Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Literally the opposite of all local reporting lol. He’s observing processes, giving all requested resources, and otherwise staying out of the way.

Florio knows what gets angry Washington fans’ (and gleeful spiteful other NFL fans’) clicks though 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Conn said:

Yep, posted about these types of analysts the other day and I think it’s worth repeating:

And also worth repeating, a lot of the scouts and coaches fall into the same category, and that clouds their thinking.

The Media Darling that is Dumbass Jay Gruden liked Colt McCoy so much they do a podcast together now.  

Jay saw a lot of himself in Colt.  He actually said this at some point on some radio interview somewhere, I don't remember where or who, it was a while ago before I started actively avoiding the dumbassery that comes out of his mouth.  Colt was just somewhat better than Jay, but still athletically challenged and coachable.

Another thing to note: Just about every one of these "experts" with an opinion has probably made the wrong choice on a QB.  The bust rate of first round QBs is greater than 50%.  So, it's great we're asking coaches, ex-coaches, scouts, ex-scouts, and other media people what they like.  But guess what: these exact same people got it wrong so many times, even if they are "experts" what's to say they're not wrong again? 

They could be right, also.  

I think it's just about entirely random at this point, so who knows. 

I know it's Florio and he's objectively terrible but the fact that he could publish that garbage article when AP *directly* addressed the extent of Josh's involvement in the draft process during the presser, and then just slap the word "source" on it, well, it's malpractice.

I'm not surprised but it's still outrageous. 

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Literally the opposite of all local reporting lol. He’s observing processes, giving all requested resources, and otherwise staying out of the way.

Florio knows what gets angry Washington fan (and gleeful spiteful other NFL fans) clicks though 

Yeah Florio is basically the Weekly World News of sports reporting (I would never tarnish the National Enquirer by associating his name with it).

• Like 1

Jesus, do these guys watch or read anything...more from the article that puts an end to whatever it is lol (it's a good article, but it brings up more of what people like Rufus, Consigliere and myself talk about with regard to "expertise")

The QBs coach continued, “Last drive of the game against Alabama, the receiver [Roman] Wilson runs a deep cross, and J.J. has him open, but he overstrides and the ball sails on him. It’s gonna be a pick and Michigan’s gonna lose. The Alabama DB thinks he’s got it, and Wilson makes a ridiculous catch. And that’s an easy throw. _(stuff)___ like that, I worry about.

What? LOL. I'm not sure he overstrode on that ball.  But the ball did not sail it was tipped. The ball was tipped and Roman made a great catch.  But the ball would have hit Roman if not for the tip. I think it was Dallas Turner that tipped it. A first round guy made a great play and another guy made another great play. Because the ball was thrown hard it kept going rather than end up as a devastating play (or hit).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Not loving the Drama surrounding Jayden Daniels and his agent/family the last couple of the days.  Wonder how the team feels about it. 

We already know about his mom too. 

I think deep down the kid is a bit of a diva. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Not loving the Drama surrounding Jayden Daniels and his agent/family the last couple of the days.  Wonder how the team feels about it. 

I think KDawg was making the point the other night (I would research t, but since it was 36 hours in the past it was probably more than 100 pages ago) that the JD's agent stuff could well be more of a symptom than a cause. In other words, the agent tweeting annoyance at Washington isn't going to result in Daniels not being picked here, but that he is tweeting it because he knows Daniels isn't the pick here. 

So, he's doing damage control for his client not being picked #2. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

This is interesting only insofar as who paid Schefter to say that?

I just can't imagine it was the team, because there's literally zero benefit to them to discredit Daniels in any way shape or form, whether they pick him or not.  

** Snyder might have done this just so they could control the narrative if they were picking Maye.  But Peters and Newmark seem way too smart for that type of low-road shenanigans.  

So if it's not the team, then who?  Other agents?  Is Maye's agent finally stepping up to the plate?  McCarthy's, who I think has been doing a fantastic job paying people to say nice things about his client?  One of Daniels' ex-girlfriends who holds a grudge?  

Schefter doesn't say things like this unless he is told to and well compensated for it, either by other information or cold hard cash into a number Swiss bank account.  

So, who told him to say this. 

That's what I want to know. 

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I think his agent didn't call him and say, "I'm going to post a hmmm emoji, cool?" to make sure it was cool with him.

I haven't seen him tweet in a few days on this topic. So, maybe Daniel did say that's enough. I don't know, and don't care. 

