Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else beyond frustrated??

Giddy4Gibson

3 hours ago, London Kev said:

Herbert was a lot better than I thought and our tackling was a lot worse than I thought, but the one question I have is; when did Ryan Fitzpatrick turn into Alex Smith?

All off-season we've heard about the energy that Fitz has brought to the team, how he's got this "**** it I'm going deep" mentality that sometimes works and sometimes fails. But when his time came, he wasn't Fitzmagic or Fitztragic, he was Fitzcaptaincheckdown. I don't think he targeted Terry Mac or Thomas once, electing instead to only hit Gibson out of the backfield. I don't get it.

From the preseason to now, he looks washed. 

Not frustrated at all. In fact, I was surprisingly apathetic to losing yesterday. Not sure if it's just the "I'll believe when I see it" mindset I have now whenever they get hyped as being a team to watch, or if it's just being over the NFL in general. I used to watch every pre and post game show, every game I could catch, knew all the players on every team, etc. But the last couple years, the only team whose roster I study is Washington's, and I only turn the games on right at kickoff, and shut them off as soon as the games end. No more interest in Goodell's nonsensical brand anymore. Don't care about the between game drama, the merchandise, the constant marketing, etc.   

As far as Fitzpatrick goes - the whole situation is reminiscent of a movie plot that I can't quite recall right now. But it's about a brash, confident hero who comes in to save the day for a long beleagured people, and within minutes of attempting to save the day, he's killed by the monster. The people, who were momentarily happy because they thought they found their savior were like, "well...****."     

4 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Coulda, shoulda, woulda - could of had Herbert. This team felt a hopefully, game changing DE was more important than a QB. Herbert definitely had more impact on the game than our stud DE.

At that time the team thought Haskins was going to be this top 10 franchise qb. That's what frustrates me and it will take years to get over that pick. Worst draft pick in years. We lost a second rounder to trade up for Sweat and then lost our perfect opportunity at #2 to take a real qb instead awful Haskins. And I wouldn't say we definitely would have taken Tua because of his hip injury.  Herbert was there and we missed him because of poor past decisions.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Daniel.redskins said:

At that time the team thought Haskins was going to be this top 10 franchise qb. That's what frustrates me and it will take years to get over that pick. Worst draft pick in years. We lost a second rounder to trade up for Sweat and then lost our perfect opportunity at #2 to take a real qb instead awful Haskins. And I wouldn't say we definitely would have taken Tua because of his hip injury.  Herbert was there and we missed him because of poor past decisions.  

Worst first round draft pick since Michael Westbrook.

8 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Exactly- and we have Dan Snyder to thank for all of this.

I'm extremely ****ing pissed off can't ****ing stand being soooo ****ing cursed year in year out..can't keep a ****ing thing..can't have anything nice....allllll the hype and this is what we get on the field?....now if the chargers go on to win that divison and the sun shines on a big ****ing fat ****ing ass dog and we turn **** around a I'll eat crow and b enjoy the season...but yeah I'm.****ing pissed off with the curse!!

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

How bad is it?  30 years ago I would never ever miss a game.  I would re arrange my schedule to make sure of it.  This week, the WFT is playing on Thursday night, the same night that I have Bible study.  You know what?  I'm going to make the Bible study and just miss part of the game.  This franchise just ain't worth it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ananoman said:

How bad is it?  30 years ago I would never ever miss a game.  I would re arrange my schedule to make sure of it.  This week, the WFT is playing on Thursday night, the same night that I have Bible study.  You know what?  I'm going to make the Bible study and just miss part of the game.  This franchise just ain't worth it.

Maybe if we all went to Bible study this team wouldn't be so disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Frustrated? No.

I vented my frustration here when I saw the first few games with Haskins. As some have said, that has got the be the worst pick in decades by any team. Ever.

At least we got something out of Heath Shuler. Something.

From Haskins we only got the middle finger and some blurry pics with some girls I would not call attractive.

This season means little to nothing to me. When they announced the Fitzpatrick hiring I knew the good vibe we still had after the TB loss would dissappear quickly.

And it did. About 20 minutes into the season.

Edited by El Mexican

I definitely think the fanbase is experience a constant "when will it be our turn" syndrome with this franchise.  You look at the NFC East, and the fact that the same team hardly ever wins the division two seasons in a row.  The difference when WFT wins the division lately, it is because the entire division suffers some kind of catastrophic meltdown and the stars align.

Philly was awful last season and then come out and throw 30+ on the board against the Falcons.  Where did THAT come from?  The NYG are the NYG....but again, you expect them to eventually rebound in a season or two.

