Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

from a cap perspective, trading him is a much better option than cutting him.   Even if we get nothing for him.   

The below says cut (pre-June 1), but those are the numbers if we trade him post June 1.

Current Contract

(UFA, signed 2021)
 (📝: indicates contract trigger occuring during that year)
Year Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus Roster Bonus Per Game Roster Bonus Workout Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
2021 29 $1,000,000 $3,000,000 $0 $750,000 $0   $1,000,000   $4,656,250 2.3%      
2022 📝 30 $5,000,000 $3,000,000 $5,000,000 $750,000 $250,000   $10,000,000   $13,812,500 6.4%  
$3,000,000
$10,812,500
2023 📝 31 $9,250,000 $3,000,000 $2,500,000 $750,000 $250,000   $0   $15,750,000 6.9%  
$3,000,000
$12,750,000

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Who wants to trade for Will Jackson? Y’all talk **** about the coaching staff but y’all are just as delusional as they are. 😆

Uhhh, who here said anyone wants to? 

pretty sure I didn’t say anything wrong here either @86 Snyder. But because it’s me, might as well “disagree”, right? Good lord. Just beyond laughable. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Listen up Cooleyfan…not into your semantic battles today. 😂

“Semantics” has nothing to do with it. You asked “who wants to trade for will Jackson” and called people here delusional, as if anyone here once claimed any team would want to trade for him. This isn’t difficult Lmaooo 

what could you POSSIBLY disagree with here, @86 Snyder? Or am I just a popular punching bag to you? If I said something you disagree with, please, go ahead and point it out to me. If not, back off, or just go ahead and do us BOTH a favor and put me on ignore. I’m getting sick of this ****

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Chalk WJ3 as another in a long line of big money FA busts this franchise has signed and didn't pan out.  He, Fuller, and McCain have been downright awful.  Don't what Rivera and Co. were thinking when they signed them

Fuller was good his first two years. Not sure why he's fallen off so hard this year.

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Saw that. Who would even want him? He’s trash! 

I wouldn't say he's trash. Just misplaced.

He played very well in Cincinnati, which is why they went and got him in the first place.

But he's a pure man corner they tried to shoehorn into a zone scheme, and he just didn't take. He was a square peg in a round hole.

It was foolish for them to aquire him to start with as he didn't fit their scheme.

Someone on the team didn't do their research.

I wouldn't be surprised though if he is traded to a team with a man scheme that he starts to do well again.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, method man said:

Age probably. The guy was always an average athlete at best for the position and used his brains to win. Now he's older

That doesn't make sense either because he only just turned 27 back in February. Literally your physical prime.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

Unrelated to the current conversation- when the hell is Chase Young coming back?

I think next week against Green Bay is a possibility

43 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

He played very well in Cincinnati, which is why they went and got him in the first place.

But he's a pure man corner they tried to shoehorn into a zone scheme, and he just didn't take. He was a square peg in a round hole.

It was foolish for them to aquire him to start with as he didn't fit their scheme.

I wouldn't be surprised though if he is traded to a team with a man scheme that he starts to do well again.

We play a ton of man(top 10 in the league last year)and he still sucked

15 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

So you think if we just had that 1 QB like Peyton manning it would fix 30 years of dysfunction?

YES!

9 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Chalk WJ3 as another in a long line of big money FA busts this franchise has signed and didn't pan out.  He, Fuller, and McCain have been downright awful.  Don't what Rivera and Co. were thinking when they signed them

Completely out on signing any free agent DBs for more than 2% of the cap. The variance in level of play for DBs is wild and unpredictable for 98% of them. 

5 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

This man vs zone usage… Where’s the truth in this? Can I chalk the this up to misplaced fan representation in attempt to simplify something not easily understood? I’ve seen the dude get burned in man as well. 

Not coming at you crazy, just curious if you have anything to back this claim up? 

If the film shows that Jackson is merely confused about zone schemes, that is one thing, but I see plenty of tape where he is covering someone seemingly one on one and the WR just blows by him pretty much uncontested.  It could be a safety  missing their assignment or something, but some of these routes that Jackson can't cover seem pretty simple.  It doesn't make sense. 

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If the film shows that Jackson is merely confused about zone schemes, that is one thing, but I see plenty of tape where he is covering someone seemingly one on one and the WR just blows by him pretty much uncontested.  It could be a safety  missing their assignment or something, but some of these routes that Jackson can't cover seem pretty simple.  It doesn't make sense. 

Right, never will I claim to know schemes inside and out, but the dude seems to get beat in all areas. The whole zone vs man gets a lot of play and provides an easy way to blame a bad organization, but most likely much more to it. 

I speculate it’s a confidence related issue. That position is wild man, to be consistently good might be the toughest position to do so. 

On 10/12/2022 at 7:12 PM, Rex Tomb said:

How did he go from above average to complete 💩 in two years.  Are we not using him properly?

I suspect he was never actually an above average player.  His AV scores in Cincy were in line with what a below average starter or back up caliber rotation player would accumulate.  I don't think he's ever been that good and I don't understand why he got paid in free agency.

• Like 1