Schefter just reported it on national television. And he wasn’t *edit: just* referencing an emoji, he was reporting Daniels’ and his agent’s feelings about the visit process. Schefter is a high hit rate guy, and nobody from Daniels’ camp is disavowing any of the noise around this for two days now. It’s real. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No no no no.  We're not going to skip over that SI article so quickly.  Hoop, I want to know why you think that article said what it did.  I posted two excerpts about Daniels that echo the same perceptions (and stats) about him voiced here and in that Chicago Bears blog.  I also showed how the one scout talking about a pass sailing vs. Alabama was out of his damn gourd.  

So let's talk about what that article showed other than, yes, you can take away that he's seen as #2. But that was burying the lede.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:
1 hour ago, The Consigliere said:

I don't know of anyone who claims to be smarter or know more than FO people. It's a completely bad faith way to belittle people's opinions. Because that's what they are, opinions. Opinions about football players. You should be able to express the opinion that a move could be a mistake without someone straw manning the claim that you think you know everything.

There are people here who simply express opinions about football players in the way you’ve proclaimed here and nobody is talking about that.  Thats what the board is for.  I have nothing against strong opinions by folks who take the hobby of scouting football players seriously.  In fact, @Skinsinparadise is a shining example of how to do that in a way that doesn’t ooze delusion and arrogance.

45 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And, again, it's disingenuous  at that. Many of the same people who will tell you you are a fool to think you know if a draft pick is a mistake would have been perfectly fine doing the same to Rivera last year. Rivera who had access to way more information than any of us had and whole professional Front Office at his disposal. We could have called him anything we wanted, but we can't disagree with anything Peters does, because we don't have access t all the info he has? How does that work?

There’s a difference between developing strong opinions on a player and just flat out indicting Peters and the top brass with all sorts of completely made up stuff like their decisions are all about trying to win now, or that Quinn wants a running QB because it’s harder for him to defend, or that if they don’t select Maye it’s a bad process no matter how each player turns out, and any other made up narratives like that. 

52 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

While we're trying to square some logic circles, how many of us were called idiots on this board for, say, thinking signing Albert Haynesworth was a mistake? How about Donovan McNabb? Jay Gruden? Dwayne Haskins? Carson Wentz? I was called every name in the book here for thinking I knew enough to call them mistakes. So were many other posters here. So, how does that work? The people who said I was stupid for thinking I knew those things were mistakes can stand up again and tell me how dumb I am for thinking something else is a mistake? Sure, I should definitely take that seriously

Conveniently enough you mention several players you were right about, where others were wrong, without any mention of those you got wrong.  We all get some right and get some wrong.  The best of the best that do this for a living get a lot wrong.  Again, there’s a difference between being having a strong opinion based on analysis and just outright making up narratives- which is what my point has been all along.  There are some very strong statements built on flimsy foundations running amuck in here and I’m not talking about being concerned with Daniel’s pressure to sack rate or Maye’s footwork.

• Like 3

GMAP had a specific plan to bring the players in a group setting and see what happens.  Daniels agent didn't agree with it and said so out loud.  Obvisously, we don't know what JD said to his agent, but he had to say something that set off the agent to open his mouth.  Schefter is not hearing this from the team so he has to be hearing it from the agent.

I don't think it means anything other then the actual evaluation of JD during the group excercise.  I like the that the team tried something new to shake things up.  Do something to separate and evaluate.

The next day were the individual interviews.  Possible he also didn't do well in them, but that we do not know.

8 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Yeah I’m not sure how you can come to a conclusion that Jayden did well in his interviews/visit.

I mean, they may love his game so much they take him anyway but there is too much smoke.

I dunno, IF this stuff is true I'd have a hard time seeing GMAP and DQ wanting him on the team, considering how big they are on character and culture fit.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

Daniels agent didn't agree with it and said so out loud. 

I truly don't care, I'm not gonna base my opinion of Daniels on his idiot agent, but this dude just needs to stop drawing attention to himself - seems like a disservice to his client 🤷‍♂️

• Thumb up 1

Daniels is turning into everything we thought Williams was.

Remember, this is the same kid whos former ASU teammates trashed his locker room after he transferred. 

I think he may have some deep seated diva tendencies that are starting to spring up. 

RG3 was supposedly a class guy too, but we eventually found out he wasnt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, DiscoBob said:

I truly don't care, I'm not gonna base my opinion of Daniels on his idiot agent, but this dude just needs to stop drawing attention to himself - seems like a disservice to his client 🤷‍♂️

I know some here disagree, but I have a hard time seeing this as Jayden's agent just going completely and utterly rogue with zero input from anyone else. If so, the dude should be fired, like, yesterday because he's making his client look really bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Conn said:

Florio knows what gets angry Washington fans’ (and gleeful spiteful other NFL fans’) clicks though 

The source is florio lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1