Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

22 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I did really think about it and it does make sense, and I'm hardly the only person it makes sense to. You just don't like it because you like Heinicke.

I don’t even know how much of it has to do with liking Heinicke, as much as folks would prefer to believe there is an easier fix.  Sure with some, they just love Heinicke and will twist themselves into pretzels to defend him.  But the finger pointing at the run game or lack thereof, offensive line, and particularly the play caller is a common theme for a lot of our fans.  If only the OC would call X plays, or the OL would become the Hogs, or we had better running backs, on and on and on.  Normally there are some shreds of truth in that stuff but it’s still a deflection from the primary culprit we all know too well, the mediocre QB.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I did really think about it and it does make sense, and I'm hardly the only person it makes sense to. You just don't like it because you like Heinicke.

lol I usually like whoever the QB is execpt when we put Mark Sanchez in.  I was out on that move.  Your really using the "you like Heinickie" club as defense.  I was happy about getting Wentz I remember us struggling in the redzone with him as well.  He tried to throw a 1 yard TD against the Titans and it got intercepted in a tight window, and Wentz might have the strongest arm in the league.  

I think your trying to say that I like Heinickie and it clouds my evaluation of him however, I think my evaluation of him is spot on.  Deep outs and deep middle are how he limits the offense. The redzone issues arent because of his physical limitations.  There are to many other factors that have caused those issues. 

4 hours ago, zCommander said:

Then stop watching! No one is forcing you.

I alllllmost don't have to. TH's role has reduced so greatly that if I time my blinks a couple of times during the game I can miss watching his input. But I can still smell his play so it does not solve the problem.

They just need to keep doing what they are doing and keep him from impacting games. Its pretty much all they can do anyways.

• Like 1

Heinicke’s got 3 things going against him in the redzone - the ability to make tight window throws, his height (ability to see the field matters even more when it’s congested), and this style of offense (wanting to be safe with the ball because field goals matter).  

In his defense though, while this oline isn’t atrocious anymore, but they’re still sub par at best.  As to Turner, I don’t know what to think exactly.  Has he had red zone success with any of his qbs?  I’m assuming he might have with Newton, but Newton also had the toughness/size to run in that area.  So I’m undecided there.  The only glaring situation I can recall was the 2nd and goal from the 3 vs Philly (which, incidentally, was a clear sign of Turner trusting TH).  IMO, we should have run on 2nd, and if we picked up anything, run again on 3rd (and maybe even on 4th).

Edited by skinny21

7 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Heinicke’s got 3 things going against him in the redzone - the ability to make tight window throws, his height (ability to see the field matters even more when it’s congested), and this style of offense (wanting to be safe with the ball because field goals matter).  

In his defense though, while this oline isn’t atrocious anymore, but they’re still sub par at best.  As to Turner, I don’t know what to think exactly.  Has he had red zone success with any of his qbs?  I’m assuming he might have with Newton, but Newton also had the toughness/size to run in that area.  So I’m undecided there.  The only glaring situation I can recall was the 2nd and goal from the 3 vs Philly (which, incidentally, was a clear sign of Turner trusting TH).  IMO, we should have run on 2nd, and if we picked up anything, run again on 3rd (and maybe even on 4th).

And Turner schemed a TD on 3rd down (Gibson & Samuel) we’re wide open, but the online could stand up to give Taylor enough time

2 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Having arguably the smallest WR corp in the league doesnt help either. 

Nah, thats really not that big a deal.  All of them can win off the LOS which is important.

They also have larger targets.  Of all of the reasons we struggle in the red zone, WR is probably the last on the list. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Nah, thats really not that big a deal.  All of them can win off the LOS which is important.

They also have larger targets.  Of all of the reasons we struggle in the red zone, WR is probably the last on the list. 

This is why I wish we would have made a move for Terrace Marshall Jr. instead of drafting Dotson, who is talented certainly, but just not my cup of tea. 

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

I alllllmost don't have to. TH's role has reduced so greatly that if I time my blinks a couple of times during the game I can miss watching his input. But I can still smell his play so it does not solve the problem.

They just need to keep doing what they are doing and keep him from impacting games. Its pretty much all they can do anyways.

