.

so PTS?  Because I kept reading that as you not knowing how to spell "PS2" and then 1999 came back and it wasn't bad and then 2000 did and oh no

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

Clearly you didn't read my last sentence. 

Qualifying that something is how you feel doesn’t make it less wrong. Feelings and opinions can be objectively wrong even if they’re acknowledged to be a minority opinion. 

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

See it’s things like this that make me believe Keim isn’t just getting outside talk on leans and whatnot. He’s so cautious normally that for him to be so adamant against JJ being in discussions. It’s hard for me to believe the JD slant is only from around the league talk. 

• Like 2