Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

42 minutes ago, max21 said:

Jokes aside I might be bit of an outlier because I live 4 hours away, not sure if that’s good enough of an excuse or not but I would consider going more if I lived closer. I’ve been to FedEx 15+ times since 2010 and I’ve had way more bad experiences than good. Sometimes taking time off work, dealing with a majority of opposing ****ty fans, the overall cost of the weekend with getting a hotel, traffic, and for the most part product on the field isn’t worth it. Last time I went was NYE 2019 against the eagles and some fat POS eagles fan behind us spilled beer all over my girlfriend. It was literally 75% eagles fans, that was the nail in the coffin for me. I’ll much rather spend my money at Caps games where it is a much better experience there is countless things to do/bars/walking distance from the arena and you’re not in the middle of nowhere. I’m glad you have a good time but I’m perfectly content watching from home until they really start to be relevant or get a new stadium 

On another note, I AM going to the Caps/Pens game on Friday for free in my company suite.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

On another note, I AM going to the Caps/Pens game on Friday for free in my company suite.

That’s awesome, can’t beat that. We went to our first one since Covid 2 Fridays ago and Ovi scored a hat trick against Florida, as usual it was a great time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If people want to support them, GO. TO. THE. GAME. The team doesn’t need people supporting them from their couches, that isn’t going to help with homefield advantage. Show the **** up. Put aside hatred of Snyder and show the **** up. It’s not that difficult. Come the **** on, people. 

I know it's the Cowboys and the Skins are hot, but for this particular game right now the lowest on Stubhub is roughly 400 per seat, when you factor in fees. Uh no. Games like this are where STH are laughing at the rest of us.

I did miss a little bit of the late first half of the game yesterday when I was driving to work. I saw the replay of the PF  penalty called on the Raiders when their guy hit Taylor just as he was releasing the ball. And peeps want me to pay significant coin for a game with the league operating under rules like that? No thanks.

Edited by hail2skins

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Everything else is fluff.

I'm willing to bet most of the people who **** about FedEx have never been to a game at RFK.   

That, was a ****-hole.  Leaky pipes, pissing in troughs, no Jumbotron.  Traffic was a ****.  The only thing that made it bearable was the tailgating and winning.

^this.  It wouldn’t matter if they played in a parking lot if the team/franchise was good.

Not being tall enough to reach the trough meant you got tossed up on the sink and told “let’s go boy, piss in the sink.  Game’s not waiting on your little pecker”.  And a rousing ovation from fellow bathroom dwellers when you let it rip. 

Lot of issue inducing memories from RFK but loved every minute of it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

Never said I wasn't excited. 

Also never said I wouldn't support them.

I'd much rather watch the game with friends and family at my house on my 10 foot screen rather than waste a full day at FedEx giving Snyder any of my money.

I just watched last weeks game from Aruba last week and made it a priority to do so with 2 other die hard redskins fans.

So you can **** right off trying to call out someone's fandom because they don't want to waste a full ****ing day at a ****ty stadium giving Danny hundreds of dollars.

Sorry to offend you and trigger your potty mouth. Clearly you are happy go lucky and enjoy the team.

I find folks that brag about the size of their TV screen and number of friends are not worried about a thing.

Glad you are excited about the team. Personally I absolutely think fandom can be questioned but I understand some folks want to include everyone. I get crapped on all the time on here for attending games. So I admit I did/do get a little defensive.

As for Money to Danny. He gets a lot more money from TV than he does for ticket sales especially when you say you got the tickets for free! 

No matter what I definitely prefer fans who don't go to games more than those that get tickets then sell to Cowboys fans. But I guess questioning their fandom is wrong too. Please advise?

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Hoover-ball said:

Sorry to offend you and trigger your potty mouth. Clearly you are happy go lucky and enjoy the team.

I find folks that brag about the size of their TV screen and number of friends are not worried about a thing.

Glad you are excited about the team. Personally I absolutely think fandom can be questioned but I understand some folks want to include everyone. I get crapped on all the time on here for attending games. So I admit I did/do get a little defensive.

