Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The ATL Birds That Need A Bath Team

TK
Message added by TK,

1375467994_ScreenShot2021-10-03at4_25_38PM.thumb.png.d8354ef598aff9fab283fcbf28b084e4.png

ooops...too easy a 2 minute drive when even your guys drop big gains a few times on the way down and it's still an easy score

and we had (cough) momentum!

we get the ball next...that's at least some time off the clock before they can score again 😛

• Sad 1

The secondary is slow and late on every play.

What exactly is there left for Landon Collins to not be good at?  He can't cover, can't tackle, can't bring anyone down after contact.  I keep waiting to see him do something....ANYTHING that stands out.

Edited by NoCalMike

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I used to kill Barry/Manusky and even Jay for this slop.  

What’s fair for the goose is fair for the gander.  

Chris Harris is supposedly a hot candidate around the league for D coordinator. I doubt that holds if the secondary keeps looking like a clown show.

I know J. Reaves isn’t fast but I’ve heard he was a real smart player. I wouldn’t think he’d be missed but it sounds like they are missing having a cerebral guy in the backfield considering all these coverage breakdowns 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I don’t know man, Collins starting position on that play out him in a difficult spot.  Covering a wideout starting ten yards away forces a sharp angle, which makes a cut back in space easy.  That’s a play the offensive player should be able to make, and why swarm tackling is important.  But this defense doesn’t get to the ball quickly.  

He did made an effort but lost him on the tackle though. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

The secondary is slow and late on every play.

What exactly is there left for Landon Collins to not be good at?  He can't cover, can't tackle, can't bring anyone down after contact.  I keep waiting to see him do something....ANYTHING that stands out.

I heard that he can burp the alphabet...