Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

56 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Resigning Heinicke makes no sense to me with a Scott gone and EB here.

Maybe EB thinks he is still a good backup and knows the players. For example, like I am just going to throw with my eyes closed and Terry is out there somewhere and he will catch it. That had nothing to do with Scott.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Resigning Heinicke makes no sense to me with a Scott gone and EB here.

The narrative is Heinicke knows this system too because its similar to the Shurmur system in Minny that he played in (Andy Reid system)

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Interesting piece of information regarding the timing of escrow though.

Looks like from what I gathered is the way escrow works is year 1 guaranteed is immediate but the rest is about 9 months later in January?.  didn't know that.  That's still tough for someone like Dan with cash flow issues I'd presume but not in this context considering he'd be gone (hopefully).

Edited by Skinsinparadise

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Looks like from what I gathered is the way escrow works is year 1 guaranteed is immediate but the rest is about 9 months later in January?.  didn't know that.  That's still tough for someone like Dan with cash flow issues I'd presume but not in this context considering he'd be gone (hopefully).

The way I see it now is that you'd have to have the signing bonus day 1, cuz that check gets cut and you can pull a Cooley and walk it right to the bank.

Somepoint soon you'd have to have the year 1 money. The time frame would likely alter around when it would need to be paid. Roster bonus? Workout bonus? Per game check? all would likely have different time-frames.

Then the tweet said deals are reviewed for escrow in Jan. Whether that means you gotta be in compliance or they tell you what you need to do to be in compliance and then set a date I'm not sure. That would encompass the rest of the G money on the deal that has not already been given to the player.

The constant review does some make sense when you consider a lot of contracts have money that does not become guaranteed until certain dates or events. If some guy's contract get more Gs after say day 3 of the 2024 leauge year, you probably don't have to escrow that in 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Upshot being escrow requirements aren’t an immediate deal breaker.

Dan's current circumstance is the perfect storm for it in a good way.   It's like if you are buying a house you would have to put some money down right away but you have 9 months or so to pull the rest -- that's a steep ask for me if I have to muster the money but if I actually don't have to pay the rest of the money in 9 months, its a piece of cake. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Now I really don't get TH's college coach doing that interview.  Was that all him and not sanctioned by TH?  It sure didn't feel like it.  If it was sanctioned, why on earth would you do that if you have even a modicum of interest in coming back to DC?  If it wasn't sanctioned, one would think his agent or someone would issue a clarification that TH has no issue with Rivera.  Just seems weird.

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Now I really don't get TH's college coach doing that interview.  Was that all him and not sanctioned by TH?  It sure didn't feel like it.  If it was sanctioned, why on earth would you do that if you have even a modicum of interest in coming back to DC?  If it wasn't sanctioned, one would think his agent or someone would issue a clarification that TH has no issue with Rivera.  Just seems weird.

If they’re working on bringing him back, and therefore in communication with TH/his agent, feels like that’s probably something that would/could (and arguably should) be addressed privately.  🤷‍♂️

40 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Everything we saw from TH himself in the offseason in summary was Howell is that dude, and I would totally back him up.

So yeah, his coach putting all that stuff out there is wild to me too.  Sounds more like things that TH shared with him personally, that he didn’t expect him to go blabbing to the public about.  No matter what, I wouldn’t like it at all if I was Rivera.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Hopefully this means adults putting aside differences and ego and doing what what they feel is best for themselves and team. 

If EB is in support of it and to a lesser degree, Howell loves him, I’m 100% cool with bringing back Heineke who the team loves and supports. Maybe with him being a back up and securing some more money his willingness to run will return (criminal, his decision to not use legs 2 seasons ago and last season). I’d be okay with him going head to head against Dak, Jones or most of the other 70% pool of average QBs starting in the NFL. 

8 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Hopefully this means adults putting aside differences and ego and doing what what they feel is best for themselves and team. 

If EB is in support of it and to a lesser degree, Howell loves him, I’m 100% cool with bringing back Heineke who the team loves and supports. Maybe with him being a back up and securing some more money his willingness to run will return (criminal, his decision to not use legs 2 seasons ago and last season). I’d be okay with him going head to head against Dak, Jones or most of the other 70% pool of average QBs starting in the NFL. 

I wouldn't.  He had his chance against Jones twice and failed (his miraculous 4th quarter drive was after he threw two horrendous balls that could have been picked easily).  He's never beaten Dak.  I'd rather have Matt Corral as a backup or just make Fromm the backup vs Heineke and the save the money.  Dude is the luckiest QB ever.  He led the NFL in TO worthy throws last year.  He was near the bottom the year before.  We were winning in spite of him.  

56 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I wouldn't.  He had his chance against Jones twice and failed (his miraculous 4th quarter drive was after he threw two horrendous balls that could have been picked easily).  He's never beaten Dak.  I'd rather have Matt Corral as a backup or just make Fromm the backup vs Heineke and the save the money.  Dude is the luckiest QB ever.  He led the NFL in TO worthy throws last year.  He was near the bottom the year before.  We were winning in spite of him.  

Jake Fromm has as much place on an NFL roster as you do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Taylor is over 500 as a starter. The game is not too big for him -- where it is too big for so many guys with way more physical talent. His fans overrate him and his critics underrate him. I totally get why Ron and company want to bring him back. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

I wouldn't.  He had his chance against Jones twice and failed (his miraculous 4th quarter drive was after he threw two horrendous balls that could have been picked easily).  He's never beaten Dak. 

Ummm... if he is resigned, he will be the backup QB and not the starting QB and therefore won't see the field so he wouldn't have to see Jones or Dak again. Your angst is misplaced here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Ummm... if he is resigned, he will be the backup QB and not the starting QB and therefore won't see the field so he wouldn't have to see Jones or Dak again. Your angst is misplaced here. 

Dudes the Tonya Harding of the NFL and I don't want hi back.

• Haha 2