Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

The Raiders have a pretty truncated window within which to actually trade Carr before his contract ****s up their cap. I think in the end it’s highly possibly they cut him, and he hits FA and gets paid. 

Edited by Conn

Good thing that Rivera essentially ended any prospect of bringing back Wentz next year.  But I can't fathom how they watched him all week and thought that was going to provide a spark.  Chris Russell said that the portions of the practices last week that were open to the media, Wentz looked horrible and was inaccurate.  Totally inexcusable to play him.

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

The Raiders have a pretty truncated window to actually trade Carr before his contract ****s up their cap. I think in the end it’s highly possibly they cut him, and he hits FA and gets paid. 

I haven’t seen any incentive for Carr to waive his NTC.  If I’m him, I take a nice vacation at the end of the league year and turn my phone off.

Though, as is the theme for many offseason fronts, I can’t see why Carr would come here knowing he’d play for Turner one year, then another coach for 24.  I believe that would be 4 different offenses for him in 4 years.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn’t see it that way. Felt to me the reverse. He was asked about the coach centric model and he said the most frustrating thing is the Qb search. I took him saying that’s on him since coach centric means him. Didn’t hear him blame anyone else 

Youre undying defense of Ron often in long diatribes is one of the most ridiculous bits on the board.

• Thumb down 4

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Youre undying defense of Ron often in long diatribes is one of the most ridiculous bits on the board.

I'm sure SIP can speak for himself, but he is not a Rivera sycophant at all.  He's always fair in his posts, and I think he was essentially saying that Rivera was admitting that he's gotten the QB search wrong for 3 years now...or else he wouldn't have said that they are yet again searching for a QB1 in year 4.  

There are other posters on here who had an undying loyalty to Carson freakin' Wentz in 2022...which was weird.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

10 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Isn’t this assuming Carr wants to come here? I heard he had a no trade clause.

Sure does.

I do think Dan needs to be out or clearly headed out for him to consider.

I’ve talked about this before but Jay is down on other QB options for this team when Standig posed various scenarios including his old QB Andy Dalton but he is very high on Carr.

I know a few here likely think any of us or name that random Raider fan gets what Carr can do over Jay and his brother who coached him but I’ve enjoyed listening to Jay dissect this offense all season long and if he likes the fit and he seems to love the fit, it adds to the pile for me about liking Carr as an option.

But agree he might not want to come

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

They are going to sign Jimmy G. and re-sign Taylor to be the backup.  Jimmy breaks his foot in week 6, and Taylor comes in to win 4 or 5 games in a row again, and then start losing just in time for Jimmy G. to be healthy.  QB controversy all over again.  It's the Washington way.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I’m just a guy reading the posts of another guy on a site filled with dumb posts by a variety of dumb guys. 

But I think the problem here is your reading comprehension. I don’t get this take on SIP’s posts at all 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

19 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Gotta keep drafting them. Giving these guys 28 million plus giving up picks is so stupid. Nobody just moves on from great QBs. The draft is the answer.

This. If this team gives up a ton of more picks for Carr, I'm fully out. You just can't keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over. It's not that Carr is inherently a terrible QB. But he'll be 32 next year, he's past his prime and in his prime Oakland/Vegas seemed to continuously not be satisfied with him. There's a reason you shouldn't be giving up picks AND paying QBs $25+ million a year for a QB if they're not elite. It's a double whammy on the franchise to lose picks and huge chunks of caps space for, at best, mediocre play. You might be able to overcome one of those, but not both.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sure does.

I do think Dan needs to be out or clearly headed out for him to consider.

I’ve talked about this before but Jay is down on other QB options for this team when Standig posed various scenarios including his old QB Andy Dalton but he is very high on Carr.

I know a few here likely thinks any of us or name that random Raider fan gets what Carr can do over Jay and his brother who coached him but I’ve enjoyed listening to Jay dissect this offense all season long and if he likes the fit and he seems to love the fit, it adds to the pile for me about liking Carr as an option.

But agree he might not want to come

I mentioned this above, but if the sale timeline isn’t moved up, and we have a lame duck coach for ‘23, that would be four different offenses in four years for Carr.  The Jets would seem like a better option.

6 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Good thing that Rivera essentially ended any prospect of bringing back Wentz next year.  But I can't fathom how they watched him all week and thought that was going to provide a spark.  Chris Russell said that the portions of the practices last week that were open to the media, Wentz looked horrible and was inaccurate.  Totally inexcusable to play him.

Wow! That is unacceptable because you have to evaluate constantly. And let's face it, Carson had what most of us perceived as a solid season in Indy until that last game, with another win or go home scenario against a losing team. Maybe it is asking too much for a coach to be aware, but he already had "choke" in his repertoire. And so coming into a game with the exact same implications, therefore it should have been a very tight leash.  BUT then I am listening to Rivera admitting he gaffed on the significance of the loss. He really thought he had next week.

Free agent quarterbacks I think could work out:
-Tannehill

-Minshew

-Brady

Free agent quarterbacks I'm leery about:

-Carr

-Garoppolo 

-Mayfield

Free agent quarterbacks I do not want unless it's to be a backup:

-Darnold

-Bridgewater

-Brissett

-Smith

And I hope they steer very clear of Anthony Richardson.  I don't think they can draft a quarterback this year because all of the ones worth drafting are going to be gone.  

2 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Wow! That is unacceptable because you have to evaluate constantly. And let's face it, Carson had what most of us perceived as a solid season in Indy until that last game, with another win or go home scenario against a losing team. Maybe it is asking too much for a coach to be aware, but he already had "choke" in his repertoire. And so coming into a game with the exact same implications, therefore it should have been a very tight leash.  BUT then I am listening to Rivera admitting he gaffed on the significance of the loss. He really thought he had next week.

But he didn't have Brian Robinson!  The defense wasn't playing as well as it was!  Arm strength!  Tall!  Red hair!

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Free agent quarterbacks I think could work out:
-Tannehill

-Minshew

-Brady

Free agent quarterbacks I'm leery about:

-Carr

-Garoppolo 

-Mayfield

Free agent quarterbacks I do not want unless it's to be a backup:

-Darnold

-Bridgewater

-Brissett

-Smith

And I hope they steer very clear of Anthony Richardson.  I don't think they can draft a quarterback this year because all of the ones worth drafting are going to be gone.  

You can probably get Tannehill. Tennessee is probably rebuilding. I think relatively cheap 

Edited by Redskins 2021