Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11

zCommander

On 12/28/2021 at 7:06 PM, Warhead36 said:

Nobody thought Haskins would be Haskins during pre draft either.

Ultimately at the end of the day you have no idea.

Nobody?  Plenty did including myself.

There is definitely a crap shoot element to the draft but Haskins was a mile from a bullet proof prospect. I among others openly rooted for him to go before our pick.

Heck it came out that WFT own scouts didn’t care much for Haskins

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

The Seahawks look like they are going to win and move into a 6-10 tie with us.

The Panthers are up 1 at halftime over the Saints. If they win they also move into a 6-10 tie with us

Guess that and hoping the Cowboys lose is what we have to root for right now

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

The Seahawks look like they are going to win and move into a 6-10 tie with us.

The Panthers are up 1 at halftime over the Saints. If they win they also move into a 6-10 tie with us

Guess that and hoping the Cowboys lose is what we have to root for right now

Out of interest do either of those go beyond us with a win?

You’d have to think even we can’t lose to the giants last game

2 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Out of interest do either of those go beyond us with a win?

You’d have to think even we can’t lose to the giants last game

At this point it would just leave us tied with those teams and Chicago (who are at 8 ) going into the last week. will depend on strength of schedule from there. That's too tough to call now

• Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My prediction is we win next week and pick 10th. 

I have no reason behind this.  It’s just a hunch.

I have a feeling it's going to be a blowout win over the Giants.  They are done with this season clearly. Maybe Allen gets to play a bit.

57 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I don't think the NFL has seen this level of tank the Giants are doing.  That last game was straight up thrown from opening bell.

John Mara should be fined and the Giants should lose draft picks for breaking the spirit of NFL rules and sportsmanship.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Messing with the math, I think we beat the Giants and end up with the 11th pick.

I think it goes down like this

Browns beat the Steelers -- we want the Browns to win

Vikings beat the Bears -- we'd want the Vikings to win 

Chiefs beat the Broncos -- we'd want Denver to win

Saints-Falcons -- doesn't matter who wins

So if my math is right two teams would leapfrog over us and we'd end up at 11. 

If we lose to the Giants which I don't think is even possible

we'd want the Bears to beat the Vikings

and would want Seattle to beat Arizona

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

There's no reason both teams can't tie 0 - 0, unless the Giants safety themselves and gift us 2 points.  Then we do it to them twice.  Giants 4 WFT 2.

Nope. You'd have Heinicke run all the way back to the endzone then fumble the ball within it.

Then wait until a Giants player to touch the ball.

you can even block one into it, so that's a Touchdown!

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

What a shame we play the Giants. 

Yeah they right now by a mile are the worst team in the NFL.  the only thing I like about their meltdown is I am hoping it convinces them that Daniel Jones is the answer.  They were bad with Jones.  But they look epic bad without him.   Shows the power of a backup QB, too. they were much better with Colt McCoy.  With Glennon and Fromm they look like a high school level team. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I don't think the NFL has seen this level of tank the Giants are doing.  That last game was straight up thrown from opening bell.

I agree.  I'm fine with sitting vets and playing young guys who need experience once a team is eliminated.  But the Giants never made an effort to catch up.  It was strange watching them start trying to run out the clock for 4 quarters, while losing.

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah they right now by a mile are the worst team in the NFL.  the only thing I like about their meltdown is I am hoping it convinces them that Daniel Jones is the answer.  They were bad with Jones.  But they look epic bad without him.   Shows the power of a backup QB, too. they were much better with Colt McCoy.  With Glennon and Fromm they look like a high school level team. 

The fans were also so excited to see how much better their offense would be after Garrett was fired.  It got so much worse, especially with Jones out.

Edited by Nerm

Winning this game means nothing to this season other than draft position. And draft position even one or two places can be huge especially when you are in need of a quarterback. I think we should sit our Stars to eliminate a chance of any serious injury that would have to be rehabbed over the summer and let the young guys play. What's that you say? We don't have any stars on this team. Yeah maybe you're right. Lol

• Thanks 1

I'd sit anyone that has any semblance of long term future for this team. Of course, you can only sit so many guys because you still need to field a roster, but guys like McLaurin, Gibson, Allen, Sweat, Payne etc. should see as few snaps as possible. There is literally zero upside and only downside to playing them.

The only exception is if they're really close to certain contract incentives, I'd let them play to try to reach those. For example McLaurin needs 40 more yards for 1000 and I'm sure there is some bonus in his contract for that, so I'd let him play till he got 40 and then sit him.

• Like 2