Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Justin Herbert's Chargers @ Ryan Fitzpatrick's Team

88Comrade2000

I don't like our chances if we don't establish the run.  Their pass defense looks like it's going to be good.

Herbert's running ability keeps them from being one dimensional on offense.  Slater, Bulaga, and Linsley are nice upgrades to their line, and Linsley is a terror in the A gaps.  And Ekeler and Kelly aren't bad runners.  But I still wouldn't fear their run game at all against our line if not for Herberts ability to run.  We need a huge game from Landon Collins. We need to play three safety formations and we need Collins to kill Herbert when he runs.  And we need the freaking rush to get home--no Carson Wentz impressions on us this time.

Hopefully Jamin plays more than Bostic this game.  This does not seem like a Bostic game.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 2

I think the chargers are gonna be a very good team this year (Super Bowl preview? 😁).   Good young qb, weapons in Allen/ekeler, good offensive mind in Lombardi, good young defensive minded head coach, impact defenders.  It's a tough first test for the skins. Happy it's on the east coast at 1, I'll take any advantage we can get.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:53 AM, Vanguard said:

We’re underdogs for this game according to odds makers, I can’t wait!

When I first saw +1, my first thought was that's great value for us, having focused more on our own offseason and how I am so excited for this team.  We are going to be a tough team to beat.  But as I've read up more on LA as the season approaches, I'm not so sure that's great value on us.  It wouldnt be a total shocker to see their offense be even better than last year, with an upgraded o-line to neutralize our strength, and also see Fitz have some struggles in the new offense vs Staley/bosa/James and co. 

I wouldnt be shocked with either a double digit win or a double digit loss.  Tough game to gauge, but it's not hard to vision winning that game, and it's nice to go into games with that feeling again. Its been awhile.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 12:22 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

I mean, to be fair, his rosters were pretty atrocious.  Also, wasn't 2019 the year we played the Dolphins and dominated on defense with Rosen starting, then almost lost the game when Fitzpatrick came in?

Yup. I was there. Pretty sure both teams were 0-5