Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else beyond frustrated??

Giddy4Gibson

1. I think as the season plays out, the Chargers will show that they're a fantastic squad and will beat a ton of very good teams. 

2. It was week one. I've always regarded week one as being a time when nobody can judge any team. Look at the Packers.

3. Ron Rivera is not shaping up (here in DC) as a coach who coaches well in the late 4th quarter.

4. Our LB corps is too young for anyone to expect consistent play.

5. St. Juste and Jamin Davis are rookies and got spanked by a very formidable Charger WR/TE corps. Expect more of this. In fact, expect more of this on Thursday night.

6. Despite my "no-panic" frame of mind, we could go 0-5 or worse unless we turn things around dramatically on Thursday night. 

• Like 1

The game didn't look good, but change 3 simple plays and we win.  

1) The refs call the early face mask against our RB.  It would be first and goal at the 6, instead of second and 11 at the 13.

2) our RB is not called for a face mask on the horse collar play.  We have first down in fg range. RBs often straight arm to a defender's face mask with no call.

3) stop them on third and 16 late in the fourth quarter.  This play was crushing to me.

Bonus 4) our RB doesn't fumble at our three yard line.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

1) The refs call the early face mask against our RB.  It would be first and goal at the 6, instead of second and 11 at the 13.

2) our RB is not called for a face mask on the horse collar play.  We have first down in fg range. RBs often straight arm to a defender's face mask with no call.

3) stop them on third and 16 late in the fourth quarter.  This play was crushing to me.

Imagine if the Chargers fans did this same type of exercise and how much more they would have won by.

• Like 6

All you can do is laugh at this point.  No reason to get angry, frustrated, or upset.  This is the norm under Snyder.  A terribly ran organization, a few mediocre "winning" seasons thrown in every 4 or 5 years, and an owner who has helped bleed this fanbase dry with his ineptitude, pettiness, and toxicity.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

All you can do is laugh at this point.  No reason to get angry, frustrated, or upset.  This is the norm under Snyder.  A terribly ran organization, a few mediocre "winning" seasons thrown in every 4 or 5 years, and an owner who has helped bleed this fanbase dry with his ineptitude, pettiness, and toxicity.  

Lol--Tanya will turn this around!!  In all seriousness, as much as I like Rivera as a leader of men, we looked like we were running a scheme from 1995 on offense yesterday (same on defense).  Coaches really let this team down, and there's no fix for that.  The fact that we let Sean McVay walk out the door is one of many things in an ever increasing list of things that will haunt and continue to haunt this franchise.  They literally cannot shoot straight.  When we stumble upon some modicum of success every now and then, file it under the "a broken clock is right twice a day" adage.  

Edited by skins4eva
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

everyone on the roster should be tradeable if it'll help make us better in the long run... If it's a qb we're missing, go for Deshaun Watson (pending legal suit). If we're leaving the middle of the field open, trade for a MLB (not Bostic). If it's the OC, get rid of his ass. We're always 'middle of the road' which doesn't help anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wait till we play the hapless giants and blow their doors off and everyone is like playoffs here we come.

This team going back to last year, is not consistent on any side of the ball that doesn't feature Tres Way.  Until they fix that.... nothing more can be done.

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

everyone on the roster should be tradeable if it'll help make us better in the long run... If it's a qb we're missing, go for Deshaun Watson (pending legal suit). If we're leaving the middle of the field open, trade for a MLB (not Bostic). If it's the OC, get rid of his ass. We're always 'middle of the road' which doesn't help anyone. 

WHo replaces Turner though? I get the play calling seemed uninspired, but there are no good solutions there if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I don’t think Mcvay being here would have changed much of anything these past couple of years. In fact, he would have already been shown the door and already be an offensive play caller somewhere. 

Exactly.  The issue ins't the coaching staff. Its the owner

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I don’t think Mcvay being here would have changed much of anything these past couple of years. In fact, he would have already been shown the door and already be an offensive play caller somewhere. 

Only so much you can do without a QB.

To our credit, word on the street is we tried a lot of ideas for trades before signing Fitz. A for effort, GD if he's actually done, that's jus bad luck.

• Like 1

Herbert was a lot better than I thought and our tackling was a lot worse than I thought, but the one question I have is; when did Ryan Fitzpatrick turn into Alex Smith?

All off-season we've heard about the energy that Fitz has brought to the team, how he's got this "**** it I'm going deep" mentality that sometimes works and sometimes fails. But when his time came, he wasn't Fitzmagic or Fitztragic, he was Fitzcaptaincheckdown. I don't think he targeted Terry Mac or Thomas once, electing instead to only hit Gibson out of the backfield. I don't get it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Only so much you can do without a QB.

To our credit, word on the street is we tried a lot of ideas for trades before signing Fitz. A for effort, GD if he's actually done, that's jus bad luck.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda - could of had Herbert. This team felt a hopefully, game changing DE was more important than a QB. Herbert definitely had more impact on the game than our stud DE.

But, all things considered with this organization, McVay wouldn't be here anymore. QB or not. There is way more than just coaching for the head coaches of this team. He would have been micro-managed and not given an opportunity to grow. But, alas, we will never know. But, the last 30 years have shown a pattern.

Also, if we had gotten Herbert, I don't know that he would have gotten the proper tutelage under Turner. We will see if Turner ever gets a shot at a young QB.

I think also sometimes we look at last year's playoff berth to base 2021 expectations off off when in reality its the 7-9 record in arguably the worst division of football that is the better indication.  The Cowboys look better than last season, even if Dak wouldn't have been injured.  The Giants still look atrocious.  The Eagles....well after 1 game they certainly look better but we have to wait and see on them. 

I keep wondering why Washington didn't try to sign K.J.Wright (former Seahawk). 

Did Washington really have that much confidence in Bostic? 

Bostic had an embarrassingly bad game yesterday -- it hurt to watch how badly he was playing --i.e.,  guessing wrong, lost in space, couldn't cover, missed tackles, etc.  😕

5 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

Bonus 4 is more like the play that changed the game… easy 7 for the Chargers. 

I just don’t even know what to think, I was excited for this year. The excitement is basically all gone already, I like Taylor but I think he’s not good enough to lead us for a whole season. I was ready for a dominant defense and hoping for decent play from Fitz, ugh 

Nah, I'm used to watching them win the East and then nosedive the next season.

24 minutes ago, max21 said:

I just don’t even know what to think, I was excited for this year. The excitement is basically all gone already, I like Taylor but I think he’s not good enough to lead us for a whole season. I was ready for a dominant defense and hoping for decent play from Fitz, ugh 

i want Taylor to be the Unknown Hero soooooo bad. But in reality he's basically the same kind of "Who?" QB that comes off the other team's bench and exposes Washington's Defense before fading back into obscurity.