Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

There is no reason to believe that drafting Flacco would have improved us that much.  Not with the former owner and his minions at the helm.

I think he means after Flacco left Baltimore. We didn’t have a first round pick the year Flacco was drafted. That was the year of the triplets in the 2nd.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mac8887 said:

It was the echo chamber that finally after all these years made me go from just a reader to a poster.

That's just a pathetic statement on multiple levels. If you believe this is an echo chamber, as you've said more than once, you're embracing a dumb take that's not supported by reality. And again, the idea that your goal is to set people straight is ridiculously pretentious.

By the way, virtually everyone here has also been a longtime reader and lifelong fan, but most have also been registered participants for years and thus actual supporters of the site.

You are a noob and you're starting out in poor form.   And I most definitely do not say that simply because you're being critical of Sam.

There's been no shortage of criticism of Sam by many posters, and there's also a broad range of takes, many nuanced ones too, and good debate on the topic. The various viewpoints have been generally argued reasonably and intelligently.

Hardly an echo chamber. 😏

If you have at least rudimentary reading comprehension and at least average intelligence you'd know this by reading what's actually been written on this board.

You may have to wage your crusade elsewhere.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I think he means after Flacco left Baltimore. We didn’t have a first round pick the year Flacco was drafted. That was the year of the triplets in the 2nd.

I realized that after I replied, and deleted my reply.

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

You may have to wage your crusade elsewhere.

giphy.gif

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

yeah. Flacco was one of the best pure throwers I have ever seen. I would have loved to have him instead of Alex. He makes dumb ass mistakes. And just did in this game. But man can he stroke it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Anyone know how to go back and search posts from years ago? I cant figure that **** out....

Click the icon in the search bar. Then under "Date Created", hit Custom. Select your beginning and end dates, enter your search query, click "Search Content" and stroke it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, CapsSkins said:

If you send me what you want to search and the dates I can link you to the results.

Here's a search for "paloffs" between 1/1/2002 and 1/1/2012: https://es.redskins.com/search/?&q=paloffs&search_and_or=or&start_after=1009843200&start_before=1325376000

I honestly want to say what I said about Flacco when his Ravens term ended. But I am not stressing about it either. I know I wanted him here. But I am hammered too so maybe I wasnt as excited as I am claiming to be either, :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I honestly want to say what I said about Flacco when his Ravens term ended. But I am not stressing about it either. I know I wanted him here. But I am hammered too so maybe I wasnt as excited as I am claiming to be either, :)

Unless you deleted posts or I'm doing this wrong, you never wrote "Flacco" in a post until February 2021 when you suggested him as a one-year stop-gap! Maybe you imagined people laughing at your suggestion of Flacco over Smith in 2018 and decided not to post it? 😉

https://es.redskins.com/search/?&q=Flacco&author=clskinsfan&search_and_or=or

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Unless you deleted posts or I'm doing this wrong, you never wrote "Flacco" in a post until February 2021 when you suggested him as a one-year stop-gap! Maybe you imagined people laughing at your suggestion of Flacco over Smith in 2018 and decided not to post it? 😉

https://es.redskins.com/search/?&q=Flacco&author=clskinsfan&search_and_or=or

Very possible brother. Thank you for indulging my druken fantasy. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

I’m confused. You want a QB to say he can’t make those throws? Pretty stupid thing to get mad at a guy about, of course he’s gonna believe in his arm. Just so happens to be one of the few guys who can claim that, too. Being able to make any of those throws doesn’t mean you’re “as good” btw. There’s a lot more to being a QB and I imagine any FO interviewing him before the draft will dig into all that and see what his mindset really is. But buying into these dumb sound bites that players are baited into is a waste of time. Forming your whole view of a player’s personality around them is equally so. 

In that case let me clairy furthermore then. It is okay to have higher aspirations. But to say he is as good as Mahomes who had won 1 SB at that time is just stupid. I would have have been fine if had said I would like to be at the same level as Mahomes is and I will do my best to be like him or more if I can. That is being humble. No one batied him to say what he said. That was his ego talking. 

10 minutes ago, zCommander said:

In that case let me clairy furthermore then. It is okay to have higher aspirations. But to say he is as good as Mahomes who had won 1 SB at that time is just stupid. I would have have been fine if had said I would like to be at the same level as Mahomes is and I will do my best to be like him or more if I can. That is being humble. No one batied him to say what he said. That was his ego talking. 

You’re just full of **** or misinformed, unfortunately. I’m guessing you read an incorrect tweet or heard some BS on a podcast or the radio, and it stuck with you. That’s how misinformation works, and then it shapes our entire view of a situation or person. That’s why latching onto the controversy around these kids without firsthand knowledge (or even just, um, reading the articles in question) is dangerous. This is directly from the interview you’re referring to:

IMG_3725.jpeg

So what are you talking about again?

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

You’re just full of **** or misinformed, unfortunately. I’m guessing you read an incorrect tweet or heard some BS on a podcast or the radio, and it stuck with you. That’s how misinformation works, and then it shapes our entire view of a situation or person. That’s why latching onto the controversy around these kids without firsthand knowledge (or even just, um, reading the articles in question) is dangerous. This is directly from the interview you’re referring to:

IMG_3725.jpeg

So what are you talking about again?

