Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

What will we have to give up to get this unknown QB. I would think it is some of the defensive linemen. The players we have to trade what are they worth vs the first round picks of other teams?

Despite that tragedy that has happened to the Sweat family, Montez is the prime candidate to be traded next year. Chase gets more time to prove himself,since we spent a #2 pick on him.

19 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

What will we have to give up to get this unknown QB. I would think it is some of the defensive linemen. The players we have to trade what are they worth vs the first round picks of other teams?

The rumor is the Texans want this for Watson

3 1st

2 seconds 

2-3 first round caliber players 

or rumor is 
Vegas wants

2 first and other players for Carr

or Seattle wants this for Wilson 

2 first 

2 mid rounds 

2 starters 

The cost for these guys is too high

especially Watson, and with our

luck he would get a suspension and conviction as soon as we got him…

Just now, tomwvr said:

The rumor is the Texans want this for Watson

3 1st

2 seconds 

2-3 first round caliber players 

or rumor is 
Vegas wants

2 first and other players for Carr

or Seattle wants this for Wilson 

2 first 

2 mid rounds 

2 starters 

The cost for these guys is too high

especially Watson, and with our

luck he would get a suspension and conviction as soon as we got him…

I think noon e is trading for Watson until his legal issues are completely resolved and that includes whether he gets charged ad goes to jail.

Derek Carr will cost multiple first-round picks and certainly won't play without a new contract. (or at least that'll be the asking price)

He might be worth that. I don't think a first round pick has value these days compared to a starting QB. (especially considering the one's we draft)

Its not a question of what Carr is worth, but moreso if we can target someone better or trade up for a rookie.

• Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's currently the 3rd ranked QB and is firmly in the 8-12 range league wide. 

QB is by far the biggest hole on this team.

That was the price last year for Stafford who is a little better, but much older.

We don't have to worry about the most important position for 5-8 years if we get him and we're instantly a contender.

or we save a few bucks and go with Trubisky or Heinicke again.

or we draft a guy and wait a couple years for him to develop.

8-12 for Carr seems ambitious. He's has one winning season in 8 years. The Raiders aren't a great organization, but they're not complete crap either. There's heavy evidence at this point that Carr is not going to elevate those around him. He's a slight step up from a glorified game manager and better than what's here, but I honestly don't get the fascination. He's also past his prime. It's such a Washington move to trade for a mediocre player on the down side of his career. I'd be okay if it was for a third rounder. Two firsts would be devastating. Might as well write the pink slip for Ron Rivera and pretty much the entire organization as that's where it will end up in two years (if not faster). I don't get the idea of why Carr makes Washington a "contender" when he failed to make the Raiders win more than eight games all but once (in 2016)

17 minutes ago, Jericho said:

8-12 for Carr seems ambitious. He's has one winning season in 8 years. The Raiders aren't a great organization, but they're not complete crap either. There's heavy evidence at this point that Carr is not going to elevate those around him. He's a slight step up from a glorified game manager and better than what's here, but I honestly don't get the fascination. He's also past his prime. It's such a Washington move to trade for a mediocre player on the down side of his career. I'd be okay if it was for a third rounder. Two firsts would be devastating. Might as well write the pink slip for Ron Rivera and pretty much the entire organization as that's where it will end up in two years (if not faster). I don't get the idea of why Carr makes Washington a "contender" when he failed to make the Raiders win more than eight games all but once (in 2016)

LOL….

Carr has not elevated those around him? Agholor put up a career season playing with him in 2020, got paid and has done nothing this year. Waller did not do anything in Baltimore before coming to the Raiders. 

An issue on this board is that a lot of you have not been able to separate the Carr through 2018 from the Carr between 2019-2021. He has taken his game to another level. Past his prime? Go do some basic research

The Kirk comparisons don’t make a lot of sense either because, unlike Kirk, Carr has strong intangibles. His coaches and teammates love him

Edited by method man
  • Like 3

Three #1's I've seen multple times for Watson.  I bet they get it with a lttle gravy.

