Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Wow! That is unacceptable because you have to evaluate constantly. And let's face it, Carson had what most of us perceived as a solid season in Indy until that last game, with another win or go home scenario against a losing team. Maybe it is asking too much for a coach to be aware, but he already had "choke" in his repertoire. And so coming into a game with the exact same implications, therefore it should have been a very tight leash.  BUT then I am listening to Rivera admitting he gaffed on the significance of the loss. He really thought he had next week.

Which is even more dumb, Rivera thought he was going to beat Dallas with Wentz? Fire him!

Everyone is super pissed, even the causal fan. I wouldn't be surprised if "big arm" is trending on twitter.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I'm sure SIP can speak for himself, but he is not a Rivera sycophant at all.  He's always fair in his posts, and I think he was essentially saying that Rivera was admitting that he's gotten the QB search wrong for 3 years now...or else he wouldn't have said that they are yet again searching for a QB1 in year 4.  

There are other posters on here who had an undying loyalty to Carson freakin' Wentz in 2022...which was weird.  

Thanks.

That dude switchs from Rivera sucks beyond sucks after a loss to he’s mediocre and even sometimes a little above average when he’s feeling generous after a win. He consistently doesn’t like Ron but the version of it constantly changes. Just basically venting  about the same stuff on and on and on.

My take on Ron is he’s a decent coach not a great coach. The best coach that Dan can land. We could do better if we had a better owner.  I’ve praised Ron and I’ve criticized him. More I’ve liked than not liked.  But I am not an emotional basket case after a loss.  So if that makes me an apologist Ok😀.

I am not an everything is good or everything is bad after a win or loss.  As to Ron I said many times I don’t give a rats behind what happens to him if we get a new owner and if anything I prefer a new owner to wipe the slate clean. 

Ron and his future mean very little to me and I’ve said that a zillion times on different threads. But I don’t see him as some wild disaster even after this loss. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Free agent quarterbacks I think could work out:
-Tannehill

-Minshew

-Brady

Please no. My friends know how much I hate Tom Brady, I couldn't support the Redskins (whatever they are called) with him at QB. Minshew is ****, and Tannehill is probably past it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

Free agent quarterbacks I think could work out:
-Tannehill Alex Smith redux

-Minshew  No Eagle QBs

-Brady Going to retire for real or stay with Tampa

Free agent quarterbacks I'm leery about:

-Carr Cost/His desire to come here

-Garoppolo  Depends what they do with Lance but very likely SF’s QB in ‘23

-Mayfield - This has a chance. Not that I’m advocating for it’s but a guy who is trying to catch on and bad at least some potential is about the kind of guy that this franchise, in its current state, can manage to swing. 

Free agent quarterbacks I do not want unless it's to be a backup:

-Darnold - Don’t want him either but this is another Mayfield situation and a possibility. 

-Bridgewater - Agree

-Brissett - Agree

-Smith - Who?

Anthony Richardson.  I’d be prepared for this if he is on the board once we’re within 3-4 picks. 

• Thumb up 1

On 12/30/2022 at 10:19 PM, Conn said:

This isn’t really a fair representation of what happened. While Carr is clearly having a down season (under one of the worst HC’s in modern memory who somehow got a second shot—and was predictably still horrible), he was only “benched” because they don’t want to be stuck with his huge contract if he gets hurt and they know they want to trade/cut him. If they were keeping him or couldn’t cut him anyways he wouldn’t have been benched, it’s not like he’s suddenly a bum despite the down year. He’s going to get paid big time in FA or in a re-structure if he consents to a trade. 

I'm thinking the benching followed a gut wrenching interception on the final drive when they had a chance to win

5 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Richardson has the biggest potential to be a massive bust.

We can't draft projects, unless we have a legit QB to bridge to them.  Not a keenum, not a Wentz, but a legit QB.  Without one, we saw what happened with haskins.  We get desperate, throw the raw QB in the fire, QB struggles, is deemed not the answer, we discard QB, essentially flushing the draft pick down the toilet.  

Just now, KillBill26 said:

We can't draft projects, unless we have a legit QB to bridge to them.  Not a keenum, not a Wentz, but a legit QB.  Without one, we saw what happened with haskins.  We get desperate, throw the raw QB in the fire, QB struggles, is deemed not the answer, we discard QB, essentially flushing the draft pick down the toilet.  