THIS to me is watering down good solid discussion when it comes to the most important player and position on the team.

Let me give you an example of a very simple play that shows up as 0/1 and 0 Yards on the stat sheet, but had a monumental affect on winning the game, which is all that fricken matters to me at this point after watching QB lose game after game after game here for the last 30 years. When the ball was hiked over Heineke’s head in the Philly game, and he calmly runs and picks it up and throws it away. That’s a play that can become 7 VERY quickly for the opposing team. Does Wentz scoop that up and make the same play? I mean maybe he does. Or in likely a Wentz fashion he probably coughs it up trying to lay on it and the other team takes it in for a score. 

That’s the most glaring example, but there are a handful of very simple plays every game where I tell myself, “Smart, thank goodness you threw it away”, or “wow how did he then that 7 yard sack into a 3 yard positive play.” There was a quick little slant that Heineke hit at the last second last week  to I forget who for a huge 3rd down conversion that I guarantee you other QBs would have taken a sack on.

If you don’t understand how these plays influence games and how even if you punt, getting positive yards, gaining positive momentum, and allowing your defense to rest is so vital to EVERYTHING that contributes to winning football I don’t know what to tell you. It honestly just seems like you’ve made up your mind about a guy and are closing your ears going “la la la la la la la” at the top of your lungs. 

It doesn’t mean Heineke doesn’t have weaknesses or is the future, or that he doesn’t struggle in the red zone some. But my goodness, the amount of negative posts surrounding this guy who does nothing but the opposite of what we’ve done for 30 years is preposterous to me. We win football games with him under center more than we lose. That’s just a fact.

• Like 3

I keep on seeing people are saying Taylor is not good or accurate when it comes to shorter throws. Can anyone explain to me what the hell is this then?

I will tell you what it is. It is the ability to make tight window throws @skinny21 what you say now?

You want to throw Taylor under the bus then fine but can you at least be realistic that he actually throws better passes that are shorter with a touch instead. This is something Wentz lacked and the balls were either too high or fell in front of the WR or would hit them too hard and they would just end up dropping the ball. 

The above posted tweet is a RZ example and shows to those critics who say he is bad in RZ as well since the field is compressed. All I remember from last year is he was not that bad in the RZ and made some really tight and nice throws. This year not so much. How much is that on Turner though? Turner had gone way to cute for me in the RZ this year. It almost seems like to me he rather have the 3 instead of the 6. 

Yes we all know Taylor is not the present or the future but at least I am willing to give credit to the guy and try to be fair when I can. I just don't understand why some have to just slam him no matter what. At least give the guy some credit. We have won 4 of last 5 games with him at least. 

Found this little stat from last year: 

Since Washington's bye week, Heinicke has completed 77.8% of his passes and thrown four touchdowns with no interceptions. It's the second-highest completion rate in the NFL over that span. Three of those scores came during Washington's 27-21 win over the Carolina Panthers, tying a career-high and marking the first time since Oct. 3 that he's thrown for more than one touchdown in a game.

Edited by zCommander

16 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is exactly what I’m referring to.  

A bunch of excuses for Taylor’s lack of red zone success.  If he was solid in the red zone, we’d be talking about extending him as a potential franchise QB.  He’s not solid in the red zone because it’s tough to score down there, and when you don’t have the physical tools to make all the throws it’s a lot harder. 

That’s not knocking him - it’s just reality.

If this team misses the playoffs, the likely reason is TH.  Again, that’s not knocking him - most teams aren’t making the playoffs with their backup QB.  It’s possible the defense and running game can carry the QB, it’s just not likely.  But make no mistake about it, if somehow this team makes the playoffs it will be as a result of the defense and running game leading the way.

I'm not saying they're excuses and i'm not saying they're Th's fault for not scoring TDs in red zone.

I'm saying WE DON'T KNOW the situations going on behind the mics between OC and HC and TH.  Maybe they don't trust him to make certain plays, maybe they're not calling certain plays on purpose, maybe they're crappy play calling, maybe TH can't make the throws needed, BUT we've all seen him make them before, so what changed?

