Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11

zCommander

25 minutes ago, zskins said:

Don't think there are Haskins in this draft.

Yea wasn't the best comment because there Is a player like him. It was my bad way of saying I hope we don’t get another bust (or meh player) that we have to deal with a few years before getting back to square one

6 hours ago, shemp nixon said:

There is not a QB in this draft worthy of a top 10 pick IMO. Moving up from 7 is not an option.

Move back some, take Howell.

People said this about guys like Herbert and Allen before the draft got closer. No, not all toolsy prospects turn out like them. But you want those tools. I think Willis is definitely a top 10 pick. Probably top 5. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

People said this about guys like Herbert and Allen before the draft got closer. No, not all toolsy prospects turn out like them. But you want those tools. I think Willis is definitely a top 10 pick. Probably top 5. 

I could see teams falling in love with Willis the same way teams fell in love with guys like Jake Locker and EJ Manuel.

Never underestimate the desperation of teams looking for QBs.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I could see teams falling in love with Willis the same way teams fell in love with guys like Jake Locker and EJ Manuel.

Never underestimate the desperation of teams looking for QBs.

Manuel and even Locker were nowhere near the athletes that Willis is imo, even though Locker was billed that way in the days before the modern super-athletes at the position. Most importantly he was a straight up bad college player that people really wanted to have higher potential due to his pedigree and bad college situation. He didn’t flash nearly as much as guys like Allen, Herbert, or even Willis from my memory. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Pretty funny that 2 teams who need a QB are going to pass in the top 5 and go with DEs. What kind of team does that?

Detroit has future picks from the Rams; so they can punt on qb to 23/24.  Since it maybe until after draft that the Watson situation is resolved; It may be 23 when Houston gets the Watson bounty, if he’s not in jail. So, they may ride with Mills for 22.

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Detroit has future picks from the Rams; so they can punt on qb to 23/24.  Since it maybe until after draft that the Watson situation is resolved; It may be 23 when Houston gets the Watson bounty, if he’s not in jail. So, they may ride with Mills for 22.

I think you missed his sarcasm. Or willingly ignored it :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, zskins said:

Oh the salt on the wounds. Hopefully Chase is not a bust. 😂

This is something worth talking about....He was a total bust this year after a decent rookie year. The best in the NFL (Bosa's, Watt's, Donald, etc...) make offensive coordinators have to gameplan around them, I'm not sure that's happening with Young....yet.

JDR has multiple 1st round picks to play with and that means he should be creating matchup problems every week. Why isn't or hasn't Chase been as impactful as Parsons has been with Dallas? For me it has to be the way he's being used. Parsons moves around the defense looking for mismatches and chances to make plays. We need to find ways to do this with Chase.

Let him line up on the same side as Montez and slide Allen over to DE with Ion and Payne in the middle. They should all be good enough to play anywhere on that line at times. Give offenses multiple looks to plan for. 

I must sound like a clown for suggesting this while JDR knows way more about football than I do but if Chase is that good then the coaches have to get him to play up to his potential. Next year this defense, especially Chase Young, has to be a top 5 defense and player in the NFL or we need to make changes....if not this offseason. 

• Like 4

On 12/29/2021 at 8:20 PM, kingdaddy said:

This is something worth talking about....He was a total bust this year after a decent rookie year. The best in the NFL (Bosa's, Watt's, Donald, etc...) make offensive coordinators have to gameplan around them, I'm not sure that's happening with Young....yet.

JDR has multiple 1st round picks to play with and that means he should be creating matchup problems every week. Why isn't or hasn't Chase been as impactful as Parsons has been with Dallas? For me it has to be the way he's being used. Parsons moves around the defense looking for mismatches and chances to make plays. We need to find ways to do this with Chase.

Let him line up on the same side as Montez and slide Allen over to DE with Ion and Payne in the middle. They should all be good enough to play anywhere on that line at times. Give offenses multiple looks to plan for. 

I must sound like a clown for suggesting this while JDR knows way more about football than I do but if Chase is that good then the coaches have to get him to play up to his potential. Next year this defense, especially Chase Young, has to be a top 5 defense and player in the NFL or we need to make changes....if not this offseason. 

If Chase played like Maxx Crosby he'd be top of the league. 

There's nothing wrong with this D. The players just aren't up to snuff. Remember when Collins moved to LB and Curl played more? Remember when Bostic was hurt and we saw more of Davis? It's been obvious that it's been personnel. 

Young needs to watch the best DEs in the league and start emulating them.