Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's the dumbest professional athlete?

Cooked Crack

With vaccine mandates in the news, athletes really being showing their asses. You've got those claiming the vaccine has a microchip in it and those still doing their own research. There are still the stereotypical dumb jock personas like Gronk. For me though I think Kyrie got the title.

FALL43_WUAEYHM4?format=jpg&name=large

Would rather that he was still talking about the earth being flat than spreading this nonsense about public health.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

JaMarcus Russell 

Akili Smith

Clinton Portis

Terrell Owens 

Heath Shuler 

Tim Tebow

Russell was entitled, didn’t put in the work, and squandered his opportunity.  But he did save Fats Domino after Katrina.  So he has that going for him.

https://lsusports.net/news/2005/09/02/186496/

36 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Russell was entitled, didn’t put in the work, and squandered his opportunity.  But he did save Fats Domino after Katrina.  So he has that going for him.

https://lsusports.net/news/2005/09/02/186496/

That's a great story, thanks for sharing.  I didn't have much respect for Russel before seeing this.  

There are a lot of Rickey Henderson stories out there... 

Like the time the team he was on was taking a bus ride and one of the players told him to sit in the front because he had "Tenure" as a veteran. And Rickey said something like, "Tenure? Rickey been in the league for 16-17 years!' 

He once causes a panic in the A's accounting department because he framed a million dollar signing bonus check instead of cashing it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

There are a lot of Rickey Henderson stories out there... 

Like the time the team he was on was taking a bus ride and one of the players told him to sit in the front because he had "Tenure" as a veteran. And Rickey said something like, "Tenure? Rickey been in the league for 16-17 years!' 

He once causes a panic in the A's accounting department because he framed a million dollar signing bonus check instead of cashing it. 

Rickey is not dumb, he’s…unique.  And deeply underrated, imo.  My favorite Rickey-ism is when he played for the Mets and talked to Jon Olerud.  Olerud played the field with a modified batting helmet because of a brain surgery when he was younger.  Rickey went up to him and asked him why.  Olerud explained.  Rickey said, “That’s crazy, man.  I played with a dude in Toronto who had the exact same thing.”  Henderson and Olerud were teammates in Toronto. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

These days? Kyrie - with the understanding that you have to be loud on some level to get acknowledgement for your stupidity. I’m sure there’s worse, but they keep relatively quiet. 

honorable mention - Kirk cousins. Don’t forget, in addition to the steaks and vaccine stuff, hes also dude who took a knee going into half when we needed to score/stop the clock…

honorable mention 2 - ryan lockty or whatever his name is. Swimmer that go in trouble for pissing all over a gas station among other dip****tery 

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Jamarcus Russell is a ****ing genius. He signed a contract worth $40 million guaranteed, then did none of the work. That is some Oceans 11 level heist ****. 

And he’s the grandson in law of Fats Domino and spent like 250K for a Seal helicopter team to rescue Fats off of his roof during Katrina.

For real.

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Rickey is not dumb, he’s…unique.  And deeply underrated, imo.  My favorite Rickey-ism is when he played for the Mets and talked to Jon Olerud.  Olerud played the field with a modified batting helmet because of a brain surgery when he was younger.  Rickey went up to him and asked him why.  Olerud explained.  Rickey said, “That’s crazy, man.  I played with a dude in Toronto who had the exact same thing.”  Henderson and Olerud were teammates in Toronto. 🤣🤣🤣

He’s unburdened of doubt which makes people more careful. Probably helped him steal a lot of bases, though. 

• Like 1