Paloff-wise, i'm not sold that they'll make them, but i'm hoping because anything can happen. Right now TH is the best scenario; the team is winnig, not in spite of him but along with him; its a team effort. If TH makes a mistake, the defense steps in, and vice-versa. 

I just cannot wrap my brain around the fact that there's no other solution to this; put Wentz back in and lose? Are you friggin kidding me??!!  Are people so hellbent to hate a guy trying his best, who obviously has player support, willing to throw away a chance at a playoff spot just because you hate the fact that he has out-played and out-hustled and has far more pocket presence than Wentz just to prove a dumb point in saying " yea I was right about him"??  Really??  Really??

I'm going with whatever RR decides, he's got more knowledge of whats going on team-wise than any of us.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

THIS to me is watering down good solid discussion when it comes to the most important player and position on the team.

It waters down nothing as I have numerous posts and over a season's worth of information that has broken down how I arrived to that outcome.

TH has very clearly been relegated to the smallest possible role whenever he steps onto the field spanning from now to the start of last season.

I'm not going to pretend TH has some major effect on our success when he still manages to combine every decent or good play with three or four plays from the grab bag of:

-Throwing into opposing team meetings

-Missing wide open WRs

-Throwing open guys closed

-Leading his own guys into highway traffic so hard it would make Ethan Albright blush.

We are not suddenly winning games b/c TH is orchestrating some level of offense. With our rushing disparity most of the time his impact is almost equivalent to people sitting at home watching the game.

The guy greatly limits the playbook.

His contributions from a role and nearly stat-line standpoint are borderline Tebow-esk

His rankings in numerous categories are not just below average or even bad, but unfathomably abysmal. He is ranked 50th in passes beyond 20 yards... 50th

You can not and should not craft a consistent gameplan that linchpins around the above QB. Scott Turner has rightfully done the only thing he can do given the chess piece he is given and that is to run the ball into oblivion. As long as the gravy train keeps rolling, you don't mess with the sauce, but make no mistake we are wining games in spite of our QB, not because of him. Furthermore given the even worse O-line conditions we had early in the year it would seem Scott Turner only chooses to run this run-heavy playstyle when he is

saddled with TH at QB, meaning he does not have the faith in him to do anything else.

Over the last year+ we have seen without question that if TH is Scott's QB even if we have an incredible pass blocking O-line like we had last year, we are running the ball. If our D is a sieve and our only hope is to put up points, we are running the ball. If we have some legitimate weapons and playmakers, we are running the ball. When presented with different QBs, this mentality has drastically changed but by simply adding TH to the mix we instantly become one of the most rushing predicated Os in the NFL.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

It waters down nothing as I have numerous posts and over a season's worth of information that has broken down how I arrived to that outcome.

You are mocking Heineke’s impact on the game by saying you can basically blink a few times and not miss a damn thing as if he’s just sitting in a lawn chair behind the offensive line and watching with popcorn in hand like us fans. It’s ludicrous, and it does water down legitimately good debate on the topic. Idc if you’ve posted a million times on the matter with what got you to that belief, that belief seems so firmly entrenched that you aren’t able to see the situation for what it is. 

12 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

TH has very clearly been relegated to the smallest possible role whenever he steps onto the field spanning from now to the start of last season.

I'm not going to pretend TH has some major effect on our success when he still manages to combine every decent or good play with three or four plays from the grab bag of:

-Throwing into opposing team meetings

-Missing wide open WRs

-Throwing open guys closed

-Leading his own guys into highway traffic so hard it would make Ethan Albright blush.

We are not suddenly winning games b/c TH is orchestrating some level of offense. With our rushing disparity most of the time his impact is almost equivalent to people sitting at home watching the game.

The guy greatly limits the playbook.

His contributions from a role and nearly stat-line standpoint are borderline Tebow-esk

His rankings in numerous categories are not just below average or even bad, but unfathomably abysmal. He is ranked 50th in passes beyond 20 yards... 50th

You can not and should not craft a consistent gameplan that linchpins around the above QB. Scott Turner has rightfully done the only thing he can do given the chess piece he is given and that is to run the ball into oblivion. As long as the gravy train keeps rolling, you don't mess with the sauce, but make no mistake we are wining games in spite of our QB, not because of him. Furthermore given the even worse O-line conditions we had early in the year it would seem Scott Turner only chooses to run this run-heavy playstyle when he is

saddled with TH at QB, meaning he does not have the faith in him to do anything else.

