Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, mojo said:

Last 4 games, Heinicke 7 TDs 2 interceptions 100 QB w/ arguably the worst O line and play calling in the league. 

Add 5 fumbles and 71 total points in those four games to your stat line. The offense was horrid under his leadership. I dont really know what else to say. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

All of these comments about how bad TH is / was or Wentz is…..makes me wonder how epically bad Howell must be???  Kinda had my hopes up for him.  

I wasnt as big on Howell as a lot of the rest of the people in the draft thread were last year. But He is far more talented than TH. And definitely more hungry than CW as well. 

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Add 5 fumbles and 71 total points in those four games to your stat line. The offense was horrid under his leadership. I dont really know what else to say. 

He had the offense looking like the greatest show on turf compared to yesterday 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Buffalo drafted Josh Allen who was raw as hell and they suffered for a year under his play.

And then it clicked. 

If you draft a raw player like Richardson, it’s my opinion that he needs to play and take his lumps. 

A more polished player that needs refinement can sit and get those small details worked in.

Now, playing doesn’t necessarily mean every single snap. Packages like SF with Lance works to get that guy some experience. 

There’s no guarantee any QB works. Or doesn’t. But you have to see them to know.

Drafting a raw QB and throwing him in the fire has had mixed results, as to be expected. 

It worked for Josh Allen, and others too.

It didn't work for Haskins, and others too.  

The reason I'm against it: I don't trust that it will work out with this organization.  Am I being overly pessimistic because we were just recently snake bitten with our last 1st round raw QB?  Possibly.  We have a lame duck OC who will probably be given another year, then fired, so our rookie will be learning his 2nd system in 2 years.  In year 2 when we will be hoping for growth, there will be growing pains with a new system.  We still have a cloud of negativity over this team, even with the news that Snyder may sell.  Our fan base doesn't have the patience for a project, and the boos will rain down early and often.  I just don't feel we could pull it off.  

And with the high probability of a coaching change in 2024 I'd rather not invest significant assets into a QB and let the new regime get their guy.

Edited by KillBill26

2 minutes ago, mojo said:

He had the offense looking like the greatest show on turf compared to yesterday 

While I agree with this take he earned his benching. And there was no way to know Wentz would suck as bad as he did yesterday. I mean we saw him throw 4 TD's in a game this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

I don’t know if this should be posted here but I’m super curious about something, for the lot of you who were not big fans of Kirk, and wanted to release him/not pay him/not sign him, do you wish we still had him? Would he be leading us to the playoffs yearly?

You might catch some flak from the mods posting about him in this thread. Just saying. 

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Anyone watch Burrow on that first drive.....we need that!

Hell I would take Sean Clifford over what we saw yesterday. :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Anyone watch Burrow on that first drive.....we need that!

****ing impressive

6 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

I don’t know if this should be posted here but I’m super curious about something, for the lot of you who were not big fans of Kirk, and wanted to release him/not pay him/not sign him, do you wish we still had him? Would he be leading us to the playoffs yearly?

you know i can obtain your location and arrange a midnight visit by major tuddy, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

****ing impressive

you know i can obtain your location and arrange a midnight visit by major tuddy, right?

Aka Dan Snyder...   from a different thread for those I just confused.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Me too. But in the draft. Not retread FA's or trades who have known issues. Drafting three QB's since RG3 and Cousins is completely unacceptable. 

Edited my post to add trades. Which is worse IMO. Those 2 3rds for Wentz could each be used on rookie QB's who would give you just as much production at a fraction of the cap space. 

I definitely lean the draft, but depends on the QB, depends on the draft.  First domino I am intrigued by as to the draft is the Senior Bowl. 

I am also open to FA, open to a trade. It depends on who it’s for and for how much. 

We aren’t that far off to see how the trade market and FA might look. I might hate every scenario. Or I might like something.  

I know it sounds vague but I’ll be much more specific as soon as I know how the market looks 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

The reason I'm against it: I don't trust that it will work out with this organization.  Am I being overly pessimistic because we were just recently snake bitten with our last 1st round raw QB?  Possibly.  We have a lame duck OC who will probably be given another year, then fired, so our rookie will be learning his 2nd system in 2 years.  In year 2 when we will be hoping for growth, there will be growing pains with a new system.  We still have a cloud of negativity over this team, even with the news that Snyder may sell.  Our fan base doesn't have the patience for a project, and the boos will rain down early and often.  I just don't feel we could pull it off.  

