Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

11 hours ago, mistertim said:

So a 5th round rookie who isn't ready to start early in his first year of the NFL is a bad QB?

And I also think it would have been unusual for a coach to move to a rookie 5th round QB while the team was still technically in the playoff picture, especially for a pretty conservative coach like Ron.

To be honest, this all still does sort of sound like sour grapes about Heinicke. I know you say you don't really care about him that much, but I remember you being a pretty vociferous defender of his for some time.

Agree with all but the last paragraph. I'm vociferous about whoever starts. I was for Heinicke in the beginning but we didn't really have any other options at the time. I liked his story, but that kind of got old, so I went to Heinicke rehab until Wentz came along. No sour grapes here that I promise. 

I will root for Howell when he steps on the field. With the hopes that he becomes our next Tom Brady! The only guy I didn't care for has a thread on here somewhere....he was a selfish asshole personality wise. He may have had his reasons.....but thats another dead horse.

Edited by tmandoug1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

A win today could really **** the cowboys season up, too. 

Our defense can definitely hang with their offense. Daks been a TO machine. 

I expect very little and won't hold the game against Howell today, but I'm really excited to see him throwing to Terry and the crew.

This defense though isn’t the usual. 

No St. Juste probably no Curl, no Allen, no Jamin Davis and am guessing others will be out too 

• Like 1

Damn this is depressing. Last game, meaningless. Only reason to watch is Howell and hes not going to get a fair shake due to injuries and the coaches just playing out the season. Expecting a blow out and lots of running plays and punts in the second half. Bags are already packed for vacation, too many starters out. Going to be predominantly Cowboy fans in attendance. Hats off to the Washington fans in attendance today. Would love to be wrong.

Everyone associated with this organization makes money, lots of money, from the owners to the front office, coaches, players, hot dog vendors. The only ones not treated fairly have been the fans. Sub par product for over 20 years, everyone else walks away in better shape than they entered. Fans left holding an empty bag of promises, embarrassment for a franchise as always.

Just me venting and rambling. Is 10:43 a.m. too early to start drinking?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Three people I'd like to see gone the most for the teams sake are wentz, heinie, and turner.

Next priority is to get  RR away from HC duties---under the reality that Dan's got to go and a new GM needs to be put in place by new ownership as the first movie for them.

If RR is someone the new FO would want around in some "team culture management role", even just transitionally, I'm ok with that.

Wentz is obviously gone, so I wont mention him and Rivera is more than likely locked in due to the ownership turmoil so I won't mention him either so that leaves Turner and Del Rio as the two I want gone.  I would say Mayhew as well but I'll give him a pass bc I assume it's Rivera making the player management calls. I think we can all agree Turner just sucks at his job and Del Rio has a ton of talent to work with but apparently can't get them to comprehend his defense after 3 years unless Kam Curl is on the field. 

If we luck out and Rivera is fired, there is no way I keep him in the organization.  The last thing a new (hopefully young) coach needs is the former coach hanging around looking over his shoulder. Heinicke can be a winner in this league given competent coaching and I would bet he will show it next year with another team.  Look at Daniel Jones, a turnover machine bust less than a year ago but given quality coaching that plays to his strengths and he's a different player.

Edited by mojo
  • Haha 3

What is all the “one hitch” or “two hitch” junk with Turners offense? Sounds ridiculous. 

If he’s having trouble matching his footwork then put him in the gun and throw slants all day. Jesus.

They interviewed Doug Pederson last night. They asked how he was successful with Wentz/Foles/Lawrence. His response was (paraphrasing) “I take time to get to know each of them and what makes them tick. And I find out what they’re good at and what they like to do and then I re-design my entire offense around that.”

What a novel concept. I bet there’s no “one hitch” “two hitch” trash is the Jags playbook. 😆

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 8
  • Thumb up 2

If the Bears get the first overall pick, I bet they are more than willing to move back for a haul. Question is: is Washington a team that would give up enough to do it for Bryce Young?

My instinct is to say it depends on the ownership situation but I’m not sure it does. They’d either do it or not. 

Wouldn’t be cheap to do it and they’d probably have to part with players, too. 

Next two years of firsts, a second and Sweat and/or Payne if we sign him back? 

EDIT: not sure if I’d do it or not at this point. This is just convo.

Edited by KDawg

If we lose today, our draft position will be in 11-15.  It would be cost prohibitive to jump to No.1.  I would aim for a pick between #3 to #6 to select either Stroud or Levis.  We still have to give up multiple high picks (Likely three No.1 picks).

54 minutes ago, profusion said:

You just know what's going to happen. Howell's going to throw out a bunch of big numbers today because no one's got film on him. And the overreaction will commence...

Don't really see a downside to that at all. I’m fine with inadvertently tanking next season to end the RivERA, so if Howell fakes him into not wasting resources on other QBs that’s a win. If Howell is for real it’s a win. If Howell is just okay and we’re average again, that’s where we would likely top out with whatever placeholder vet we could draw, so again, hard to consider that a loss. I’m fine with it regardless. Offseason gets a lot messier if Howell looks irredeemably bad today. Gets a lot more fun if he looks great. Doesn’t change much if he looks meh. 

I watched his preseason highlights on YouTube, so I'm an expert now. He makes quick, accurate throws, he's tough to bring down and can throw long if he wants to. If he plays like he did in preseason (I know, its preseason, I'm just saying) we could've played him over Wentz and won. Hell, he probably could've won over TH. I'm not asking a lot from Howell today, just be a serviceable QB and don't throw any Wentz Wormballs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, profusion said:

You just know what's going to happen. Howell's going to throw out a bunch of big numbers today because no one's got film on him. And the overreaction will commence...

Actually I don’t know at all that is going to happen.  What’s much more likely is he plays bad and the overreaction will commence.

I can’t quite think of a less ideal scenario to get a first start.

3 hours ago, mojo said:

Heinicke can be a winner in this league given competent coaching and I would bet he will show it next year with another team.  Look at Daniel Jones, a turnover machine bust less than a year ago but given quality coaching that plays to his strengths and he's a different player.

I doubt the general playbook for Heinicke would change much, regardless of where he goes or who is coaching him. Due to his limitations you have to be able to run the ball well and play good defense. A new coach isn't going to suddenly magic away those build-in limitations. Coaches have all watched his film and they'll all know this by now. That's why there's almost zero chance he'll be brought in by another team as a starter. He's a backup, wherever he goes.

And Jones is still a completely mediocre QB. He's not some crazy different player now. He runs more and they give him easier passes to make.

1 hour ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Heinicke helping Howell on Dagobah.

Heinicke is not Yoda, he's Kit Fisto.

• Like 2