Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Justin Herbert's Chargers @ Ryan Fitzpatrick's Team

88Comrade2000

I think we win 24-13. I think we can definitely run the ball on them and they'll have a bit too much rust. I also like our secondary against their offense. Their Oline is shaky right now.

Neither of their starting tackles have practiced much this offseason and I believe they're both new.

• Like 1

Shawn Merriman just on air predicting Chargers 34, WFT 24.

My prediction WFT 28 Chargers 24.

I think this matchup is so telling.  Both arguably good teams with them being chic favorites for some as being climbers this season and some think these teams are overrated-pretenders. 

My major wildcards for this season (that i think this game could give a window for) are:

A.  Fitz I liked the signing but his play can be a roller coaster.  So he adds some unpredictablity to every game.

B.  The defense -- lives up to their billing or is it overrated?  Yep they can beat down the Andy Dalton, Mullens type but can they stop the big boys?

C.  Loved Gibson before the draft.  Still love him.  Can he emerge as a stud this season?  I think he can but I need to see it play out

D.  They have to beat Giants.  We can't get swept by them again IMO and still win the division.  Enough of them owning this rivalry. 

I recall years back there was a period where we all thought this defense could be really good but when they were up against Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, etc they were lit up like they were garbage.  I suspect this defense is for real.  But I'll confess Brady carving through our defense like a hot knife through butter makes me wonder about how they fare against the really explosive offenses.  I know they can stop the scrubs but can they stop the studs?  I think yes but I want to see it first. 

Herbert is no Mahomes.  He's good.  But if this defense is for real, they can't let him steamroll them.  If that happens what will go down when they face Rodgers, Mahones, Brady again, etc.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think we end up cutting bait with Samuels after the season.

Wouldn't make sense. He's young and still an important piece going forward. Just unfortunate for this year, but I'd rather have him 100% healthy for 2022 when I think we're really gearing for a run. 

• Confused 2

On 9/7/2021 at 10:59 AM, Vanguard said:

I’m already over Samuel.  I want to focus on the players that are there and ready to play for us.  If he plays, ok, if he doesn’t I’m focused on the guys that are there. 

But it sucks to have to go this route.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think this matchup is so telling.  Both arguably good teams with them being chic favorites for some as being climbers this season and some think these teams are overrated-pretenders. 

My major wildcards for this season (that i think this game could give a window for) are:

A.  Fitz I liked the signing but his play can be a roller coaster.  So he adds some unpredictablity to every game.

B.  The defense -- lives up to their billing or is it overrated?  Yep they can beat down the Andy Dalton, Mullens type but can they stop the big boys?

C.  Loved Gibson before the draft.  Still love him.  Can he emerge as a stud this season?  I think he can but I need to see it play out

D.  They have to beat Giants.  We can't get swept by them again IMO and still win the division.  Enough of them owning this rivalry. 

I recall years back there was a period where we all thought this defense could be really good but when they were up against Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, etc they were lit up like they were garbage.  I suspect this defense is for real.  But I'll confess Brady carving through our defense like a hot knife through butter makes me wonder about how they fare against the really explosive offenses.  I know they can stop the scrubs but can they stop the studs?  I think yes but I want to see it first. 

Herbert is no Mahomes.  He's good.  But if this defense is for real, they can't let him steamroll them.  If that happens what will go down when they face Rodgers, Mahones, Brady again, etc.

People seem really confident that they can score on our defense.  I’m not confident about that.  I definitely don’t see 30.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah. He isn’t going to play this season. 

great FA signing there......

****ing sucks...im already planning on him not playing this year..another year of just terry...exactly why I think if we have any kind of offense at all it won't be until a little later... our only chance at winning the division is if nobody wins again this year LOL..****ing **** **** piss me off 

Oh and I've been meaning to ask did Curtis Samuel injure his groin during minicamp or did he get signed with the groin injury still lingering?

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

****ing sucks...im already planning on him not playing this year..another year of just terry...exactly why I think if we have any kind of offense at all it won't be until a little later... our only chance at winning the division is if nobody wins again this year LOL..****ing **** **** piss me off 

Oh and I've been meaning to ask did Curtis Samuel injure his groin during minicamp or did he get signed with the groin injury still lingering?

Probably got the groin injury celebrating that night of the signing… heyooooo

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Suddenly the depth corp at WR isn't looking so strong. Maybe time to look at a John Brown for the year.

Actually I think it is specifically because of our WR depth that we can weather 3-4 games without samuel. 

Our offense was so putrid last year we are all but certain to exceed production by quite a bit. 

• Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gone are the days of defenses stopping elite offenses or at least expecting them to. Sure, it still happens, but shouldn’t be counted on. 

Making it tough on them, dominating for a Quarter or half; Getting a critical 3 and out, TO, forcing long drives/shortening the game is what I expect. This could still lead the Chiefs putting up 31 points, but if Washington is in it to the end, good day by the defense. 

Not disagreeing as I agree with statement that the defense can’t let the steamroll them. My non negotiable is run defense— a defense can still dominate in this area and as I know you agree Washington must got leaps and bounds better. 

44 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Gone are the days of defenses stopping elite offenses or at least expecting them to. Sure, it still happens, but shouldn’t be counted on. 

Making it tough on them, dominating for a Quarter or half; Getting a critical 3 and out, TO, forcing long drives/shortening the game is what I expect. This could still lead the Chiefs putting up 31 points, but if Washington is in it to the end, good day by the defense. 

Not disagreeing as I agree with statement that the defense can’t let the steamroll them. My non negotiable is run defense— a defense can still dominate in this area and as I know you agree Washington must got leaps and bounds better. 

Sure, I don't expect an old school shut out or close to it.  But keep them in the 20s.  Said in another way, I don't want this SD team to look just as good against this defense as they would against any other.

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think so too.  But the difference is their QB seems to be a budding superstar and their coaching staff is super impressive and innovative.

It's kind of remarkable how many piece of their team have come together in a relatively short amount of time.  They've got the WR and QB and LT triumvirate on offense.  They've got a hellacious looking secondary plus a franchise edge rusher.

To me, their path to being a homegrown Superbowl contender is pretty clear.  Their foundation is fully built and they can basically just keep adding BPA type value additions whenever they fall into their lap.  Our path is much murkier.  We need a huge stroke of luck like Aaron Rodgers or DeShaun Watson coming here.

My prediction: LAC 21 - WFT 13

• Haha 1