Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m just going to start talking as if Drake Maye is already on our team.

Pretty sure starting a thread like someone did back in the day welcoming Chase young, will get ya banned lol 

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Pretty sure starting a thread like someone did back in the day welcoming Chase young, will get ya banned lol 

I’m going to stop talking as if Drake Maye is already on our team.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 9

On 1/12/2024 at 3:40 PM, illone said:

Sam is a pro and will handle backup duty like a pro if thats how it shakes out.  Whats he gonna do, hold out and demand a trade?

They will order him a 6 piece mcnugget happy meal with extra fries and he will calm down. They might even let him have a sprite instead of the apple juice box. Problem solved. 

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Both winning QB's today had under 30 attempts passing. Howell might be good, he might be bad, but what we were doing wasn't a recipe for success.

I agree, he was asked to do way too much and couldn't have been put in a much worse position. Give him a good OC with a good O-line and then let's judge him more accurately.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

They will order him a 6 piece mcnugget happy meal with extra fries and he will calm down. They might even let him have a sprite instead of the apple juice box. Problem solved. 

giphy.gif

20 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m going to stop talking as if Drake Maye is already on our team.

Nah - you can talk that way all you want. Save any welcome threads for when it actually happens though …

12 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Both winning QB's today had under 30 attempts passing. Howell might be good, he might be bad, but what we were doing wasn't a recipe for success.

Not with a QB in his first year starting behind an iffy O’line it wasn’t. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

13 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree, he was asked to do way too much and couldn't have been put in a much worse position. Give him a good OC with a good O-line and then let's judge him more accurately.

How anybody thinks EB should be in contention for a head coaching job is laughable to me.  We should have sent him packing w/ Ron.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, allannis said:

Drake Maye has long legs much like

RG3 and we know how that turned out 

He has no history of injury.

If anyone is an injury risk because of both body type and style of play, its Daniels.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

He has no history of injury.

If anyone is an injury risk because of both body type and style of play, its Daniels.

Did RG3 have any history of injury coming out of collage? I’m 

On 1/14/2024 at 8:59 AM, El Mexican said:

You're missing nothing. Except for the fact that maybe the new FO wants to go ahead and start from a clean slate.

I think both things can be true at the same time. 

this team definitely needs a clean slate, and you’re already seeing that with key additions in the front office and key departures in coaching. 

As for the roster, it’s not like you can start over with a brand new 53. Im sure next years roster will look very different but plenty of guys will still be here. Terry and Daron come to mind. Im sure there will be others. 

wont shock me if howell is gone and they bring in another brissett type mid level backup, but howell’s cost cant be ignored. 

😎

1 hour ago, allannis said:

Drake Maye has long legs much like

RG3 and we know how that turned out 

very different playing styles, though. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 8:15 AM, El Mexican said:

I really hope someone does.

If we take a new QB that's gonna get ugly.

I mean, yet another QB controversy in how many years?

Do you know what a controversy is?

Because this is showing a strange misunderstanding of the word.

On 1/14/2024 at 10:01 AM, Warhead36 said:

My hope is EB gets an OC job with a team like Pittsburgh and they offer a 4th or 5th for Howell

Huh?

Maybe it's me  who no longer understands English.

The Steelers currently have 3 mediocre QBs. Why do they want 4?

• Haha 1

haha i am like going back and forth every day.. a major flip-flopper....

I am not convinced that these guys are "can't miss" candidates...  dude if we get a major haul of picks for someone to move up... I still like trading out of the pick...

If Justin Fields can be brought in for a decent price... I am still fascinated with Fields.  I think Fields and/or his OC wanted him to be a pocket passer which clearly he is not.  Field needs to run the offense that Ravens run and be very successful if he continue to improve.  It is important for Fields to accept this reality and I think he has...

Man just so many ways this can go....

I will say.. if you like Jayden Daniels... Fields is a great alternative.. granted you have to pay him QB money soon but if you can get him for a 2nd rounder.  Not bad of an option.

Quarterbacks are like scratch tickets, you get all excited before you scratch it despite knowing the odds are against you, then after it's scratched (aka year one is over) you know whether you have a winner or loser already but you keep looking at it just in case you missed something. 

Howell is a scratched ticket.

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Do you know what a controversy is?

Because this is showing a strange misunderstanding of the word.

Do you YOU know what is means, brah?

Because if we draft a new shiny QB and keep Sam we're looking at one when the new QB goes through the usual growing pains of the NFL.

He's under contract, yes. But that doesn't mean it's the best environment for the team or for himself to develop.

3 hours ago, sjinhan said:

I am not convinced that these guys are "can't miss" candidates...  dude if we get a major haul of picks for someone to move up... I still like trading out of the pick...

If Justin Fields can be brought in for a decent price... I am still fascinated with Fields.  I think Fields and/or his OC wanted him to be a pocket passer which clearly he is not.  Field needs to run the offense that Ravens run and be very successful if he continue to improve.  It is important for Fields to accept this reality and I think he has...

I will say.. if you like Jayden Daniels... Fields is a great alternative.. granted you have to pay him QB money soon but if you can get him for a 2nd rounder.  Not bad of an option.

Fields stinks. Let it go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sjinhan said:

I'm not upset with your idea. Trade the Bears a 2nd round pick for Fields and take the haul of picks that someone will offer for #2 pick. We now have two young QB prospects in Fields and Howell that we can move on from if we want to with multiple 1st round picks in 2025 due to trading back this year. With our 1st round pick we can go top offensive lineman or one of the best WR's. 

Add it all up and here's what you have: Fields/Howell at QB, 2024 1st, two 2024 2nds (one acquired in the trade of the #2 overall pick), two 2024 thirds, two 2025 1sts. 

With the draft picks and cap space we can rebuild the o-line and defense to an extent. In 2025 we either pay Fields or move on from him and go QB in 2025. 

This scenario will depend on what the new GM and coach think of Fields vs Maye, Daniels or one of the others. We know Fields will be 25 in March and has progressed but we don't know his ceiling. He totally smoked us and has shown that he can get the ball to a stud WR as he's done with DJ Moore. 

The other option would be to trade for Fields and sit tight at #2 to take MHJ....that's also a very intruiging option. 

Fields, Harrison, Terry, Dotson is a nice group with a new head coach and OC.....Is it better than Maye, Terry, Dotson and whoever we get in free agency? 

Time is yours.