Go back one more year then to this: 

“It’s pretty cool, I’d say, just because everybody watches Patrick and sees all the cool things he can do,” Williams said, via Zach Gelb of CBS Sports Radio. “I always said even in high school that I don’t think there’s anything -- obviously, he’s special, but I don’t think there’s anything that I can’t do that he’s doing out there.”

Edited by zCommander

11 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Go back one more year then to this: 

“It’s pretty cool, I’d say, just because everybody watches Patrick and sees all the cool things he can do,” Williams said, via Zach Gelb of CBS Sports Radio. “I always said even in high school that I don’t think there’s anything -- obviously, he’s special, but I don’t think there’s anything that I can’t do that he’s doing out there.”

I addressed that already in my initial post, how it doesn’t read badly at all for a blue chip QB prospect to speak like that about himself. Then you insisted on keeping it going, so I thought it would be useful for you to see how his ability to deal with the media on the topic has evolved. 

I explained my view already, but there’s nothing arrogant in that statement at all. You want an elite prospect to think they have that ceiling. You just aren’t used to a talented player aware that they’re talented because our team and most of its players mostly ****ing suck. He didn’t say he is better than Mahomes or as good as him. He said there’s nothing Mahomes can do that he’s not capable of. 

The kid has some red flags—he’s been anointed as the chosen one since he was at least 18. His personality needs to be figured out by whoever’s doing the evaluating. 

This isn’t one of those red flags, sorry. 

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  I also think he might have the most arm talent, too.

He does.  He has the most arm talent I've ever seen in a college QB.  And he's the most creative quarterback in the class, and one of the most creative I've ever seen.  This is where he matches Mahomes and demands the comparison.  I never expected to see another player like Mahomes again, crazy that here one comes just six years later.

This isn't directed at you, but to the room: I get that nobody really like this kid because he's an arrogant and emotional guy with a big mouth.  But LeBron James literally has "Chosen One" tattooed on his back.  Oh well.  You know who loves LeBron James?  Everyone who has ever played with him.  Caleb is going to be like that.  He is the alpha player of all alpha players, everyone around him is going to instinctively follow him, and he is the biggest show in his level of football.  His arrogance is natural and derived from his supremacy as a player.  That's coming with him to the NFL, and that **** is actually going to be good for his NFL team, because that swagger infuses everyone who works and plays along side him.  We need to be realistic and acknowledge what an extreme instance of good fortune it would be for him to force his way to DC.  I love Drake Maye, and I would love to have him here too.  But if I could get Caleb Williams, I'm not picking Drake over him.  You don't stick your nose up at talent like Caleb.  If our organization has truly turned the corner that you think they have, that they're fully capable of developing and supporting a star QB, then there is probably going to be a point by the end of Caleb's rookie contract where he is the best player in the NFL.  You don't pass on that kind of upside over for any reason when you have a shot at it.

Caleb forcing Chicago to trade him to us would be the most exciting thing that's happened to this franchise since they won their last SB.  Whether we should leap at that opportunity if it came about isn't even remotely controversial to me.  What I can't wrap my head around is a rationale for why he would do that.  He has given no indication he wants to be here, and we have absolutely zero draw as a franchise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Caleb's TD throw on 4th and 1 with 8 minutes to go in the third quarter of the Washington game is a perfect summation of what he can do as a player.  It's a demonstration of authentic football genius.  We've never had a QB even remotely good enough to make a play like that, and he does them with such routine that it downplays how special throws like that are.  USC ran a seven man protection on 4th and 1 that immediately collapsed with a free A gap rusher.  He spins out of that contact and freezes that rusher, only to have another free rusher from the left side bearing down on him.  But before the rusher gets there, he stops his drift and immediately launches a touchdown ball across his body far hash to field side pylon 40 yards down field (so sixty yards in the air give or take) while falling left into pressure.  It's also a game tying play in the second half against a vastly superior opponent.  It's so next level that he's even considering that option on a busted play where he's got two targets on a critical down against pressure.  There are barely any other QBs in the world with the arm talent and athleticism to even make that throw against air, and he makes it look routine in a game.  He is ridiculously special.  As people start going through his film and seeing how many plays like this he makes, it's going to become more and more clear that he's the #1 pick in this class and one of the best QB prospects to ever come along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Donna Rodgers is a diva, who has the Jets by all their collective balls.  Every player he asked them to sign, didn’t perform. If he wasn’t the qb; they wouldn’t have been signed. Salah and the Gm are lucky Rodgers is on the team because his injury saved them from being fired. Aaron owns the Jets and they will do his bidding for another year and more if it works out in 24.

9 hours ago, MartinC said:

One of the best sports teams on the planet are the New Zealand Rugby team. The All Blacks. Island nation with more sheep than people but have been the world best at Rugby for decades.

They only have one team rule - no dickheads. 

Sonny Bill Williams disagrees 😂

I think it’s impossible to compare any professional sports team to the NZ Rugby Union team, in fairness. They are unique in their approach to everything, down to cleaning up their changing room facilities up after games. 

Not sure their standards and ethos translate anywhere else in sport, let alone the NFL.

• Like 1