Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

28 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This is a good post. I actually cannot wait to just post highlights. Good things they did. All while praying and translating those highlights here to Kliff's system. So far we have been posting things they screw up to try to pump up our own evaluations. All of these guys do some things very well. And all have some flaws. I am just excited we are getting a new shiny face of the franchise in 3 days. That is going to need to be celebrated.

I would like to think most of us are sticking to takes more because of alarm sensors about potential bust rate than anyone. I know I am. Supposedly Caleb is at that Luck/Burrow/Lawrence level of certainty (and 2 of the 3 hit more or less at that level while the other was a disappointment rather than bust), but honestly, with all of them save Caleb, who I haven't paid as much attention too, the chances of landing a mega stud are 1 in 3 to 1 in 4 probably, the chances of an adequate starter ramp it up to like 2.5 out of 5.25 and like 3 out of 5 or something on that level, that isn't close to certainty. For me, its just, bust risk I see with some is around 15-25% (Maye) and with others it feels like 35-55% (Daniels, JJ, Penix)....

But how many here are positive they're guy is going to be a stud? I don't see much. Even with Warheads and Commando, I think the take is much more connected to confidence/conviction of the bust risk w/a Daniels versus the belief that Maye will be a star, hopefully I'm not getting their take wrong, but I certainly get that feeling. I'm not convince Maye is a star, I'm just a lot more worried Daniels either busts or is injury riddled or both, and that JJ is no more than a placeholder guy. That's why I'd rather go a different direction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I can’t help liking Maye, just watching him in that video where he was talking about the Top Golf event I could see that he has the kind of personality I’d get along with.

I think whoever we take out of those three guys we;re gonna end up liking, but just on the personality/leadership spectrum if I was being honest I’d say McCarthy or Maye. Not that anything’s wrong with Jayden’s personality, I just for some reason don’t get the sane vibe from him.

How did you miss the obvious— Passer Efficiency Net Index Statistic 😜

Yessir, Maye and even moreso Mccarthy are winning me over with the personality traits. It'd be so easy to root for either one

• Like 2

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/why-kliff-kingsbury-as-washington-commanders-offensive-coordinator-should-not-impact-draft-choice-2024-nfl-draft-drake-maye-jayden-daniels-trevor-sikkema-andy-staples/

Interesting article. I think that much of the reason so many coaches are in the J. Daniels camp is because of Kingsbury. He might be gone in 2 years! Sure, he might fit the scheme but Drake Maye does too.

It is just very difficult to understand the love for a guy that might not really want to play for us. 

Maye would love to play here. We need to swing for the fences in terms of highest ceiling!

I am accepting of all the possibilities. Even JJ whom I have liked as a prospect but more if we were picking a bit later. 

Like I have said before, don't over think it!

Like someone posted before, ĺet's pick the Michael Jordan of NFL qb's, and not Sam Bowie. Ralph Sampson will be already gone. 

• Like 1

Challenge:

Predict the top 5 picks (with trades) for bragging rights.

1. Bears take Caleb

2. Commanders take Daniels

3. Vikings trade with Patriots and take Maye

4. Arizona takes MHJ

5. Giants trade with Chargers and take McCarthy

EDIT-

Contest Scoring System-

You get 1 point for correctly picking the first pick.

5 points for correctly picking the Commanders pick (it has to be the most points we’re on a Commanders forum).

3 points each for correctly picking the 3rd, 4th, and 5th draft picks.

Bonus of 2 points for every correctly predicted trade. (You must be correct on both the teams that trade and the player selected).

1. Bears take Williams 

3. Patriots take Maye

4. Arizona trades with the Vikings who take McCarthy 

5. Chargers take Harrison.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

You bought the Beta didn't you?

Gotta go with Sony, brother!

They developed the technology, it's superior to vhs in every metric except recording length. How could you go wrong?

(Seriously, I was an early adopter. Bought a Sony Betamax at Circuit City the day they came out,  like back in '77 or something. Also had a laserdisc player, I think that was a Pabasonic, but not sure.)

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

McAfee comes right out and suggests there is a mock draft conspiracy that ESPN has Daniels going 2, and NFL.com has Maye going 2.

I'll take it one step further: McCarthy is the pick and the entire industry melts down which only benefits the league as a whole. More clicks, more attention, and more $$$

So the tin foil hat pick is JJ.

