Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

William Jackson won't be traveling to Chicago. He says it's because of a bulging disc in his back. Not sure if that's all there is to it or not. Rivera refused to acknowledge Jackson's back as the reason for his benching vs the Titans. I guess we'll get to see St Juste on the outside tomorrow night, where he excelled at vs Philly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

William Jackson won't be traveling to Chicago. He says it's because of a bulging disc in his back. Not sure if that's all there is to it or not. Rivera refused to acknowledge Jackson's back as the reason for his benching vs the Titans. I guess we'll get to see St Juste on the outside tomorrow night, where he excelled at vs Philly.

Would he have any trade value for another team?  Even if it just gets him off the books in future years, it would be addition by subtraction.  Over the Cap shows a dead cap hit of $3M in 2022.  Are their residential dead cap implications in future years?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Would he have any trade value for another team?  Even if it just gets him off the books in future years, it would be addition by subtraction.  Over the Cap shows a dead cap hit of $3M in 2022.  Are their residential dead cap implications in future years?

I'm not sure. I'm sure the Cincy version of WJIII had some nice trade value. Washington version, not so much, lol. He has been such a massive disappointment. Smh.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I'm not sure. I'm sure the Cincy version of WJIII had some nice trade value. Washington version, not so much, lol. He has been such a massive disappointment. Smh.

How did he go from above average to complete 💩 in two years.  Are we not using him properly?

2 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Music to my ears… done with WJ3, feel like St Juste could be a great find for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

How did he go from above average to complete 💩 in two years.  Are we not using him properly?

Music to my ears… done with WJ3, feel like St Juste could be a great find for us.

People say that we use zone too much and he excelled at man in Cincy. However we also play man sometimes too and he's gotten smoked in those situations as well 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Over four seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals, Jackson thrived in a man-to-man scheme but Washington’s primarily zone-based scheme is not a good fit. It simply amazes how often Washington picks up players who are just not a good fit for us.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

One thing is for sure. With no Jackson, there will be plenty of Wildgoose! I think he has some raw talent. I hope he shows some improvement.

I am not one to make fun of someone's name, but Wildgoose sounds like a good whiskey or a bad wine.

image.png.1f36b4d112fa89c945b755f2a7f5137f.png

:229:The Rook

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I understand why zone corners can't transition very well to man coverage, but it always baffles me when man coverage corners struggle in the zone schemes.  Maybe it is because they are so accustomed to covering a body/player that they struggle to cover a piece of field and then make a break for the ball/player after the fact.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

PacMan Jones who played with WJ3 in Cincy was dogging him in an interview I heard the other day.  Can’t remember exactly where it was.  He ultimately said without saying that WJ3 is dumb and needs to be told exactly what to do, that’s not happening in Washington, hence him getting worked regularly.

🤭

• Haha 4

@Captain Wiggles Those tweets are what he was being asked about.  They were curious if it was personal to be dragging him like that.  He said it wasn’t personal at all, who knows on that front.  But he definitely implied that WJ3 is dumb and needs a ton of direction to be successful - something he had from vets in Cincy.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1