Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else beyond frustrated??

Giddy4Gibson

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

I completely disagree with this statement.  Our cupboard is bare.  Who exactly on offense would you say has lots of talent aside from McLaurin?  Our offensive line is average at best.  Our supposed WR2 is always injured.  If Rodgers were here we might be 4-3 and that is being generous.  I just don't see why he would even remotely be interested in coming here.  0% chance he does.

The Oline is an asset, not average at best. Who knows what their ranking is, but they can pass and run block well. 

Mcclaurin is an elite asset. 

Gibson is putting up consecutive productive years. 

Sprinkle in professionals like Thomas and Mckissic, not great or elite but pros. 

Wild card talent in Samuels. 

Money to burn to pick up another WR target if needed. Look at the group Rodgers is playing with now, nothing great. Who cares, I don’t believe he comes here either. They’d be in the running though. 

This team would be 6-1 or 5-2 with Rodgers. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

The latest power rankings have the WFT ranked 27th in the league...only 5 teams ranked worse. Something tells me we are waaaay more than a QB away from being good again. We are getting next to nothing out of our free agent signings. Terrible. 

Well, to balance that out, they are getting next to nothing out of the draft picks too.;):806::(

:229:The Rook

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Aaron Jones is a top 5-7 RB in the league so I will completely disagree with you there, no way Gibson and McKissic are close to Jones/Dillon.  They also have Adams who might be the best WR in the league.  You can make the argument that we might have the better depth at WR and TE but I don't see a major upgrade.  Are Brown, Sims, and Humphries that good?  And if your players are always injured I would say that is a mark against their conditioning.  I guess our OL is better than GB I will give you that. 

You play too much FF if you think that of Aaron. He's an average RB who poaches a lot of TDs in the redzone. He's had one triple digit running game and was never the kind of RB who was a bell cow. He had one monster TD year and that's it. He's not great and I could EASILY think of 10 RB I'd rather have over him (CmC, Cook, Harris, Henry, Taylor, Chubb, Hunt, Kamara, Ekelor, Javonte Williams).

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

You play too much FF if you think that of Aaron. He's an average RB who poaches a lot of TDs in the redzone. He's had one triple digit running game and was never the kind of RB who was a bell cow. He had one monster TD year and that's it. He's not great and I could EASILY think of 10 RB I'd rather have over him (CmC, Cook, Harris, Henry, Taylor, Chubb, Hunt, Kamara, Ekelor, Javonte Williams).

I was sort of following you until you said you would rather have Javonte Williams over Jones.  

Jones knows his role in the offense and he plays it well.  He is a great receiver out of the backfield and can hit the accelerator button better than anyone in the league.  If they need him to carry the ball 20+ times a game he could easily do that and produce, but Green Bay spreads the ball around a lot.  

Just now, abdcskins said:

I was sort of following you until you said you would rather have Javonte Williams over Jones.  

Jones knows his role in the offense and he plays it well.  He is a great receiver out of the backfield and can hit the accelerator button better than anyone in the league.  If they need him to carry the ball 20+ times a game he could easily do that and produce, but Green Bay spreads the ball around a lot.  

I think Javonte is going to be an absolute star in this league. He's shown glimpses of it this season both rushing and receiving. Notice I didn't even include the names of Eliot, Barkley, Sanders, Robinson, Etienne, Mixon, Harris, Swift, Carson etc. I think he maybe lumps into that group of good but flawed RBs.

It's hard to say what formula could make the current roster perform better.  The make up of every NFL team is so unique with how they assemble not just the blue chip players but the back ups who find ways to make a difference in 3-4 plays a game.  

I look at players like Gibson and Dyami Brown, how fast they are with the ball in their hands, yet there never seems to be plays drawn up specifically to utilize those talents.  If Gibson doesn't have the body to take the beating of a more traditional RB, then find other ways to utilize him because it's as clear as day that aside from the minor fumbling issues he's developed lately, he is a threat every time the ball is in his hands.   Brown has speed and can get open, but if he is struggling with routes, then simplify his role instead of having him constantly running around the field not open.

And those who say a top tier QB wouldn't make a difference, that is nonsense, usually these top QB's have maybe 2-3 skill position players that stick around but the rest of the roster are turn-styles due to the salary cap.  You watch enough games with those QBs and the reason they can make WR3's productive is because of their ability to throw the ball in tighter windows, throw WRs open, etc etc etc....those aren't skills or at least not consistently displayed skills of all 32 starting QBs in the league. 

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I completely disagree with this statement.  Our cupboard is bare.  Who exactly on offense would you say has lots of talent aside from McLaurin?  Our offensive line is average at best.  Our supposed WR2 is always injured.  If Rodgers were here we might be 4-3 and that is being generous.  I just don't see why he would even remotely be interested in coming here.  0% chance he does.

