Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

What’s weird to me is that they aren’t going to Fromm.

We all know that Rivera saying it’s in Howell’s best interest to sit and learn and recover is really just because Rivera wants to end his career with a W or two with Brissett, it’s self-serving. But on the surface, to the media, he did still say it! So what, now that you don’t have Brissett those things said about what’s best for Howell are no longer true? Curious. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

On 12/27/2023 at 9:24 AM, CapsSkins said:

SF will beat us regardless but I want to see Fromm week 18. And play all the backups, too. Tinsley at WR. Patterson at RB. Burgess at S and Castro-Fields at CB. Get Jabril Cox in at LB. Play Forbes every single snap and put him on CeeDee.

Yes... yes.... it's all starting to come together. Muahahaha

• Haha 6

Just now, Llevron said:

Offense gonna go crazy 

Well, coordinators that are head coaches focus on their side of the ball. This isn’t totally odd. His focus should be on game planning for San Fran’s offense. They have a ton of weapons and defending them is a horror show.

Having said that… you’d hope he’d at least have watched a little. Or lied through his teeth…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Well, coordinators that are head coaches focus on their side of the ball. This isn’t totally odd. His focus should be on game planning for San Fran’s offense. They have a ton of weapons and defending them is a horror show.

Having said that… you’d hope he’d at least have watched a little. Or lied through his teeth…

Of all the Rivera-isms, this one I think is kind of a nothingburger. Ron is calling the defense and EB has complete control over the offense, so EB is the one to ask about the SF defense. We're gonna get crushed regardless so whatever  

57 minutes ago, Conn said:

What’s weird to me is that they aren’t going to Fromm.

We all know that Rivera saying it’s in Howell’s best interest to sit and learn and recover is really just because Rivera wants to end his career with a W or two with Brissett, it’s self-serving. But on the surface, to the media, he did still say it! So what, now that you don’t have Brissett those things said about what’s best for Howell are no longer true? Curious. 

Easier to say when you don't have to play him fornbest chance to win.

Two more weeks of egregious hypocrisy...just two more weeks...

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Easier to say when you don't have to play him fornbest chance to win.

Two more weeks of egregious hypocrisy...just two more weeks...

Sure. We know that is the real reason. But it isn’t the reason Ron gave in his pressers, so it’s extra funny to see him ignore it now. 

• Thumb up 1

Yeah, I'd buy the conspiracy theory element of this if Fromm was starting. Also if it were before the Dallas game, not this one. 

I never expected Harris to meddle, but this is a golden opportunity for him to get whomever int he front office (likely Hurney) to put his thumb on the scale. Brissett, Leno and Robinson should go on IR. McLuarin and Allen should be shut down for the finale due to lingering injury issues. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

Sure. We know that is the real reason. But it isn’t the reason Ron gave in his pressers, so it’s extra funny to see him ignore it now. 

To keep from getting angry I jus compare the remainder of this season to the Cow scene in Me, Myself, and Irene:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I always "mourn" the end of a season, but it's been quite awhile that what I miss will have anything to do with my team. 😐

In this case, there is genuine excitement about the rebirth of the franchise starting January 8. It will be a helluva ride - a new FO, new coaching staff, exciting FA and draft period, and a potential rebrand to boot.

The Dan Snyder Era is officially over in 10 days. 

• Thumb up 1