Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Would they franchise him again if not what would he get on the open market. 

I don’t believe they can, they’ve made the mistake of doing it twice already. No idea what his market will be given his many games missed and likely high guaranteed money expectations. Someone with a young QB will be in a position to overpay him though, and I think that’s fine as long as we keep investing in the OL at a reasonable level. 

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I would try to sign Trubisky,draft best available player in the 1st and then pick a QB in the 2nd that has talent, but needs to sit for a year or two..

I don’t think this regime can survive waiting on a prospect for a year or two. Trubisky will only get you so far before the boos start to reign down and fans start clamoring for a new QB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

I don’t think this regime can survive waiting on a prospect for a year or two. Trubisky will only get you so far before the boos start to reign down and fans start clamoring for a new QB. 

You think one of these rookie QB's this year is gonna come in and make this team better in 2022?

Just now, bh32 said:

You think one of these rookie QB's this year is gonna come in and make this team better in 2022?

I think there’s definitely QB’s who can take over part way through the season and show enough flashes to earn this regime the time to finish developing them. A 2nd round or later QB that needs to sit the whole year gets a whole new regime the year after who wants their own guy and never develops anyways. Has to be a high pedigree talented guy or it’s a waste imo. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think there’s definitely QB’s who can take over part way through the season and show enough flashes to earn this regime the time to finish developing them. A 2nd round or later QB that needs to sit the whole year gets a whole new regime the year after who wants their own guy and never develops anyways. Has to be a high pedigree talented guy or it’s a waste imo. 

Every single one of the QB's this year have question marks and the rumors of scouts not thinking they are worth 1st round picks possibly means that a few of them drop to the second round.

7 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Every single one of the QB's this year have question marks and the rumors of scouts not thinking they are worth 1st round picks possibly means that a few of them drop to the second round.

If they don’t have the ceiling and potential for earlier development to make them worth a 1st round pick then they aren’t worth drafting at all, given the situation we’re in imo. I feel pretty confident multiple teams will grade multiple of these guys as 1st round worthy. Will they be right? Not sure 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

If they Over Draft a QB then Ron won't last beyond two years anyways..They need to sign a decent FA QB and draft someone with a high ceiling ,but is raw and let him sit for a year..This team is lacking talent and they cannot afford to pass up excellent talent at another position of need for the next Daniel Jones..

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

If they can’t they gotta figure out a better option than Mitch Trubisky.

Trubisky is better than any QB on this roster right now..

My belief is that Ron-Mart (yes, I brought it back 😂) will have a hard set price they are willing to go to for the top 3-5 veteran QB'S that are made available/FA's. If those prices are not good enough then it will be all in on getting their QB in the draft. Good thing is that they shouldn't be lower than 11th/12th pick.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is noise. The OL does not fall apart without Scherff in recent years and his absence is not a leading reason we’ve lost. We just lose a ton of games regardless because we’re a bad team, and he misses a lot of games. A lot of time these things happen at the same time, it doesn’t mean there’s causation. It also so happens in recent years that when he’s missed stretches of games we’ve been missing a ton of other talent as well. Our injury luck has been horrible for years now. 

I'll take what you say as gospel.  So if your position is that the problem is that we suck and our injury luck is horrible, why would a successful quarterback like Rodgers or Wilson choose WFT over say NO, Pittsburgh, Denver, GB (if Rodgers gets out), Seattle (if Wilson gets out), Tampa Bay (if Brady retires), Carolina or SF?

19 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

I'll take what you say as gospel.  So if your position is that the problem is that we suck and our injury luck is horrible, why would a successful quarterback like Rodgers or Wilson choose WFT over say NO, Pittsburgh, Denver, GB (if Rodgers gets out), Seattle (if Wilson gets out), Tampa Bay (if Brady retires), Carolina or SF?

I don’t believe they would. That ship sailed when the defense didn’t come close to living up to its billing and we continued to get punked in prime time. Our shot at one of those guys kinda relied on this looking like a team that only needed a stud QB to win a SB because our defense was great and we fought our asses off every week. 

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

I’ll take question marks over trubisky. That dudes exclamation marks in all the wrong ways. I have friends who are bears fans. Hard pass. Never understood why people think these QBs who have sucked in the past will all of a sudden be worth the time of day to take a franchise anywhere except where they’ve been for a long time

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I think the best of both worlds is to sign Trubisky or Mariotta to a one year deal AND use the first rounder on their favorite QB available at their pick.

Trubisky sucks, Marriott is not bad but you can just keep TH and Allen and draft a QB. TH is signed through 2022 anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

31 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I think the best of both worlds is to sign Trubisky or Mariotta to a one year deal AND use the first rounder on their favorite QB available at their pick.

They have already showed some interest in both guys.

They will be looking and expecting more than 1 year deals. 

Sign one of them and grab a QB by the early 2nd round.

Or go hard after Watson

Edited by DWinzit

49 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I’ll take question marks over trubisky. That dudes exclamation marks in all the wrong ways. I have friends who are bears fans. Hard pass. Never understood why people think these QBs who have sucked in the past will all of a sudden be worth the time of day to take a franchise anywhere except where they’ve been for a long time

Maybe, because he is better than what we have now and would be perfect as a bridge for a drafted QB that needs to sit for a year..They can't just draft a QB in the first just because they need one..There will be QB's in this draft after the 1st round that have a high ceiling ,but just need to sit and learn for a year..The worst thing they could do is pass up better talent just to force a pick at QB because they need one.

31 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Maybe, because he is better than what we have now and would be perfect as a bridge for a drafted QB that needs to sit for a year..They can't just draft a QB in the first just because they need one..There will be QB's in this draft after the 1st round that have a high ceiling ,but just need to sit and learn for a year..The worst thing they could do is pass up better talent just to force a pick at QB because they need one.

So then what makes trubisky worth it? You want to use him as a stopgap while we groom a rookie, but we don’t need him for that.

Marrota, Trubisky, Garfalo, and Bridgewater sound like the level of player we are looking at. I think we got to go bigger. I don't think we can get Wilson, Watson, or Rodgers but I like to go for a Carr or Mayfield.  Those two are better then stopgap level player would make problem fo away for 3 or 4 years.

Edited by Redskins 2021