• Now
    • Between now and Fitz is off IR and cleared to play
    • Wait until Fitz is medically cleared to play and off IR
    • Let him play out the 2021 season
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • OP is a Taylor Hater

I've seen enough.

Great story, love the guy, but I'm feeling the analysis that the playcalling is being limited by him and his arm.

I was not expecting 13 points against a defense thats nearly as bad as ours, dude has been figured out and looks like his confidence is starting to dip as well.

Originally I was going to title the thread when to bench him, but i know some folks still may want to ride out with him.  I'm not, discuss.

• Like 1

I could give a rats ass if he stays on as starter or not. Actually  I want the first pick in the draft so yeah keep him in there.. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I hate tanking, we need to execute the offense best we can to assess the talent we have for the offseason.  Hes jus going to get teed off on at this rate, hurt, and replaced anyway, do it now.

the only way you really do that is draft a 1st class stud at QB. I feel if we can ever do that guys will want to come play here and play w/ that guy. Just not sure what guy exists in the years draft. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

If the O is going to continue to give next to nothing, moving forward you have to throw injury concerns to the wind and start calling read options and bootlegs. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt.

There is tape on him now and he has been increasingly ineffective as a passer. The arm concern's are real and now he is avoiding entire sections of the field. Deep middle does not exist. 

He is simply not good enough as a pure passer, in fact he is growing into a detriment.

If you want him to have positive effects on a game, call specific plays where he uses his legs by design. Otherwise, you have a better chance of success w/ Allen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I hate tanking, we need to execute the offense best we can to assess the talent we have for the offseason.  Hes jus going to get teed off on at this rate, hurt, and replaced anyway, do it now.

Heinicke is still the best QB on the roster

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Alexa said:

the only way you really do that is draft a 1st class stud at QB. I feel if we can ever do that guys will want to come play here and play w/ that guy. Just not sure what guy exists in the years draft. 

He doesn't, all the more reason not to tank

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I seriously doubt that after today's performance, maybe last week I could see it debated, but not anymore.  Hes starting to look John Beck bad

Who the **** cares at this point?  We’re 2-4, have no chance to win the division, and forget about a wild card spot.  We’re not a playoff team, not a good team, and we’re fast approaching being a terrible team again.  If we’re not going to win a sorry ass division such as the NFC Least, I want to get a top 5 or top 3 pick, and finally get a franchise QB.  We’re just twisting in the wind of irrelevancy until this is solved.

I’m convinced now that the only way we’ll ever be a good team, or even a relevant team under Snyder, is to get a franchise QB once and for all.  You saw the difference today between what having a franchise QB looks like with the Chiefs, and not having one looks like with us.  The Chiefs have as bad a defense as we do, are turning the ball a lot more this year than normal and couldn’t stop anyone before playing us today.  The difference being that with a Franchise QB, you’ll always have a chance to win, and score 30+.  When’s the last time you’ve seen a team turn the ball over 3 times, and still score 30+ and win by 3 possessions?

Edited by samy316

Normally I'd say that I see no point in it, but having a somewhat better passer might help develop/evaluate some of the other young guys in the offense. Problem is, Fitz lasted a half in his first go-round. It's not like the OL has changed drastically since then. They really need a mobile QB right now.

I voted to wait until Fitz is ready, because that's probably the best of a bunch of bad options.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Based on what? Sorry, but that has to be emotion speaking. He is the same QB he was against TB. He has stopped getting lucky and Ds have figured him out. Nice story! Great guy! Can be fun to watch. But he is not an NFL starting QB. Fitz and I would guess at this point Kyle Allen is likely better. 

I say let him play till the bye. Then get Kyle Allen ready or Fitz if he cleared to paly. In fairness we are likely 2-7 no matter who you put at QB. 

@Renegade7 I agree with you in terms of tanking, you really do not have to worry about them tanking. Ron will never do that. 

• Like 2

I know their *WAS* a Heinicke Bandwagon for awhile , but lets be honest we are not so smart and the rest of the league is so dumb. He was never recruited high out of high school and went to Old Dominion. He was never drafted, and bounced around the league as a journey man 2nd-3rd string guy. He was cut and platooned to the XFL were he did not even start. We got him while he was sitting on his couch out of any and all leagues. To expect him to be some kind of "game buster" would have meant every college, every pro scout, decades of experience was completely wrong. Simply put the NFL does not work that way. He is and shall always be a serviceable 2nd string or decent 3rd string guy with occasional flashes. He's Colt McCoy

Edited by WTFforLife
typos