We could have the NFC offensive pro bowl team and still be under .500 with our defense. We also have no clue in the redzone on how to punch the ball across....and when we do have chances to score we make mental mistakes, fumble or drop passes. And these are our best playmakers making these mistakes. This team needs to improve its focus across the board, too many guys just happy to be in the league and not getting the job done. That's on Ron and that includes assistant coaches who need to be held accountable for underperfoming; especially JDR.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I look at players like Gibson and Dyami Brown, how fast they are with the ball in their hands, yet there never seems to be plays drawn up specifically to utilize those talents.  If Gibson doesn't have the body to take the beating of a more traditional RB, then find other ways to utilize him because it's as clear as day that aside from the minor fumbling issues he's developed lately, he is a threat every time the ball is in his hands.   Brown has speed and can get open, but if he is struggling with routes, then simplify his role instead of having him constantly running around the field not open.

I would suggest dealing for Marlon Mack and have Gibson fill the role that Samuel was supposed to play to finish out this season. Mack will be a true NFL RB while we can create ways to get the ball to Gibson in open space like you suggest. Gibson is not showing that he's a true NFL back over the course of a full season....at least not to this point. He needs a Kareem Hunt to share the load like they do in Cleveland. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

You can be ego-driven and a good guy.  I just don't think he'd want to spend his twilight years here as it would stain his good name.

You guys are a classy franchise IMO. You guys won almost as many Superbowls as us. You guys got good fans. If Rodgers goes there I hope he turns you guys into a Super Bowl team.

1 hour ago, WEARE1554 said:

Aaron Rodgers Tuesday are the absolute best!!

It is for sure.

1 hour ago, ThePackisback said:

You guys are a classy franchise IMO. You guys won almost as many Superbowls as us. You guys got good fans. If Rodgers goes there I hope he turns you guys into a Super Bowl team.

It is for sure.

This aínt Madden 2022 unfortunately. Joe Montana in his prime would barely make it .to 500 here.

There's a clear dearth of talent all around. Has been like this for at least 10 years. The problems here are systematic, deeper in nature.

Take a look at the Redskins teams when we still commanded some kind of respect around the League. Not the 80s greats, but the Snyder years. Some of those team were loaded because the people making decisions actually managed to use their moral influence to lure in good to very good players to DC and build a team.

I sincerely believe RR wants to do the same thing, but the putrid stench of the FO extends beyong his reach. He's a man of integrity.

Money is not the sole factor in this equation.

Edited by El Mexican

This thread is hilarious to me. I'm enjoying the heck out of games this year. No we're not winning but who thought we'd have more than 2 wins by mid season? JP and BMitch had a segment and most callers we're saying 1 or 2 wins. It's been a murders row. But our QB has made plays. He's made mistakes too but he's rallyed us and moved the ball well. I think that soon enough we'll have an emergence of Cam Sims because they'll realize that Brown isn't ready. I'm just enjoying that we're not looking as bad in the field as we do off. 

I'm sticking with Taylor and hopefully we can draft a young guy to develop behind him. Frustrated with Danny boy. Yep. But the play off the team, nah it's about what I expected

Elite QBs make mediocre rosters look good each and every Sunday. Rodgers, Wilson, and until recently Brees have all dragged mediocre rosters and players to prominence for years. Now we’re the WFT so nothing could ever make a serious franchise but in normal cases for normal franchises, an elite Qb like Rodgers would have us at 5-2 or 4-3 easily. Tampa has pretty much the same roster they had when they sucked with Jameis…they get Brady and look what happens. The QB definitely can make that difference. If Rodgers ever considered us (out of pity of course), if you weren’t interested, I’d question your football knowledge. 

37 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm sticking with Taylor and hopefully we can draft a young guy to develop behind him. Frustrated with Danny boy. Yep. But the play off the team, nah it's about what I expected

I like Taylor too and can recognize that our talent on offense seems limited. The D is the unit letting the team down the most, even when you factor in the limitations that teams are allowed to play defense in this lame league anymore.

I agree that before the season games like KC and GB were going to be penciled in as losses. But at some point RR has to EXCEED expectations, and that was not done in the first five games. The Saints without Brees are nothing special, and you probably could've found away to beat the Chargers. Heck, we only barely squeaked out both games we did win, and only beat the garbage Giants because some doofus jumped offsides.

Just think as fans we'd like more to be mired into this "ending up at .500" is good enough mindset. When will our 11-6 or 12-5 season happen?

Edited by hail2skins
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hail2skins said:

I like Taylor too and can recognize that our talent on offense seems limited. The D is the unit letting the team down the most, even when you factor in the limitations that teams are allowed to play defense. 

I agree that before the season games like KC and GB were going to be penciled in as losses. But at some point RR has to EXCEED expectations, and that was not done in the first five games. The Saints without Brees are nothing special, and you probably could've found away to beat the Chargers. Heck, we only barely squeaked out both games we did win, and only beat the garbage Giants because some doofus jumped offsides.

Just think as fans we'd like more to be mired into this "ending up at .500" is good enough mindset. When will our 11-6 or 12-5 season happen?

