Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Blue (not green) NY Football Team at Washington Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

loving Chase's post-game, on-field interview with JP. he's so infectious and even he was a little speechless at the ending. you can tell he rides hard for Heini. also admitted he and the D still didnt really deliver.

his MD accent makes me laugh soundin like folks from around the way lol. love that he's a local kid.

I like Chase and think he has a bright future. But his play has been severely lacking.

Having said that our coaching staff isn’t putting the best players on the field, either. 

Jamin Davis needs to get up to speed or have things simplified. He’s better than Bostic and Holcomb. 

Curl is a top 3-4 defensive player for us and he’s behind McCain and Collins. And even Kendall Fuller in man situations. 

We have this loyalty to guys just because and it drives me nuts.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

walk into Western NY and get a win?

Yes. Esp since you said we are decent....if you are a decent NFL football team you have a chance in any game and if you are the fan of such team you are better of expecting a win otherwise whats the point? thats just my opinion btw. I do think Heinicke gives us a chance to win in any game and if this defense can figure things out i like our odds to win away from the massively talented Bills..

My thoughts on the game...

1. We won.

2. No major injuries.

3. The defense has got to get better. We were expecting  dominance this season, but giving up 163 yards rushing is not dominance. It's alarming.

4. Terry McLaurin is the man. One of the best WRs in the league.

5. Taylor Heinike has his ups and downs, but it mostly up. 340 yards passing and 2tds. He and the offense are the main reason we won. Not the defense.

6. Division games are always crazy like this. Considering the fits the midgets usually give us  I'll take it.

7. Hopkins was clutch in the end.

8. I'd have more  but my food is getting cold. :)

Enjoy the victory everyone.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

What a game. Classic NFCE craziness. Normally the Giants win these crazy games against us. But Heineken was the difference. And our DL is completely overrated. All that draft capital invested In it and they have been underwhelming for sure. But a win is a win. 

*clears throat*

The D Line is not overrated.

The back 7 needs to be better and the offense has like -5 yards in the first quarter after two games.

Wait for it…

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

1. We won.

2. No major injuries.

3. The defense has got to get better. We were expecting  dominance this season, but giving up 163 yards rushing is not dominance. It's alarming.

5. Taylor Heinike has his ups and downs, but it mostly up. 340 yards passing and 2tds. He and the offense are the main reason we won. Not the defense.

6. Hopkins was clutch in the end.

I'd have more  but my food is getting cold. :)

Agree with all of this except the last one.  Hopkins is not clutch.  He consistently crumbles under pressure.  He did it again tonight.  Got bailed out by one of the worst penalties you will ever see.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

There was a series near the start of the 3rd(I think) where Bostic was in charge of the D alignments and he was reading the Giants plays like a book. Moved guys into better spots, sniffed out plays, it was an incredible series for him.

Hopefully Davis can learn from that tape as well

Yeah when he moved Curl up to the line.  Davis needs to play weak side and get up to speed.  Playing him right now at MLB is a mistake.

5 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

We have no identity at RB? Uh whut. Both Gibson and McKissic killed it tonight.

I’ts not about either player as much as it is that we can’t establish a sound ground game and stick to it. Neither of these two games was it necessary throw the ball as much as we did. Moreover, with four minutes left, we should’ve been able to grind it out, rather than turn the ball over on our end of the field with a mindless throw. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

1. We won.

2. No major injuries.

6. Hopkins was clutch in the end.

I'd have more  but my food is getting cold. :)

Other than that INT, what other down”s” did Heinicke have? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skins4eva said:

Agree with all of this except the last one.  Hopkins is not clutch.  He consistently crumbles under pressure.  He did it again tonight.  Got bailed out by one of the worst penalties you will ever see.

He was clutch in that he made the kick when he needed to at the end, bailed out or not.

Not saying he was clutch through the whole game.