As for Money to Danny. He gets a lot more money from TV than he does for ticket sales especially when you say you got the tickets for free! 

No matter what I definitely prefer fans who don't go to games more than those that get tickets then sell to Cowboys fans. But I guess questioning their fandom is wrong too. Please advise?

Cheers!

How much did you pay for your Bucs tickets and how much total money did you spend at that game?

I don't care how much money he makes from TV.  He's not getting a penny of my money no matter how little it may be.

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

How much did you pay for your Bucs tickets and how much total money did you spend at that game?

I don't care how much money he makes from TV.  He's not getting a penny of my money no matter how little it may be.

I always tailgate so I also pay for parking but I never get anything inside. I don't know anyone that does not want Snyder to leave, but I also do not know any football fan of any team that goes to a game BECAUSE they want to give money to the owner. Even with a great owner has anyone said "I really want this billionaire to get some of my money"? I also believe fans of the team not going to the game will have no impact on his ownership. I think this team has tested that theory don't you. Opposing fans just fill in and lies cover his ego. 

Snyder has ruined a lot for me (and all of us) but I really enjoy tailgating and seeing a game live. I will not let him control my life and prevent me from tailgating. I do feel like cheering at the stadium has impact on the team and I am happy to give that to the team. 

Many folks prefer to watch from home and I do not begrudge anyone that. To each their own. But it was you that said you would not go for free. So why are we talking about money to Snyder? 

I started my first post with "If you can't get excited by this team" and you answered that you do. My bad for coming on strong but I take you at your word and I am glad you are enjoying this run. Aruba sounds like a great place to watch a game. Enjoy. If you were here and got free tickets I still do not understand how you would not want to see Dallas week and scream your head off but as I said to each their own. Some of us really want to be there. So if you do get the free tickets pass them to a fellow fan.

4 hours ago, max21 said:

Jokes aside I might be bit of an outlier because I live 4 hours away, not sure if that’s good enough of an excuse or not but I would consider going more if I lived closer. I’ve been to FedEx 15+ times since 2010 and I’ve had way more bad experiences than good. Sometimes taking time off work, dealing with a majority of opposing ****ty fans, the overall cost of the weekend with getting a hotel, traffic, and for the most part product on the field isn’t worth it. Last time I went was NYE 2019 against the eagles and some fat POS eagles fan behind us spilled beer all over my girlfriend. It was literally 75% eagles fans, that was the nail in the coffin for me. I’ll much rather spend my money at Caps games where it is a much better experience there is countless things to do/bars/walking distance from the arena and you’re not in the middle of nowhere. I’m glad you have a good time but I’m perfectly content watching from home until they really start to be relevant or get a new stadium 

Understood completely.   I don't blame people for staying away, whatever the reason.  I respect that.

4 hours ago, hail2skins said:

When I went to well over 100 games during the first 20 seasons, I found leaving the stadium to be pretty much a breeze BECAUSE I did race to leave after the gun.

And I never found traffic getting there to be horrible, as we usually came in from DC via South Cap/Central Ave. The one thing I wish they somehow could've done a better job with was how they administered parking. I'm not a tailgater, and don't have sympathy who wait to arrive until the very last minute, but I dont consider being AT the stadium an hour before kickoff "very last minute," and just found finding a space more of a hassle than it needed to be, particularly these days when they're charging $50-60 per game to park.

But I'd imagine things have improved on that front in recent years with the decreased attendance. It'll be interesting to see the number this weekend, given it's the Cowboys and our recent win streak. I was there in 2018 for Dallas, place was full, and they announced 66K. Was not there in 2019 and they announced 76K. That's what Jason Wright was referring to in his recent Junkies interview when it came to discrepancies in attendance reporting.

Agreed.

Should be a lot easier to park these days 🍻

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

If you were here and got free tickets I still do not understand how you would not want to see Dallas week and scream your head off but as I said to each their own. Some of us really want to be there. So if you do get the free tickets pass them to a fellow fan.