Over the last year+ we have seen without question that if TH is Scott's QB even if we have an incredible pass blocking O-line like we had last year, we are running the ball. If our D is a sieve and our only hope is to put up points, we are running the ball. If we have some legitimate weapons and playmakers, we are running the ball. When presented with different QBs, this mentality has drastically changed but by simply adding TH to the mix we instantly become one of the most rushing predicated Os in the NFL.

No one as far as I can tell is saying Heineke has no limitations and that the passing offense is humming with the best of the league. You’re arguing against yourself.

Unfortunately, you’ve allowed the limitations and the style of play influence you to the point that you just refuse to give and credit for anything he DOES bring to the table. Which I pointed out several examples in my last post.

Heineke threw for more yards in the first half last week than Tebow’s career average. Tebow completed 47 percent of his passes. 47 percent. Let’s get serious with that comparison. 

And lastly, I watch red zone and other games every week and I see a ton of erratic throws from some of the very best even. You’re way overaggerating here. There’s a few balls that definitely get away every game and some inmacruate ones but when you are going to have a hard time convincing me that someone who completes 64 percent of their passes here is constantly spraying it all over the yard in embassassing fashion. 

19 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

You are mocking Heineke’s impact on the game by saying you can basically blink a few times and not miss a damn thing as if he’s just sitting in a lawn chair behind the offensive line and watching with popcorn in hand like us fans. It’s ludicrous

Just because I add some humor to my posts does not harm the value of the topic of the post. If you choose to see a 40 to 27 run pass disparity and a consistent and multiple season spanning trend of limiting a players role as some form of quality contribution, your welcome to that. I do not.

TH is a horrific QB, and watching him is an affront to the visual senses.

1001005138_touchedeyes.jpg.df021ba3a855776f12ce263dfa4ba8d5.jpg

29 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

you are going to have a hard time convincing me that someone who completes 64 percent of their passes here is constantly spraying it all over the yard in embassassing fashion. 

I wish he was completing 64%. He is barely above 60% so far this year.

And yes, this is the definition of embarrassing fashion. The gap between 49 and 50 where his is ranked is bigger than any other span on the list to boot. With scores this bad, there are probably a bunch of QBs who have not had an opportunity to play this year who would easily overtake him given the chance.

1370963089_ScreenShot2022-11-23at6_42_08AM.png.5ea97457497ef9b5adee37c163063a97.thumb.png.6525c17c675fe9e264f896d6eb779a56.png

4 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

lol I usually like whoever the QB is execpt when we put Mark Sanchez in.  I was out on that move.  Your really using the "you like Heinickie" club as defense.  I was happy about getting Wentz I remember us struggling in the redzone with him as well.  He tried to throw a 1 yard TD against the Titans and it got intercepted in a tight window, and Wentz might have the strongest arm in the league.  

I think your trying to say that I like Heinickie and it clouds my evaluation of him however, I think my evaluation of him is spot on.  Deep outs and deep middle are how he limits the offense. The redzone issues arent because of his physical limitations.  There are to many other factors that have caused those issues. 

How dare you. The Sanctuary of Sanchez does not approve of such disrespectful talk.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d9faa9bdac0c26fcc7

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Just because I add some humor to my posts does not harm the value of the topic of the post. If you choose to see a 40 to 27 run pass disparity and a consistent and multiple season spanning trend of limiting a players role as some form of quality contribution, your welcome to that. I do not.

TH is a horrific QB, and watching him is an affront to the visual senses.

1001005138_touchedeyes.jpg.df021ba3a855776f12ce263dfa4ba8d5.jpg

I wish he was completing 64%. He is barely above 60% so far this year.

And yes, this is the definition of embarrassing fashion. The gap between 49 and 50 where his is ranked is bigger than any other span on the list to boot. With scores this bad, there are probably a bunch of QBs who have not had an opportunity to play this year who would easily overtake him given the chance.

