Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Justin Herbert's Chargers @ Ryan Fitzpatrick's Team

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Two parts of that article that shocked me.  First, the level of empowerment that they (and New Orleans) give their quarterbacks is astonishing.  They have a truly collaborative relationship and their coaches have no egos.  Second, he comment that Drew Breed had to study his playbooks constantly to memorize everything but Herbert only needs to say it a couple of times before he's memorized it.  They said it's like the beautiful mind with him.  That part had me shook, I didn't realize he was that smart.  And he was already figuring out stuff about how to feel out the coverages and play upon instinct without having to think at an NFL level.  Putting an elite football mind on someone with the body and talent of a Josh Allen or Carson Wentz, and then giving him great coaches and a good supporting cast is a formula for success.  He's going to be one of the best QBs in the league soon.  It feels like the first time I heard Pat Mahomes give an interview, heading into his second season, and realized Holy ****, this kid is going to be amazing.

In the here and now, I think the Chargers will move the ball on us.  Herbert's mobility and that run--pass visual marriage will slow our rush.  Linsley vs Payne is also going to be a super important match up because Linsley is arguably the best run blocking OC in the game and we can not be having big A gap creases or else we're screwed.  We have to spill their run game wide because the strength of our back seven is pursuit speed and we'll have trouble with play action and rpos if they are able to get big yardage with inside zone.

Offensively, the only way we will score is if we establish the run.  Our passing game sucks and their back seven is loaded and is one of the most physical groups in the NFL.  This defensive scheme demolished us last season when we played the Rams, and that group was even more top heavy than this Chargers D.  The way we keep that from happening again is by moving the ball on the ground.

I guess I don’t follow that their back seven is loaded. Derwin James is a star. Outside of that, Samuel is a rookie, Adderley was horrendous last year, Chris Harris isn’t the guy he was in Denver bc of age, and Davis was pretty eh. Their LBs look no better than ours tbh and digging into the data, it bears that out. And I completely disagree about the Rams. Maybe they have a bunch of guys you liked during their respective draft processes. 

IF they can keep Bosa from reaping too much havoc, I think we should be able to move the ball at an average rate. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wanna bet money the offense struggles?

What’s up with people around here betting against Washington doing well? Your kind of “sky is falling” fandom isn’t really needed around here. They struggle and lose so you can brag about saying “I told you so”? 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

What’s up with people around here betting against Washington doing well? Your kind of “sky is falling” fandom isn’t really needed around here. They struggle and lose so you can brag about saying “I told you so”? 

Your not needed around here..I'm entitled to my own damn opinion...my opinion is that the offense will struggle tremendously..it's not what I hope for its what I predict..

Chargers 23

Washington -3

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How does it not make sense? He said he’ll do that every single game this year (meaning he’ll bet every single game this year that they score more than 10 points). 

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Your not needed around here..I'm entitled to my own damn opinion...my opinion is that the offense will struggle tremendously..it's not what I hope for its what I predict..

Chargers 23

Washington -3

Nah, it's what you're hoping for. I've been around here long enough to know some would rather be able to brag about being bitterly right than brag about being pleasantly wrong.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Nah, it's what you're hoping for. I've been around here long enough to know some would rather be able to brag about being bitterly right than brag about being pleasantly wrong.

It's not what I'm hoping for..absolutely not and don't tell me otherwise...how dare you try my fandom...every single game Washington goes into I am hum ho negative Nancy and everytime Washington wins...don't **** with my mojo..

So we have terry m and thaaaaaaaaaaaan?.at wr...a bunch of un provens...we can only hope d brown has half the type.of season terry did his rookie year..the o line looked ok during pre season...pre season...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I guess I don’t follow that their back seven is loaded. Derwin James is a star. Outside of that, Samuel is a rookie, Adderley was horrendous last year, Chris Harris isn’t the guy he was in Denver bc of age, and Davis was pretty eh. Their LBs look no better than ours tbh and digging into the data, it bears that out. And I completely disagree about the Rams. Maybe they have a bunch of guys you liked during their respective draft processes. 