Three #1's for Wilson I've seen multiple times.  I bet they get it.

Two #1's for Carr.  I bet they get it.  I doubt they get gravy on top of it.  

Carr to me feels a lot like Stafford did last year.  Carr is coming off a big season.  I think if he ends up leading the Raiders to the playoffs he almost for sure doesn't hit the trade market.   They are right now in a 4 way tie for the playoff spot.  

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I wonder if sweat and this years first would be enough for carr.If this ends the QB problem for 5 years then it's probably worth doing. I know it will be expensive to redo his contract but top 15 QB are getting 30 million a year. 

They don’t need Sweat. They have Crosby and Ngakuoue

I don't think any of these QBs get traded except for Watson eventually.  I think Rodgers stays in GB, Carr stays in LV, Wilson stays in SEA.  Oh, there'll be a lot of chatter and rumors and QB movement hysteria, but in the end, they'll all be wearing the same jerseys next year.

• Sad 1

Rodgers or nothing—Confident Dan can get Washington in the running. Rodgers likely comes at no cost. 

No Rodgers, then draft Malik Willis and sign Marcus Mariota or Trubisky. 

Derek Carr. Yuck! Yuck is a bit extreme, but I rather go with a rookie versus committing to him for the next 4 years. 

Edited by wit33

13 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Rodgers or nothing—Confident Dan can get Washington in the running. Rodgers likely comes at no cost. 

Derek Carr. Yuck! Yuck is a bit extreme, but I rather go with a rookie versus committing to him for the next 4 years. 

Rodgers likely comes at no cost? Huh? He's still got 2 more seasons left on his contract. 

If he refuses to play for the Packers and they decide to deal him they'll proably get two 1sts for him.

Not only would he cost a lot but he's also super mercurial and a drama queen. There's probably a 50/50 chance he'd randomly decide after being traded that he wants to host game shows full time. Or open up some dumbass new age shop where he sells healing crystals and homeopathic bull****.

Amazing QB, 1at ballot HoFer....but total flake and on the wrong side of 35. Doesn't mean he can't still play at a high level, but for how long? What if we signed him to a 4 year deal and he goes downhill fast after he hits 39 next year? At least with Brady Tampa didn't have any draft picks invested. If he flamed out worst case they're out some money.

Edited by mistertim

17 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Dan; you posting.

Dan can’t convince any player to come here. The only thing that would bring a player here; is if their #1 goal is getting the most money and we know Dan loves to overpay.

That's my prediction as well. He was mentioning how this might be his "Last Dance" similar to MJ in 98. If he wins another Super Bowl he might just be like F it, I'm going out on top.

There is absolutely no chance he leaves a world class operation like the Packers to join our s show of an organization. None. I have a better chance of banging Kate Upton tonight than Aaron Rodgers has of coming here.

Edited by Warhead36

Just want to say that if you guys think Rodgers will come here willingly I have some land to sell you that I don’t even own. 

I’m not even convinced he’s leaving the Packers. And if he does two firsts is lowballing what they’ll get. 

With Miami in the Watson sweeps don’t you think they’d throw their hat in for the QB who actually plays football right now for a slightly reduced price due to age? Not saying he’s go there either… but there’s competition and FLa has 0 he’d pay in taxes.

These guys aren’t coming here. Derek Carr is probably our Holy Grail. Tu’a if he’s available falls in that same tier, though a bit lower at the moment.

We need to draft someone. There’s no way around it. Mid tier FA, draft a guy and keep Heinicke around as the three. Or Allen. Whoever. Someone better than Gilbert.

• Thumb up 1

Not really getting the love for Baker Mayfield some have in this thread. The guy stinks. And not only does he stink he cant stay healthy on top of it. Hard pass from me. The draft is where we need to get our next QB from. We need a first round QB with a 5th year option as the icing on the cake. Whoever the team feels is that guy go get him. I am done with retreads here. They have done nothing except eat up our salary cap for mediocre play at best.