BTW this headline is clickbait, nowhere in the video does anyone suggest the Commanders are selling the #2 pick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, illone said:

McAfee comes right out and suggests there is a mock draft conspiracy that ESPN has Daniels going 2, and NFL.com has Maye going 2.

I'll take it one step further: McCarthy is the pick and the entire industry melts down which only benefits the league as a whole. More clicks, more attention, and more $$$

So the tin foil hat pick is JJ.

BTW this headline is clickbait, nowhere in the video does anyone suggest the Commanders are selling the #2 pick.

BTW this headline is clickbait,

So sad and so indicative of the times we live in.

It's gotten to the point where even legitimate websites are sensationalizing and downright lying just to get clicks.

• Like 2

Challenge:

1. Caleb

2. JJ - Wash

3. Daniels - NE

4. Maye - Vikings trade up

5. Alt - Bolts

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Variation of that for me.

When I was a kid i was in the Indian Guides, and we do some kid bows on some outings.  Also I liked when playing Indians-Cowboys picking the Indians.

But that didn't alone do it for me.  It was my dad moving to DC and getting hooked to the team.  But it was part of the soup.

McConaughey's story centers on the Indian theme, too

My cousin lived in Fredericksburg and grew up a Cowboys fan. I asked him why and he said so he could root against his Dad (my Uncle who was a big Redskins fan) whenever they played. He owns a bar (Mary's Outpost) now in Grand Prairie Texas. 

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

BTW this headline is clickbait,

So sad and so indicative of the times we live in.

It's gotten to the point where even legitimate websites are sensationalizing and downright lying just to get clicks.

Yea, i mean they dont really need to bait me. I'm hungry for content regardless lol.

They could just say "NFL DRAFT CONTENT" and I'd probably click on it

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Cousins is the gift that keeps on giving to franchises. :)

BTW, generally when teams are punished like that they forfeit the picks, not give them to the team that had the player (or coach) they tampered with. Minnesota won't get anything out of that.

Edited by Rufus T Firefly

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

BTW, when teams are punished like that they forfeit the picks, not give them to the team that had the player (or coach) they tampered with. Minnesota won't get anything out of that.

If it costs Atlanta their 1st rounder it would move Minny up to ten. Better position to move up from. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

If it costs Atlanta their 1st rounder it would move Minny up to ten. Better position to move up from. 

I mean, technically everyone else "benefits" because everyone's picks move up. But in recent years they haven't had teams give picks to other teams, which is what the tweet I quoted was implying. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Gotta go with Sony, brother!

They developed the technology, it's superior to vhs in every metric except recording length. How could you go wrong?

(Seriously, I was an early adopter. Bought a Sony Betamax at Circuit City the day they came out,  like back in '77 or something. Also had a laserdisc player, I think that was a Pabasonic, but not sure.)

We had one too, it drove my father crazy that VHS was more widely available, given its inferior quality!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Challenge:

1. Bears take Caleb

3. Vikings trade with Patriots and take Maye

4. Arizona takes MHJ

5. Giants trade with Chargers and take McCarthy

1. Bears take Caleb

3. Patriots take Maye

4. Vikings trade up and take McCarthy

5.  Chargers take Marvin Harrison Jr.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I can't imagine it'll be a first.  Isn't it usually like a 3rd or something?

I think it will be at least a 1st. Cousins is on record saying the tampering happened. 

4 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Weren't the Eagles supposed to be guilty of tampering as well?

Yes. They will get hit as well. But no one admitted to it like Cousins did. 

That twitter account is noted for its BS

47 minutes ago, bonhommelemec said:

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/why-kliff-kingsbury-as-washington-commanders-offensive-coordinator-should-not-impact-draft-choice-2024-nfl-draft-drake-maye-jayden-daniels-trevor-sikkema-andy-staples/

Interesting article. I think that much of the reason so many coaches are in the J. Daniels camp is because of Kingsbury. He might be gone in 2 years! Sure, he might fit the scheme but Drake Maye does too.

It is just very difficult to understand the love for a guy that might not really want to play for us. 

Maye would love to play here. We need to swing for the fences in terms of highest ceiling!

I am accepting of all the possibilities. Even JJ whom I have liked as a prospect but more if we were picking a bit later. 

Like I have said before, don't over think it!

Like someone posted before, ĺet's pick the Michael Jordan of NFL qb's, and not Sam Bowie. Ralph Sampson will be already gone. 

Like I said, if we're choosing our QB based on what Kliff freaking Kingsbury wants then I am OUT on this regime completely. 100%. 

• Like 2