IF they can keep Bosa from reaping too much havoc, I think we should be able to move the ball at an average rate. 

I agree. James is a stud and appears to be healthy but beyond that nobody in that Charger back seven scares me.

Bosa can wreck a game though. Gonna need to double team him consistently.

Their interior stinks. Should pound Gibson all day.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Good lord. Can’t just let fans be fans in their own way huh? Have to just be the fan police i guess. If some people are negative about the offenses chances, thats their right. 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Their interior stinks. Should pound Gibson all day.

Dunno, I think Linval is still a pretty good interior run stuffer.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Good lord. Can’t just let fans be fans in their own way huh? Have to just be the fan police i guess. If some people are negative about the offenses chances, thats their right. 

I guess I just don't understand it. If we were halfway, no, if we were ONE Game into the season then I'd be a little more understanding, but the ridiculous highs and lows without playing a single snap bug the **** out of me. From having potentially one of the greatest draft classes in sports history to having one of the worst offenses, it's just mind-blowing to me how quick people make wild assumptions with absolutely nothing to base it off of. It's almost like some have never watched football before, let alone a Washington football game. Most rarely own up to their declarations. 

59 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I guess I just don't understand it. If we were halfway, no, if we were ONE Game into the season then I'd be a little more understanding, but the ridiculous highs and lows without playing a single snap bug the **** out of me. From having potentially one of the greatest draft classes in sports history to having one of the worst offenses, it's just mind-blowing to me how quick people make wild assumptions with absolutely nothing to base it off of. It's almost like some have never watched football before, let alone a Washington football game. Most rarely own up to their declarations.

I missed a couple games this past year,  outside of that I haven't missed a game since 2003 2002. So I watch plenty of Washington football, I am just predicting and I hope I am completely wrong, and will totally eat crow if I am, that the offense will struggle, the offense will struggle the first half of the year and I think the rookie wide receiver and the other young wide receivers come around and we start producing. I don't play Fantasy Football like most of you here and for the most part I'm not here during the game posting stuff so all my focus is on watching the Washington football team.

Edited by bakedtater1

21 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I guess I just don't understand it. If we were halfway, no, if we were ONE Game into the season then I'd be a little more understanding, but the ridiculous highs and lows without playing a single snap bug the **** out of me. From having potentially one of the greatest draft classes in sports history <SNIP>

Wait, who said that we did?  This past April?  I don't follow all the things so I don't know that this actually happened or if it's sarcasm.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Ooooh, I thought you were referring to a talking head or "analyst" giving a draft grade, but that makes more sense given the context.

Nah, just talking from here. We certainly live up to the Extreme part. I'm not different as i'm extremely funny and extremely perceptive (but only moderately handsome).

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sort of it.  I think its going bigger than that.

Wait, you're not saying what I think you're saying, are you? That his blood is the cure for cancer and that during the offseason he went back in time and killed baby Hitler?!??!

38 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I was a member here for a long time but rarely posted because of this behavior. I got tired of the homers and how posters were attacked for posting critical comments. It's gotten better but it's obviously still here. 

Nobody here is actually rooting for the team to be bad so they can show up on Monday to say "I told you so" to a bunch of anonymous posters on a message board.  Some of feel this team is just not as good as many here believe and they should be allowed to post those thoughts without being attacked.  By the way I share that opinion. This team still has a lot of holes. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I missed a couple games this past year outside of that I haven't missed a game since 2003 2002 so I watch plenty of Washington football I am just predicting and I hope I am completely wrong and will totally eat crow if I am that the offense will struggle the offense will struggle the first half of the year and I think the rookie wide receiver and the other young wide receivers come around and we start producing I don't play Fantasy Football like most of you here and for the most part I'm not here during the game posting stuff so all my focus is on watching the Washington football team

Holy run-on sentence Batman 

• Haha 2