WFT seems to be the one constant where every single opening week game they are struggling to score points and hoping they can outlast their opponent for a win.  Was RG3's rookie season the last time there was a real buzz about the team after Week 1?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, London Kev said:

Herbert was a lot better than I thought and our tackling was a lot worse than I thought, but the one question I have is; when did Ryan Fitzpatrick turn into Alex Smith?

All off-season we've heard about the energy that Fitz has brought to the team, how he's got this "**** it I'm going deep" mentality that sometimes works and sometimes fails. But when his time came, he wasn't Fitzmagic or Fitztragic, he was Fitzcaptaincheckdown. I don't think he targeted Terry Mac or Thomas once, electing instead to only hit Gibson out of the backfield. I don't get it.

"Fitz-NAP-trick"

• Haha 2

Man no one is invested in this team like they use to be. I would get mad at the world when this team would lose a game, now, it is to be expected. I will say this though, I feel the team has finally found a foundation not so much in Ron Rivera but a team President, General Manager, and etc a true front office. With that being said, a quarterback is needed be it trade or draft. Second, granted the Football Team won the division last year, the front office must hold the coaching staff accountable. For once I can say in 30 years this team has some talent and drafted talent at that. It is time to make some progress. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ananoman said:

At least the church stops sticking it to you after you hit puberty.

i-kid-putin.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Skins3000 said:

For once I can say in 30 years this team has some talent and drafted talent at that. It is time to make some progress. 

I don't see it, on Offense we have one receiver that can play....in 2021 u need 3 receivers that can play the game and be dependable week in week out. Our running backs can't stuff the line on blitzes but I guess they are good pass catchers and Gibson can have some nice runs, Our O line is maybe average at best and the tight end is a project that's sorta working out. Defensively our secondary and linebackers are below average, I guess we do have an ok D Line that can stop the Andy Daltons/Nick Mullins/Whoever Philly benched Hurts for last year...but anyone versus anyone decent this defense can't beat....Murray Mayfield Jackson Goff Jones Stafford Bridgewater Wilson Brady all beat us...this is who we beat Dalton/Dinucci, Wentz, Burrow/Finley, Berger, Mullens, Hurts/Sudfeld....I mean we lost to a Daniel Jones led Giants team twice last year...

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Skins3000 said:

Man no one is invested in this team like they use to be. I would get mad at the world when this team would lose a game, now, it is to be expected. I will say this though, I feel the team has finally found a foundation not so much in Ron Rivera but a team President, General Manager, and etc a true front office. With that being said, a quarterback is needed be it trade or draft. Second, granted the Football Team won the division last year, the front office must hold the coaching staff accountable. For once I can say in 30 years this team has some talent and drafted talent at that. It is time to make some progress. 

It's still real early. They will do well this year. 

This management group gets a guaranteed 4 years. Third year is the time for questions. 

We get tired of the cycle repeating, but they are still in their early-building years.

COVID didn't allow for a normal offseason and Rivera was also a coach of the year candidate his first season. 

They want to build before getting a QB and therefore it's not prime time yet. They are still a year or two away from that. They would have accelerated the timeline with Stafford, however that didn't happen.

They have improved the roster. Calls for accountability are just way too early. 

Edited by Silvernon
  • Like 1

We haven't been able to stop a team on third down since 1994......how in the flying **** is that even possible! I get so pissed when its 3 and 23 because all of our players go sit 24 yards deep and we get ****ed everytime. That frustrates me to the point of heart palpitations. HTTWFT!

11 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I definitely think the fanbase is experience a constant "when will it be our turn" syndrome with this franchise.  You look at the NFC East, and the fact that the same team hardly ever wins the division two seasons in a row.  The difference when WFT wins the division lately, it is because the entire division suffers some kind of catastrophic meltdown and the stars align.

Philly was awful last season and then come out and throw 30+ on the board against the Falcons.  Where did THAT come from?  The NYG are the NYG....but again, you expect them to eventually rebound in a season or two.

WFT seems to be the one constant where every single opening week game they are struggling to score points and hoping they can outlast their opponent for a win.  Was RG3's rookie season the last time there was a real buzz about the team after Week 1?

Even Dallas. They haven’t won a thing in decades, but they have had very good seasons where they were at least a threat. 

Edited by No Nonsense

Yeah I'd love a season where we're like 8-3 and actually pushing for a potential bye or #1 seed. Every year we make the playoffs we have to go on crazy win streaks at the end just to squeak by.

2005: 5-6 start. Had to win 5 in a row for the Wild Card.

2007: 5-7 start. had to win 4 in a row for the Wild Card.

2012: 3-6. Had to win 7 in a row for the NFC East.

2015: 5-7. Had to win 3 in a row for the NFC East(clinched with a week to spare because it was another super crappy NFC East).

2020: 2-5. Had to finish 5-2 to win a historically bad NFC East.