1370963089_ScreenShot2022-11-23at6_42_08AM.png.5ea97457497ef9b5adee37c163063a97.thumb.png.6525c17c675fe9e264f896d6eb779a56.png

One arbitrary rankings list where it’s not even clear how the grade is determined seems rather silly to point to and go “see I’m right and he’s atrocious.”

I mean there’s definitely more to playing QB than 20 plus yard passes for one.

That list ranks Noodle armed Colt McCoy 5th and Lamar Jackson 45th. Oooof. Ravens should trade Lamar and a few firsts to get a top 5 20 yard passer on the field. Am I doing it right? 

Clearly you’re locked in on the stance. I’m sorry you have to watch such a miserable brand of football with a lead balloon at the QB position. Golly gee you must really believe this is the best roster in football, because it’s tough to win games in this league with awful terrible backup QB play and somehow we just keep finding a way. 

5 hours ago, Zim489 said:

I do. But there's not much interesting there. It just divides teams into how set and comfortable they are in their QB situations. Washington, as everyone should guess, is under "Looking to Upgrade".

Here's the full quote:

The Commanders have three quarterbacks in Taylor Heinicke, Carson Wentz and 2022 fifth-round pick Sam Howell. It’ll be tough going all-in on any one of them next season.

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s really hard to have any type of constructive debate with folks who can’t make one post without referring to “hate”.

On the flip side, there are obviously people that hate what he brings to the table as our qb.  I think there are also a lot of people that go over the top with their criticism (which, by the way is in the Merriam Webster dictionary as the informal definition of hate - ie, being a hater).  And then people all the time get called out for being ‘hivers’/Taylor-lovers if they say positive things, or if they try to balance things with context.  I do understand though that it can be exhausting/frustrating when people go overboard - though again, I’ll point out that it goes both ways.

@zCommander I didn’t say an inability to make tight window throws, so one example (one I already had in mind, to be clear) doesn’t sway me much.  Perhaps I could have been clearer.  Is it a strength of his though?  Pretty obvious it’s not IMO.  And I’ll add that it’s possible he understands the difficulty (for him), to gun balls into those tight windows.  Quite possible he understands that he can’t afford to make a mistake there and give up points.

Now, am I leaving open the possibility that either Turner - schematically or philosophically - and/or the oline issues are the main culprit(s) for our red zone woes?  Sure.

@FootballZombie I’m not sure I agree with your assertion that Turner doesn’t trust TH.  I already gave the example of 2nd and goal from the 3 against Philly.  I think we’ve seen a number of times he’s put the ball into Heinicke’s hands looking for clutch plays.  4th downs come to mind.  And Heinicke is still throwing something like 30 times a game.  To me, it’s pretty clear that he (and Rivera) believe that a run heavy approach simply fits the team better, and yes, that very much includes Taylor.  Heck, before the Tennessee game Turner was talking about needing to run the ball more (didn’t happen of course, probably because we were 1-11 on 3rd down), then they ran the crap out of the ball vs Chicago.  Helps our oline, helps our qbs, wears out defenses, helps rest our D.  I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we changed our offensive style after Roullier went down in week 8 last year, or that this year, after losing Roullier, and then Schweitzer, they said they wanted to run the ball more.

I’m not trying to argue Heinicke wasn’t a factor, I’m sure he was, but I don’t think it’s that he doesn’t trust him.  Especially since I think the most important thing for an OC is having trust in your qb.  

I do get your (implied?) point that Turner is cognizant of not putting too much on Heinicke’s shoulders.  And that the team is more successful when TH isn’t airing it out 40+ times a game.

Bottom line, we need a good qb, good oline, and good receivers to run Turner’s desired offense.  We obviously don’t have one of those (the oline), and one could certainly argue we don’t have a good qb (TH isn’t, and Wentz, without good protection, is also pretty bad).  I don’t think it’s a coincidence either that, lacking 2 of those 3, we’re not a good redzone team.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, skinny21 said:
3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

On the flip side, there are obviously people that hate what he brings to the table as our qb.  I think there are also a lot of people that go over the top with their criticism (which, by the way is in the Merriam Webster dictionary as the informal definition of hate - ie, being a hater).  And then people all the time get called out for being ‘hivers’/Taylor-lovers if they say positive things, or if they try to balance things with context.  I do understand though that it can be exhausting/frustrating when people go overboard - though again, I’ll point out that it goes both ways.

