Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Justin Herbert's Chargers @ Ryan Fitzpatrick's Team

88Comrade2000

have no clue where the "gameday" thread is for tonight. And I am too drunk to look for it. But anyone that doesnt think Tom Brady is the the goat is delusional. 3 throws on that TD drive were incredibly special. Dak has been shaky. Should be expected though. And Micah Parsons looks lost. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

have no clue where the "gameday" thread is for tonight. And I am too drunk to look for it. But anyone that doesnt think Tom Brady is the the goat is delusional. 3 throws on that TD drive were incredibly special. Dak has been shaky. Should be expected though. And Micah Parsons looks lost. 

In the ATN. This is where all non-WFT stuff happens. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

This is a little misleading.  Defensive success put the offense in better positions to score points.  If the D gets a Pick-6, that TD goes into the points-a-game stat.  The 20.9 points a game we scored last year was 25th, but our defense definitely contributed to that.  With a league average defense, I'm sure we'd be well below 20 points a game.

Our defense scored two TDs last year didn't they? Dont see that making a significant impact to be down to lucky to score 10 points a game like he was saying. If we subtract the defense contribution from our team and others where does that put us? Lucky to score 10 points a game seems hyperbolic to me.

• Like 1

Jumping some games ahead, based on last night, both Tampa and Dallas won't be easy.  We played Tampa last time without them having Vea and White.   The last time I saw Vea against this O line it was ugly.  Dak sadly looked better than ever.  Good thing its later in the season.  Do they stay healthy?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Oh, I've run into that exact thing more than a few times over the years I've been here.

Meh. You can't read their minds, you don't know that they were at home openly rooting against the team they care enough about to post regularly on a team message board just so they can post "I told you so".  If they  aren't as good as many feel they will be yeah I may point out in December that I was right in August. That hardly means I spent 4 months at home openly rooting for it to happen.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jumping some games ahead, based on last night, both Tampa and Dallas won't be easy.  We played Tampa last time without them having Vea and White.   The last time I saw Vea against this O line it was ugly.  Dak sadly looked better than ever.  Good thing its later in the season.  Do they stay healthy?

I think Chase may have nightmares from watching this.  Roullier that is.

Edited by Chris 44

44 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Meh. You can't read their minds…

You rather strongly seemed to believe you could:

”Nobody here is actually rooting for the team to be bad so they can show up on Monday to say "I told you so" to a bunch of anonymous posters on a message board.”

Now you’re saying you really don’t know if that’s true or not? Or that your perceptions are valid on their face but mine require verified proof first?

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

”Nobody here is actually rooting for the team to be bad so they can show up on Monday to say "I told you so" to a bunch of anonymous posters on a message board.”

Now you’re saying you really don’t know if that’s true or not? Or that your perceptions are valid on their face but mine require verified proof first?

When the ego is in control, I doubt nothing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I've made the same point before.  I presume the same applies with others here but you never know.  For me, it gives me so much joy to win and so much misery to lose, it would feel comical for me to root for anything to go bad with this team just so I could say i told you so on a thread.  I root for every player even those I am not as high on. 

Also, the prediction-I told you so stuff to me is so hit and miss.  We all get some things right and some things wrong.  If anyone of us was Nostradmas as far as making predictions about players and or the team we then should stop what we are doing here and instead making millions doing this as a full time profession.  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've made the same point before.  I presume the same applies with others here but you never know.  For me, it gives me so much joy to win and so much misery to lose, it would feel comical for me to root for anything to go bad with this team just so I could say i told you so on a thread.  I root for every player even those I am not as high on. 

Also, the prediction-I told you so stuff to me is so hit and miss.  We all get some things right and some things wrong.  If anyone of us was Nostradmas as far as making predictions about players and or the team we then should stop what we are doing here and instead making millions doing this as a full time profession.  

We can't lose. If we win and make playoffs, we break the Snyder curse. If we lose and suck, we have a high enough draft pick to get that qb.

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've definitely experienced times here on ES when some fans are almost giddy that the team or a player failed so that they can puff out their chest. However, if they are just as giddy to say they need to eat crow and were completely wrong--even if just for a game--I don't view them as someone who actively roots against the team/player just to say they were right.

My litmus test tends to be: if a fan becomes angry and defensive when called out about their dire predictions being wrong, they probably were hoping to be proven right more than they were hoping the team would win. Those who take a "yeah, I ****ed up on that" attitude when they're wrong tend to get a virtual pat on the back, handed a virtual beer, and immediately forgotten and forgiven. That's most of us, usually. But there are some stubborn mf'ers as well lol...

Hopefully the Bucs vaunted defense getting sliced up in the pass game helps carve out more realistic expectations for the Washington defense. 

Still can dominate possessions against the elite, but extremely difficult to keep great offenses in control for the entirety of a game.

My fandom hopes the 5-2-4 defense wrecks the league next season akin to the 4-6 in the 80s or the Ronnie Brown led Wildcat with Dolphins. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Fair enough. I was a little inconsistent with my comment about reading minds. But I will never believe a fan who cares enough about a team to post regularly on a message board is actually rooting for them to do poorly just so they can show up and say I told you so. I think that's utter nonsense.

Now with that said if things play out the way I predicted before the season started, comments many people took issue with, I will point it out at the end of the year. But that hardly means I'm rooting for it to happen. That's just crazy talk.

Peace.

Just now, HigSkin said:

Just heard an interesting stat.  First year head coaches in their first games are 1-12-1.  If the holds, bodes well for WFT this weekend.

Let me guess - the one and only win, by a first year coach in his first game, was against us

22 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I've definitely experienced times here on ES when some fans are almost giddy that the team or a player failed so that they can puff out their chest.

or so they can fantasize about next year's draft slot...even though it's only the 2nd game of the season...😂

48 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Curtis Samuel heading to short term

IR. Out for 3 weeks. Surgery not on the table though. 

And don't say that "S" word around Rivera.

He will bark at you.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Didn’t we win in week 1 last year in Rivera’s first game as our head coach? Or does that record not include coaches that leave a team and coach for another team?

I mean we do have a pretty lengthy history, across coaches, of being the homecoming game for rookie coaches and quarterbacks.  On the wrong side of a disproportionate amount of highlight reels.