I am here now got back Saturday.  I thought I explained it pretty well why I don't want to go to the game even for free tickets. 

I haven't been to a game since 2011 and don't plan on going back until this team can sustain a non-losing season for at least 2 seasons in a row.  So maybe next year will be my first game I go to in a long time.  I haven't missed a game that I've been able to watch since then though.  I did miss 2 games this year since I was in the air flying to/from St. Thomas during the games.  I simply had no option.  I almost was able to catch some of one of the games on the way home but our flight was delayed and the Sunday Ticket wasn't working on the plane until after the game was over due to being in international waters.

Generally speaking, calling anyone's fandom into question who is on this website is pretty stupid.  We're all here on this forum because we are die hards who want nothing more than this team to succeed.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Generally speaking, calling anyone's fandom into question who is on this website is pretty stupid.  We're all here on this forum because we are die hards who want nothing more than this team to succeed.

I told you to get another team if they don't make you excited. And I stand by that. You questioned how that made you a fan. I think you have a guilty conscious. Stop letting Snyder control you. Have fun. It's Dallas week!

On 12/6/2021 at 2:40 PM, stoshuaj said:

^this.  It wouldn’t matter if they played in a parking lot if the team/franchise was good.

Not being tall enough to reach the trough meant you got tossed up on the sink and told “let’s go boy, piss in the sink.  Game’s not waiting on your little pecker”.  And a rousing ovation from fellow bathroom dwellers when you let it rip. 

Lot of issue inducing memories from RFK but loved every minute of it.

I'm old enough to remember RFK.  It was a dump, for sure.  

But what you and @Skinsfan1311 are leaving out is that practically every stadium back in those days was a dump.  Or a lifeless concrete circle.  No one really knew any better.  It's different today.

I agree, winning fixes practically everything but that doesn't mean that the Fed Ex game day experience wouldn't still suck.  Fed Ex would still probably be the worst stadium in the league.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm old enough to remember RFK.  It was a dump, for sure.  

But what you and @Skinsfan1311 are leaving out is that practically every stadium back in those days was a dump.  Or a lifeless concrete circle.  No one really knew any better.  It's different today.

I agree, winning fixes practically everything but that doesn't mean that the Fed Ex game day experience wouldn't still suck.  Fed Ex would still probably be the worst stadium in the league.  

It definitely depends on expectations. I was like Skinsfan1311 when I attended the games at FedEx (through 2018) in that once I got to the stadium, I was there to watch the game, and didn't need a lot of the bells and whistles.

Skinsfan1311 also gets to sit in the 200s, which are probably the seats where the experience hasnt been impacted much at all in the 25+ years of the stadium. Thanks to the dream seats, patrons in the 100 level have to stand, and now the club and upper levels are half-empty, which really degrades from the experience if you're looking to share in crowd excitement.

I do think the team's lack of success in the past three decades has had a lot to do with the attendance issue. Mike Phillips (in the article I linked to) mentions Carolina and Denver as stadiums roughly the same age as FedEx that still apparently draw healthy crowds, but doesn't recall that both teams squared off in a Super Bowl not terribly long ago.

I grew up going to Veterans Stadium, so to Spiffs point about all stadiums being dumpy concrete circles back then, agreed. That place was an absolute ****hole, but it was still pretty awesome.

I went to a bunch of games at FedEx and didn't think about if it was a nice stadium or not. I went in to watch the game and yell my ass off, but then I went to the Linc and was blown away by how much nicer that was.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I grew up going to Veterans Stadium, so to Spiffs point about all stadiums being dumpy concrete circles back then, agreed. That place was an absolute ****hole, but it was still pretty awesome.

I went to a bunch of games at FedEx and didn't think about if it was a nice stadium or not. I went in to watch the game and yell my ass off, but then I went to the Linc and was blown away by how much nicer that was.