There are a few folks who are Hivers, that just love everything about Taylor, defend him at every turn and the majority of their posting history is on him and him only.

But I’m speaking about a wider range than just the Hive.  I don’t even think it’s debatable that at best, Taylor is along for the ride.  That doesn’t mean he never makes positive plays.  But it does put a cap on just how good this team can be.  I simply cannot take anyone seriously that suggests somehow the coaching is more of a problem than the QB.  That’s not a shot at Taylor, the dude only has but so much in the tank.  It’s clear as day, and it’s not just the deep stuff we are missing.  But because we are winning, even though the margin is razor thin, we should all just shut up and bow down because he makes a play sometimes.  And god forbid we don’t, we are “haters”. 

I honestly wouldn’t even engage in what could be construed as negative talk about him, if others weren’t telling me the piss is actually rain so regularly.  I have zero issue with him and think his story is awesome, seems like a good dude, all that stuff.  But just as you say some folks go overboard with how bad he is, there’s just as much if not more overboard with how good he is.   Guys will be like Taylor isn’t the future, he’s not this or that, but then argue til they are blue in the face against any criticism about him and point fingers at everyone else.  

• Like 1

If the coaches thought half as highly of Heinicke as the Hive does, they wouldn't have first tried to replace him with a career journeyman and then commit a salary cap crippling (for this past offseason) plus draft picks trade to bring in Wentz.   The coaches had a clear plan for QB in 2021 & 2022 and it didn't include Heinicke starting at the position.

Heinicke may be the best QB on the roster for the present circumstances, but if that's the case it's because one is a late round draft pick rookie still working on his fundamentals and the other couldn't survive the pressure behind an O-line that lost 3 starters in the first few weeks, not to mention a defense that wasn't doing the offense any favors early in the easy when the offense was actually putting up some points.

I think there are plenty of us who can see the right now vs the big picture, and we are willing to root for whatever the best combination to win games right now is, but that doesn't mean we have to ignore our eyes at what we see happening on the field when thinking longer term plans.

As far as Scott Turner's "trust" in Heinicke.  I don't think it is trust or lack of at this point versus he just knows the limitations of the guy so he isn't going to go out of his way to call plays he thinks Heinicke can't make and that goes for the red zone as well.  That should be seen as a problem, even to the Hive.  No one should be okay with limiting the playbook due to a QB who's physical abilities are not up to NFL standards.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t even know how much of it has to do with liking Heinicke, as much as folks would prefer to believe there is an easier fix.  Sure with some, they just love Heinicke and will twist themselves into pretzels to defend him.  But the finger pointing at the run game or lack thereof, offensive line, and particularly the play caller is a common theme for a lot of our fans.  If only the OC would call X plays, or the OL would become the Hogs, or we had better running backs, on and on and on.  Normally there are some shreds of truth in that stuff but it’s still a deflection from the primary culprit we all know too well, the mediocre QB.

I wonder if we had spent 4 four first round picks on the Oline how good our run game/passing game would be. How good would our OC be and on and on and on. A mediocre QB would be an all pro.....did Rypien make all pro? Just kind of curious how your post actually works on the defensive side if the situation was the same. I point my finger directly at the Oline for the last 27 QBs we've had.....

I keep seeing post that say that our play book is limited with Taylor. Did we win games with the full playbook? Did Scott and RR finalize realize that maybe the whole play book doesn’t gel well with the Oline and what we have at QB? Taylor isn’t a great QB, maybe a decent back up. Wentz evidently isn’t a great QB with this team and playbook. 
Running  the football has won 4 of 5 games. Maybe with this current team it doesn’t matter who the QB is, but using the whole play book wasn’t working in the first half of the season. Maybe the players, all of them, on offense cannot run Scott’s total playbook. 

Edited by Acworth skins fan
  • Like 2