And with the high probability of a coaching change in 2024 I'd rather not invest significant assets into a QB and let the new regime get their guy.

Make no mistake, I am in agreement. I don't care to see it happen if Snyder is still the owner. But, they have a franchise to run and they are going to give themselves the best chance to win. I'd hope that the League steps in and vetoes big trades, but there is a chance that Richardson is sitting there around our pick. If so, they may pull the trigger on a trade up or sit tight and draft him.

I think it's a bad move.

I think Richardson has a bigger safety net than Haskins (his mobility) but ultimately it's the same situation as far as lame duck goes. You are set up for failure from day one.

The answer almost has to be Sam Howell or some cheap vet like Baker Mayfield for a season. And then when ownership changes (if it changes) you go get your guy.

But I think if this team is in position for Richardson they are going to pull the trigger. And if they do that, he has to play.

Scary thought.

• Like 2

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Watching Buttow and Allen is night and day over what we saw yesterday. Both are confident and have complete understanding of their offenses. The play calling also flows...as KDawg pointed out yesterday. 

If the bengals have buttow, can we trade for burrow???

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, KDawg said:

Make no mistake, I am in agreement. I don't care to see it happen if Snyder is still the owner. But, they have a franchise to run and they are going to give themselves the best chance to win. I'd hope that the League steps in and vetoes big trades, but there is a chance that Richardson is sitting there around our pick. If so, they may pull the trigger on a trade up or sit tight and draft him.

I think it's a bad move.

I think Richardson has a bigger safety net than Haskins (his mobility) but ultimately it's the same situation as far as lame duck goes. You are set up for failure from day one.

The answer almost has to be Sam Howell or some cheap vet like Baker Mayfield for a season. And then when ownership changes (if it changes) you go get your guy.

But I think if this team is in position for Richardson they are going to pull the trigger. And if they do that, he has to play.

Scary thought.

Too early to get any hints from Keim so it’s blind guessing.

But I bet you it’s Jimmy G or Carr as opposed to Richardson 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise

42 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Watching Buttow and Allen is night and day over what we saw yesterday. Both are confident and have complete understanding of their offenses. The play calling also flows...as KDawg pointed out yesterday. 

Even worse, Purdy and Stidham (nobody ever wanted them) made Wentz vs Watson (Expected to be MVP candidates) look like total scrubs.

23 will be a stopgap guy. Ron’s getting a veteran. He’s not putting his job on the line with Sam or a rookie.

In a normal situation, Ron would be fired next Monday.

Maybe Ron sees the writing on the wall, knowing he’s not long for the team. Instead of coming back and then getting     fired either during the 23 season or after the 23 season; he retires next Monday.

14 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

23 will be a stopgap guy. Ron’s getting a veteran. He’s not putting his job on the line with Sam or a rookie.

In a normal situation, Ron would be fired next Monday.

Maybe Ron sees the writing on the wall, knowing he’s not long for the team. Instead of coming back and then getting     fired either during the 23 season or after the 23 season; he retires next Monday.

He would not do that. He would lose out on the year 4 and 5 money owed to him

TH, Howell or Santa Claus aside as the backup QB yesterday, how could any reasonable football coach keep Wentz in the game after seeing the throws he was making in the 1st qtr? 

It screams of desperation and hope but also no plan on what to do if Wentz came out and laid an egg. I'm embarrassed for this organization and mostly for RR but this is all a product of the dysfunction in the front office. Ron is here to keep some sense of respectability to the organization but then he comes out and says he didn't know we'd be eliminated with a loss after allowing Wentz to play the entire game yesterday? What the hell is that? 

Just when we always think we've hit rock bottom the bottom sinks even lower and we go with it. We cannot allow RR to keep coaching this team after the way this team has played in December and choked up these games at home to inferior teams. Hopefully the new ownership gets here sooner than later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Sam Howell comes out after his junior year, he is a 1st round pick, no question. The only reason he did not play this year was the ridiculous contract we gave Wentz. It got us nowhere except broker and less draft picks. Washington has a better season this year with TH and Howell minus Wentz. For once, let's build a team around a QB instead of jumping on the QB carousel again and compromising draft picks and cap money. I know our coaching staff is not the same but San Fran is a perfect example. The last player taken in the draft is beating the heck out of people, see our score. Why?  They have built a team that the last player in the draft can succeed in. With Purdy, San Fran will be a tough out. I would like to see if we can win with a 2nd year Sam Howell and a better OL, better TE, and better linebackers.