Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Ain’ts Drew Brees

TK
Message added by TK,

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 4.17.58 PM.png

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

C’mon man.

The defense made more plays this week than all season and set the offense up nicely a few times.  Heineke also put them in a very bad spot.

Were they bad? Absolutely.  Do they still have the same issues they had coming in? Sure.  We’re they helped at times by Winstons dreadful accuracy? Yup.

But the WFT won the time of possession 36-24 and the margin was larger than that until the end of the game.

The reversal of points from Heinekes two turnovers was 10-14.

You ignored my reasoning.  Look how many starters the offense is without compared to defense.  TH needs weapons to be successful.  He's not an upper tier QB (top ten).  But if you put some weapons around him he can make plays.  They're severely limited on offense right now.  Only a blind man couldn't see that Turner realized how limited their options are.  When you're #1 receiver can't get open and the rest of your receivers wouldn't start for the opposing offense, then you hand the ball off.  A lot.  

The defense was missing Bostic.  No great loss.  Look at all the #1 draft picks and Free Agency $ spent on the secondary.  Which is garbage.

So no.  I will not c'mon.  This team should be led by its defense.  Period.  That's where the $ and the draft capitol is.  That's also the healthiest part of the team.  

You may not want to hear it because of your hatred for a kid that no one expects to be our superman but you are wrong Sir.  The defense is the number one problem.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

The defense is the number one problem.  

No one is refuting that but doesn’t mean they’re the only problem. He had opportunities in the first half which could have changed the complexion of the game and he couldn’t get the job done. If he needs elite weapons all around him in order to succeed well then he’s no different than any other QB that couldn’t cut it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThomasRoane said:

You may not want to hear it because of your hatred for a kid that no one expects to be our superman but you are wrong Sir.  The defense is the number one problem.  

🤣 I know you get really emotional and defensive about your takes, but this is rather sad.

Sure, I hate Heineke, that’s what it is.  I poked my TH voodoo doll and made him throw those ducks to the other team.  It’s all my fault.

12 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

You ignored my reasoning.  Look how many starters the offense is without compared to defense.  TH needs weapons to be successful.  He's not an upper tier QB (top ten).  But if you put some weapons around him he can make plays.  They're severely limited on offense right now.  Only a blind man couldn't see that Turner realized how limited their options are.  When you're #1 receiver can't get open and the rest of your receivers wouldn't start for the opposing offense, then you hand the ball off.  A lot.  

The defense was missing Bostic.  No great loss.  Look at all the #1 draft picks and Free Agency $ spent on the secondary.  Which is garbage.

So no.  I will not c'mon.  This team should be led by its defense.  Period.  That's where the $ and the draft capitol is.  That's also the healthiest part of the team.  

This is how I see it too.

The offense struggled but it was to be expected. They aren't that talented going in and then lost their starting RT and starting WR2.  And the Saints have a top notch D.

16 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

This team should be led by its defense.

I agree about this part of your post for sure. But Taylor throwing picks in his own territory isnt helping the defense win anything either. 

Joey Bosa is a so much more refined pass rusher than Chase Young. Young has a TON of work to do to get to that guys level. A TON. 

Edited by clskinsfan

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree about this part of your post for sure. But Taylor throwing picks in his own territory isnt helping the defense win anything either. 

That was pretty much my point.  We all know the defense is bad and don’t know of anyone who would argue they aren’t.  

But to say they are 100% of the reason we lost is being disingenuous at best.  

• Like 1

Watching Dallas and NYG they each have big, fast WR's that DB's have to account for both their size and speed. When Gallup is healthy Dallas has 3 of them...NYG have 3 or 4 of them too. We have just one and it's Cam Sims who really barely counts cause he hardly plays. Defensively our speed at LB and lack of safety play is absolutely glaring. Shame on the coaches for continuously running Collins out there just to get burned deep. Next week we will give up 50 for sure. Mahomes should try passing left handed more in case he needs to do that down the road...we'd be a good team to try that against. 

BTW, between Fitz, Samuel and Jackson we struck out big time in free agency....at least to this point. Also, our coaches don't look up up to snuff compared to other play callers. We have the worst combination of injuries, coaching and bad talent that you almost can possibly have right now. We play home games knowing we're going to lose. It's beyond pathetic....I'm calling on Tonya Snyder to turn everything over and hold people accountable. 

New team name suggestion: 

Washington Sheep

Edited by kingdaddy
omission
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

🤣 I know you get really emotional and defensive about your takes, but this is rather sad.

Sure, I hate Heineke, that’s what it is.  I poked my TH voodoo doll and made him throw those ducks to the other team.  It’s all my fault.

I have a feeling this will be the theme of the week, pointing out he had a bad game equals hating him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Jesus Christ how did we and 4 other teams pass on Justin Herbert? The guy is frikin superstar. 

Nobody was talking about taking Herbert at #2.  It was either Chase or Tua.  Nobody in 2020 knew that Herbert was going to be the guy that the he is right now.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

No one is refuting that but doesn’t mean they’re the only problem. He had opportunities in the first half which could have changed the complexion of the game and he couldn’t get the job done. If he needs elite weapons all around him in order to succeed well then he’s no different than any other QB that couldn’t cut it. 

True, TH didn't have a great game, but its not like he's played like that all season, like the defense has. I wouldn't say he needs All Pro talent around him to succeed, but missing Logan today was big, and on top of that missing other WRs who he has been working with didn't help matters. 

One thing i noticed; he has much better success with McL on routes where he's running across the field vs running downfield away from him. Thats simply a distance thing that he will overcome with time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Jesus Christ how did we and 4 other teams pass on Justin Herbert? The guy is frikin superstar. 

Because he's over 6'1. 

This organization doesn't grasp the concept of a tall QB who has a better view of the field in the pocket. We prefer guys 5'6 so they can stare at their linemens' butts...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Than "nobody" ****ed up badly. 

The "nobody" was the fans, pundits, and the team.  It's revisionist history to say they should've drafted Herbert.  If they were heavily invested in a QB, they would've drafted one, but they were all in on Chase.  If they wanted a QB, they could've made a deal to go up get one, but that wasn't the plan last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SAli457180 said:

The "nobody" was the fans, pundits, and the team.  It's revisionist history to say they should've drafted Herbert.  If they were heavily invested in a QB, they would've drafted one, but they were all in on Chase.  If they wanted a QB, they could've made a deal to go up get one, but that wasn't the plan last year.

My jab was at the talent evaluators. Clearly the Chargers did a good job in their evaluation. They stole the best player in that draft at pick 6. We need to start drafting first round QB's until we hit. I am sick of watching noodle armed QB's play for us so we can draft "cant miss" DL prospects that are a miss. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

He’s no Deion.

No **** Sherlock.....I said that he's "looking like" Deion, not that he is Deion. 

But since we bringing it up, Deions best season INT wise, he had 7 in 1993..........Diggs got 5 INTs with 12 games left in the season. 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

No **** Sherlock.....I said that he's "looking like" Deion, not that he is Deion. 

But since we bringing it up, Deions best season INT wise, he had 7 in 1993..........Diggs got 5 INTs with 12 games left in the season. 

But no one would throw at Deion so those stats don’t matter......Sherlock