Remember back in '98, shortly after FedEx opened, my mom and I went to a Redskins-Eagles game here. She took the train back to Philly and overheard a couple Eagles fans talking about how nice our stadium was.

The next year we got club seats, and a few years later (2003) went to the first ever Redskins-Eagles game at the Linc, and also had club seats for that game. The presentation and offerings of the club level at the Linc were much better than those of FedEx at the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Remember back in '98, shortly after FedEx opened, my mom and I went to a Redskins-Eagles game here. She took the train back to Philly and overheard a couple Eagles fans talking about how nice our stadium was.

The next year we got club seats, and a few years later (2003) went to the first ever Redskins-Eagles game at the Linc, and also had club seats for that game. The presentation and offerings of the club level at the Linc were much better than those of FedEx at the time.

I've only been to FedEx and the Linc and it's not remotely close, but the Linc is a lot newer. The Vet, JFK and the freaking Spectrum were glorious disasters. :ols:

This is a big game, don't blame Snyder or how crappy the stadium is for not wanting to go, we go to the game to support the team just say it for how it is and be frank that you don't want to go to the game because your couch and hdtv is a better experience for you. Im going to the game im going to yell and scream for this team to WIN, I could care less about dan Snyder or how crappy fed ex is, this is a big game and im excited for going so either get on board or just don't come, in fact what the hell is the point of bashing the stadium on a WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM forum, it leads to others who have never been to not wanting to go go post your crap in the tailgate or on the cowboys forums im sick of it. 

We all know the stadium conditions its been open for 20+ years, no point in beating a dead horse continually its 2021 now.

Edited by CjSuAvE22

3 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

This is a big game, don't blame Snyder or how crappy the stadium is for not wanting to go, we go to the game to support the team just say it for how it is and be frank that you don't want to go to the game because your couch and hdtv is a better experience for you. Im going to the game im going to yell and scream for this team to WIN, I could care less about dan Snyder or how crappy fed ex is, this is a big game and im excited for going so either get on board or just don't come, in fact what the hell is the point of bashing the stadium on a WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM forum, it leads to others who have never been to not wanting to go go post your crap in the tailgate or on the cowboys forums im sick of it. 

We all know the stadium conditions its been open for 20+ years, no point in beating a dead horse continually its 2021 now.

How much less could you care Dan or how crappy fedex is?

A little bit less?  A lot more less?

Please do tell.

5 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Dan Snyder is the primary reason I choose to stay away, and I'm sure many fans feel the same way.

2 weeks ago they found the fan who pushed Gerald Everret back onto the field when he did the leap into the crowd.  When he was interviewed on 106.7 the Fan,  they asked him if he goes to a lot of home games and he said that he attends very very few because he doesn't want to line the pockets of you know who.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ananoman said:

Dan Snyder is the primary reason I choose to stay away, and I'm sure many fans feel the same way.

2 weeks ago they found the fan who pushed Gerald Everret back onto the field when he did the leap into the crowd.  When he was interviewed on 106.7 the Fan,  they asked him if he goes to a lot of home games and he said that he attends very very few because he doesn't want to line the pockets of you know who.

When I lived in NC I would go up for 3 to 5 games a year. Sat in CLub level with my brother in law, paid for parking, ate there and everything. I have not been to FedEx field since the Seattle Playoff game at the end of 2012. I have seen them since then, in Seattle once, in Atl a few times. But I will not go to Fedex again unless it's the POs. And that's to support the players not him. Also it would really have to be the NFL Championship game - so not likely to be this year. That will not change until Dan Snyder no longer owns the team. Unfortunately I will likely die before that happens. 

I could see myself going to Tampa if we end up playing them. I play golf there everyone Christmas/NY holiday season. Love the area. Still hate Tom Brady 🙂  

Oh yea, **** Dan Snyder! 

Let's ****ing gooooooo all hands on deck wish I could be there...fill those seats Washington football team fans!!!!!

57 minutes ago, ananoman said:

Winning will cure this..with all do respect...good for that fan for coming forward!!!