Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If they are all on Tuesday they are going to make the compete and I suddenly like it.

I dunno. All confusing. They keep us guessing for sure don’t they

As to QBs according to Keim its Daniels on Tuesday.  He arrived yesterday so maybe they went to dinner with him but he didn't say that.

Maye and McCarthy both on Wednesday

• Thanks 1

Kind of crazy that we're 9 days out and have no idea who we are picking. I think it's kind of cool. In 2012 it was clear we were taking RG3. In 2020 it was clear we were taking Chase Young. Can't remember a time when we were picking so high and our pick was relatively unknown in the lead-up to the draft. 

The longer this goes on, the longer I think a trade-back is on the table. Of course, with 9 days left, we could start to get some real confirmation of our pick, especially if the Bears come out and say they're taking Caleb, which effectively and officially puts us on the clock. 

Sharp has been out to get Maye for months.  First guy to put Maye out of the top ten in a mock.  The list of people who are going to look bad if Maye excels is somewhat long:  Randy Mueller, Chris Simms, Berkert, Sharp among others.

While I do get why some could prefer Daniels.  I don't get all the hate Maye gets from some quarters.  Besides being a good player IMO, he also comes off like a super nice guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

The longer this goes on, the longer I think a trade-back is on the table. Of course, with 9 days left, we could start to get some real confirmation of our pick, especially if the Bears come out and say they're taking Caleb, which effectively and officially puts us on the clock. 

I know the trade back is what you've been on and off pining for -- for a long time.

But the impression i get is the opposite.  There is so much mixed takes from NFL insiders as to what happens at #2.  But the one point they almost all rally and converge on is that Washington is sticking at #2.  If you were a Patriots fan though this would be a dream period for you, a lot of smoke that they might trade back.

I don't get the vibe that Peters wants to dabble in the land of mediocrity-QB purgatroy with a trade back.  Feels very much like they are either torn between 2 QBs and want to dissect every detail or are in the lets make sure our preference is the right guy by diving into that player right to the end.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

When is Caleb in for his visit ?

I guess we will find out when the NFL schedule gets released, the Bears are playing in Washington this season - so guessing he will visit in the Fall?

• Haha 10
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Kind of crazy that we're 9 days out and have no idea who we are picking. I think it's kind of cool. In 2012 it was clear we were taking RG3. In 2020 it was clear we were taking Chase Young. Can't remember a time when we were picking so high and our pick was relatively unknown in the lead-up to the draft. 

I think a lot of that has to do with no clear option at #2. If there was, we would have known already.

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

I think a lot of that has to do with no clear option at #2. If there was, we would have known already.

This regime unlike for example Ron doesn't like to share with the world their internal thinking about personnel so I think if they at this point knew for sure who they were taking at #2, we likely still wouldn't know.

• Thumb up 1

Keim mentioned on his latest podcast that there’s a reason so many are coming in for their top 30 on the last night. He briefly mentioned that they will not be in meetings together, but they are planning some type of group outing. He’ll provide more information after it happens. 

Edited by Tay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know the trade back is what you've been on and off pining for -- for a long time.

But the impression i get is the opposite.  There is so much mixed takes from NFL insiders as to what happens at #2.  But the one point they almost all rally and converge on is that Washington is sticking at #2.  If you were a Patriots fan though this would be a dream period for you, a lot of smoke that they might trade back.

I don't get the vibe that Peters wants to dabble in the land of mediocrity-QB purgatroy with a trade back.  Feels very much like they are either torn between 2 QBs and want to dissect every detail or are in the lets make sure our preference is the right guy by diving into that player right to the end.

Once Howell was traded early that kind of changed the scope of things for a trade down unless it's a very small one at most.

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We botched this by wasting time with guys like Penix and Mccarthy. 

Tuesday Daniels. Wednesday Maye. Simple.

Im already losing faith in this regime. Twice they’ve suffered from decision paralysis.

Or they just see and do things differently than a bunch of flunkies on a message board.

This is not meant solely for your post, but just in general.  We finally get what most of us ever wanted: Dan gone and a clean slate with a new owner, with a bonafide GM in charge, and 3 months into the tenure folks are making sweeping generalizations and hardline opinions on stuff they only know bits and pieces about.  Perhaps we give it a year or two before we start worrying these guys are dopes.  🤣

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 7
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We botched this by wasting time with guys like Penix and Mccarthy. 

Tuesday Daniels. Wednesday Maye. Simple.

Im already losing faith in this regime. Twice they’ve suffered from decision paralysis.

You're losing faith in a regime because they are talking to multiple prospects, during lying season before they actually draft a prospect...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Conn said:

I understand the release is quick and the mechanics are tight and the footwork is square and the stroke is repeatable…but I just don’t like the ball coming out of Daniels’ hand. Every throw looks like he’s trying to feather in a touch pass over the top without ideal velocity. I’m probably not explaining it well but it’s not just an “arm strength” thing. It doesn’t matter whether I watch cut-ups, highlights, analyst breakdowns…I have a hard time doing what I’m trying to do, which is fall in love with Daniels at least a fraction of the amount I have with Maye—because I want to be happy/satisfied/hopeful either way. And intellectually, I’ve mostly gotten there. I nod along on paper with why I should be excited about Daniels if he’s the pick (while still allowing for the flaws I’m worried about to keep me grounded on it). But I just can’t get away from the fact that I don’t experience joy watching Daniels throw the ball. I just don’t.  

I'm convinced drafting Daniels over Maye is a mistake, and I don't have any interest in rationalizing or normalizing a mistake.  I can't cope with a loss of faith in the team by trying to trick myself.  I'm just going to have to take a step back if/when we do it, and accept that my expectations got too high.  This team is not worth high blood pressure.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Group outings…lol what are they gonna go bowling? Meanwhile the Chiefs spent an entire day with Mahomes…

This regime has no clue what it wants this late in the process and that is absolutely concerning.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Group outings…lol what are they gonna go bowling? Meanwhile the Chiefs spent an entire day with Mahomes…

This regime has no cl7ue what it wants this late in the process and that is absolutely concerning.

Step away from the ledge my guy. Take a deep breath. It's OK it doesn't go as you want to be but no need to be concerned. You can't believe that we the only the team in history that has ever done that

Adam Peters is actually 3 dudes, so he can meet with all of them at once separately.

There's Adam, then there's Peter, then other Peter (that's why his supposed last name is PeterS).

Briefly back to actual QB analysis, I'm surprised someone hasn't created like, a Vitruvian Man chart for ball placement for QBs (and WRs for catch radius).  Would be an interesting heatmap to look at.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This regime has no clue what it wants this late in the process and that is absolutely concerning.

Forget bowling. I propose that they take the guys out Cow Tipping as a test. They might even get some real 40 times in the process.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I'm convinced drafting Daniels over Maye is a mistake, and I don't have any interest in rationalizing or normalizing a mistake.  I can't cope with a loss of faith in the team by trying to trick myself.  I'm just going to have to take a step back if/when we do it, and accept that my expectations got too high.  This team is not worth high blood pressure.

This is where I am landing, too. I’m not sure it’s a mistake yet - I see the value. But there are major concerns there as far as frame and I’m curious what he can do against NFL defenses with lesser weapons, too. I don’t know, something feels a bit off with him to me. I think he takes a specific circumstance that I’m not sure this program is ready for.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I think the late 30 visits are being done for a reason and if so I like the fact they are blowing smoke.....but they already know who they are taking.

There is literally no reason for them to blow smoke. They can take whomever they want after Caleb. Everyone knows we arent trading down. 

• Like 1