We are 2 and 5 but were close to 4 and 3 because we had late leads against LA and NO. So it's not like we folded. The others were just bad games. And even in two of them we showed some fire. Buffalo was bad. It's not about the when will it 11 win season come, it's just a statement of fact. But our offense does look better right now and if our defense can improve in this second stretch of the season before the division closing we can look good. 

Or if not we can look forward to the draft and try to get Willis.

36 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

If Rodgers ever considered us (out of pity of course), if you weren’t interested, I’d question your football knowledge. 

How much would we be trading for someone closing in on 40?  The fact Alex Smith and Fitz both ended their careers to injury here, im turned off from much older QBs now.  Our training staff is garbage and our field tears players up.  Its not a straight forward, unquestionable move, and this is if he even wants to come here (which i doubt)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Elite QBs make mediocre rosters look good each and every Sunday. Rodgers, Wilson, and until recently Brees have all dragged mediocre rosters and players to prominence for years. Now we’re the WFT so nothing could ever make a serious franchise but in normal cases for normal franchises, an elite Qb like Rodgers would have us at 5-2 or 4-3 easily. Tampa has pretty much the same roster they had when they sucked with Jameis…they get Brady and look what happens. The QB definitely can make that difference. If Rodgers ever considered us (out of pity of course), if you weren’t interested, I’d question your football knowledge. 

Yep.

The truth is football is an individual sport disguised as a team sport. It really just comes down to your QB. There are some rare exceptions, like the Lions not being able to win even with an elite talent like Stafford, but that speaks more to how dysfunctional the Lions are.

Look at the Bengals. Complete dumpster fire organization but they get Joey Burrow and now they're the #1 team in the AFC through seven games. The Chargers aren't some top notch franchise either but they get Justin Herbert and they look like contenders.

If you don't have a GUY at QB then you're basically screwed. The Bucs roster before Brady got there was loaded and they only managed to win seven games and our roster ain't even close to that.

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

How much would we be trading for someone closing in on 40?  The fact Alex Smith and Fitz both ended their careers to injury here, im turned off from much older QBs now.  Our training staff is garbage and our field tears players up.  Its not a straight forward, unquestionable move, and this is if he even wants to come here (which i doubt)

Who cares? If you’re trading for Rodgers, you’re trying to win in the next 2-3 years. 

Also, you can always acquire more picks. Maybe trade some of these vaunted Dlinemen? You can’t pay them all. 

Regardless, i wouldn’t be concerned. The Rams and Saints literally pull cap gymnastics and draft solid players in less than ideal draft positions out of their asses every year. Why can’t we? (The answer is bc we’re WFT of course but you get my point) 

9 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Who cares? If you’re trading for Rodgers, you’re trying to win in the next 2-3 years. 

Emphasize "trying"

Also, you can always acquire more picks. Maybe trade some of these vaunted Dlinemen? You can’t pay them all. 

So trade for Rodgers then damage our strength on defense to make up for it?  How much are you willing to sacrifice to make this happen when Wilson could on the trade block as well?  I dont want to trade a bunch of first rounders, but if I had to pick one I'd rather get Wilson, he'll be here longer.

Regardless, i wouldn’t be concerned. The Rams and Saints literally pull cap gymnastics and draft solid players in less than ideal draft positions out of their asses every year. Why can’t we? (The answer is bc we’re WFT of course but you get my point) 

Jus shot yourself in the foot there, all the more reason not to do this.  

3 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

You guys are a classy franchise IMO. 

Have you not been reading the news?

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Joe Theismann Alex Smith situation is enough to push me away from wanting a star qb here. 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Emphasize "trying"

So trade for Rodgers then damage our strength on defense to make up for it?  How much are you willing to sacrifice to make this happen when Wilson could on the trade block as well?  I dont want to trade a bunch of first rounders, but if I had to pick one I'd rather get Wilson, he'll be here longer.

Jus shot yourself in the foot there, all the more reason not to do this.  

“Strength of our defense” lol. Two issues with that:

1) they are are a strength in the same sense that simply being a sentient, living being is technically a strength for Taylor Heinicke 

2) I really don’t care. In the modern NFL, I’d do anything to get an elite QB. DLinemen are inconsequential in comparison. Giving them all big contracts is worse asset management than trading your next 3 drafts for Rodgers or Wilson. 

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

“Strength of our defense” lol. Two issues with that:

1) they are are a strength in the same sense that simply being a sentient, living being is technically a strength for Taylor Heinicke 

Huh, we were #2 defense last year because of that line.  Thats exactly what you need to pair with an elite QB to win rings.

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

2) I really don’t care. In the modern NFL, I’d do anything to get an elite QB. DLinemen are inconsequential in comparison. Giving them all big contracts is worse asset management than trading your next 3 drafts for Rodgers or Wilson. 

No, you are suggesting trading some from the dline to get picks we lost in a trade for either Wilson or Rodgers.  We shouldn't do that, take our L and protect the talent we have because the cheap influx will slow down jus like when we did the RG3 trade.