Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

42 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Since the team is in transition between don’t expect a big move at qb in 23. The expected change will happen to late for anything to be done this year.

Going into 23 with Taylor and Sam seems likely. You can add Carson, if he takes a massive pay cut with an incentive laden deal.

The long term solution to qb isn’t happening next year.

To me its just begging to be drafting 15th again. Either prepare to swing big on everyone and actually land on some one or full on Tank. 

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Our backups are taking over the league lol...

- Heinicke

- Colt McCoy

- Kyle Allen

Another example of non-first rounder QB likely ending up meh.

Hard enough to strike it rich with a top 10 pick at QB.  But once you get into the 2nd round and lower the odds are abysmal.

For every Russell Wilson there are 10:  Mason Rudolph, Deshone Kizer, Cody Kessler, Garett Grayson, Christian Hackenberg, Sean Mannion, Ryan Mallett, etc

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Ok, I know the talk about Jimmy G. and Derek Carr being FA's.  (Either is a good addition to the QB room).

But Geno Smith will also be a UFA next year and will probably be on some team's wish list.  I haven't seen a lot of him this year, but he is having a pretty solid year.  17/4 TD/INT

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals:229:

:229:The Rook

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, The Rook said:

Ok, I know the talk about Jimmy G. and Derek Carr being FA's.  (Either is a good addition to the QB room).

But Geno Smith will also be a UFA next year and will probably be on some team's wish list.  I haven't seen a lot of him this year, but he is having a pretty solid year.  17/4 TD/INT

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals:229:

True but indications are judging by the media, Seattle plans to do what it takes to bring him back

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

True but indications are judging by the media, Seattle plans to do what it takes to bring him back

Probably, he has lived out there for three years, but ya never know.

One thing for sure, Geno will have a much better contract next year.🤑

• Like 1

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEKlBN659uvtQdbcEdCXaixcqFggEKg4IACoGCAow5tYTMODEAjCyugQ?uo=CAUiANIBAA&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen 

Offloading his monster contract would bring challenges, but Rodgers doesn't have a no-trade clause in his deal, meaning he can be shipped anywhere, and his bonuses are structured in such a way he isn't unmovable. He's also relatively affordable for a potential acquiring team, at least in 2023, when he's due to count $31.6M against the salary cap -- No. 10 among all QBs.

9. Commanders

Always open for veteran QB business, they have the skill weapons and defense to stay in the playoff mix. What they don't have, as usual, is a true franchise signal-caller, with Carson Wentz bound to be cut. The cap space is a concern, but if the respected Ron Rivera is still in charge, he could be a real draw for a longtime vet like Rodgers.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Another example of non-first rounder QB likely ending up meh.

Hard enough to strike it rich with a top 10 pick at QB.  But once you get into the 2nd round and lower the odds are abysmal.

For every Russell Wilson there are 10:  Mason Rudolph, Deshone Kizer, Cody Kessler, Garett Grayson, Christian Hackenberg, Sean Mannion, Ryan Mallett, etc

Is this your way of saying we should forget about Howell? lol..

10 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Is this your way of saying we should forget about Howell? lol..

Nope, we played that hand and he is not the typical 5th rounder, projected the year before by some to be the first pick in the draft.  But I definitely wouldn't count on Howell being the guy without letting the script play out some to see what he's got.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I assume "just because you got hurt" means his finger lol...

This is EXACTLY what Irsay was talking about. Wentz is such a toxic headcase that he's hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for teammates JUST so that he can say he'll soldier on even though he failed only because of his injury. Wentz is such an awful teammate. It's no wonder everyone hates him.

4 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Our backups are taking over the league lol...

- Heinicke

- Colt McCoy

- Kyle Allen

I was thinking about this earlier. I thought the Texans must have been all-in on tanking or laser-focused on developing Mills. Pre-injury Kyle Allen is absolutely better than Mills, and I'd argue gives Heinicke a run for his money, moxie or not. Glad to see Allen get a shot again so I can finally get another look at whether he's better than Heinicke or not.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Why would anyone want to trade for anybody when you can have father time himself Tom Brady for free. He's totally a FA!

He's gotta go somewhere if he wants to continue avoiding his kids.

/All Sarcasm

Why not? Strong D, strong weapons, defensive coach who could just give Brady the offense and say “do whatever you want”. Pretty strong division but weak conference. Take this lost franchise to the SB and you become an impossibly legendary figure even beyond being the modern GOAT of the sport. 

It’s crazy…but also, is it that crazy? 

The biggest thing standing in the way is that we probably won’t have the new owner in place in time to attempt big moves like this. 

But make no mistake, 46-year old Brady running the offense he prefers, along with two mid-level interior OL upgrades—and this is a Super Bowl roster. 

An impossible dream, obviously. But not completely insane in a vacuum. We just don’t live in a vacuum. 

Edited by Conn