We didn’t play Howell a sniff up to this point.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That dude switchs from Rivera sucks beyond sucks after a loss to he’s mediocre and even sometimes a little above average when he’s feeling generous after a win

Slightly above average is sucks. The building for the middle sucks. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

decent coach

About to have his 8th out of 12 seasons be losing. 5 straight non winning. 6 out of 7. I want to know what a bad HC is in your eyes. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The best coach that Dan can land

Grading on a curve.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We could do better if we had a better owner

And were about to. This clown has another week here thank god. Both of them wont be here for training camp.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

More I’ve liked than not liked

Completely inexplicable. The record, the QB search. Everything. Were no closer to the SB than the day he got here.

This entire post of yours is still defending him. Its utterly obscene to see some one not call a spade a spade but instead a rake. The dude has sucked here.

Just now, skinsmania123 said:

I am probably in the minority, but I like Mayfield. Always have. I think he has a decent arm, is mobile and is a fighter. He is mentally tough.  I think the price would be right too. What do we have to lose? We are being brought out. We are in transition.  Go get him. 

I think Mayfield and Darnold are real possibilities. If you made me choose between them I’m taking Mayfield 11/10 times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Say what you want. Ive been right pretty much every step of the way. 

That Dotson was a bad pick? Robinson was a bad pick too. Howell was a wasted pick. Trying to recall all these things you are always right about.  

But regardless I don’t give a rats behind. I am here to talk football if you think you know so much more than anyone else why waste your time here, get a job in a FO.

You are the one sterting the spitting match here. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

21 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Youre undying defense of Ron often in long diatribes is one of the most ridiculous bits on the board.

I’m willing to bet that your relentless  Ron sucks routine is easily one of if not the most annoying schticks on the board if we were to take a vote.  It’s so bad, that I bet you blame your failed relationships on Ron.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

If you are ever happy that you're proven right that something sucks for us, then GTFO.  If you wouldn't rather be wrong and see our team succeed, then you're not a fan, you're a guy who needs a few ribs removed to achieve his goals.

I'm very impressed with SIP for not being baited into this.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

That Dotson was a bad pick? Robinson was a bad pick too. Howell was a wasted pick. Trying to recall all these things you are always right about.  

But regardless I don’t give a rats behind. I am here to talk football if you think you know so much more than anyone else why waste your time here, get a job in a FO.

You are the one sterting the spitting match here. 

How in the hell do you still not understand why I didnt like those pick and still dont? 

All you have to do is admit you are wrong on Ron. Its not that hard dude. The proof is in his results. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

We didn’t play Howell a sniff up to this point.

Howell was a 5th rounder.  Richardson would be a 1st rounder, like haskins was.  You are advocating even trading up for Richardson.  The pressure/temptation to turn to him would be greater than it has been for Howell.  

25 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Youre undying defense of Ron often in long diatribes is one of the most ridiculous bits on the board.

As another poster noted, I think it's you who has been ridiculous with endless hot takes, exaggerations, and over the top positions.

You've only been here a couple years so there's not much of a body of better efforts in your content to balance that out.

Meanwhile, not only is sip FAR from ridiculous in any aspect of his posting, whether you agree with various specific views or not, hr has been one of the best contributors on this board for many years. 

From how I read the bulk of the membership responses to your posts, you are much more tolerated than appreciated and should not cast such stones lest a well merited boulder lands on you. 🙂

I'm not wearing my "mod hat" here or warning of a rules violation, just stating my take as another long time contributor to the board.

And fwiw, I'm most cases, hot takes etc. are better if they're more intermittent rather than a constant feature.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

This entire post of yours is still defending him. Its utterly obscene to see some one not call a spade a spade but instead a rake. The dude has sucked here.

I will simplify this for you.

A. You come off obsessed with Ron. That’s your passion. That’s your favorite topic to debate 

B. My interest in Ron is ZERO with the ownership issue looming. Nada. ZERO.

But if I am listening to a press conference where Ron is saying X and someone says it’s Y, based on my own post I’ll say something. 

If you think Ron meant that it’s frustrating to continue to be searching for QB1 as some sort of excuse making.   It strikes me odd, it would be like me saying I am still looking for the right women to marry but it hasn’t happened yet that it’s some code for me that I am blaming my friends or whomever for not making it happen for me. 

But if that point pissed on your hate parade on Ron, sorry.   But I don’t really care that much outside of clarifying what I think.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

The way this loser went out of his way to rush to social media to defend Wentz should have been a bigger red flag than it was at the time.  He is such a mentally frail guy and it would surprise me if he's on a roster at the start of the season next year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Malik Willis is awful.  I can't see Tennessee letting Tannehill leave just yet.

I had such stars in my eyes about Willis I'm the draft. But Im not the best predictor of college to pro success.

I would contend I'm pretty good at knowing how well the position is being played in the NFL by those in the role, inc. factoring in appropriate context.