Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2023

PleaseBlitz

Tying a team to the Bengals made a ton of sense at the start of the year, but hasn't worked out.  Which sucks if you drafted Taylor, ETN and Gibbs, all great pickups, and planned on relying on the Bengals pass game.  

Gibbs I have in both leagues and was the single player I was highest one relative to his ADP.  

In both of my leagues, I am strongly considering stating both Gibbs and Montgomery (at flex) over my other options, including Mostert, Javonte, DK, Nico, and Gus Edwards). I dont like putting all of my eggs in one basket, but the Lions are a great offense and playing a bottom 5 rush defense. 

In one league, Edwards is the only other potential play, and the Chargers are vulnerable to the run, and it’s the second highest over/under this week. 

In the other, it’s probably Mostert since Achane aggravated his ankle last week. The Jets D is pretty good but they do give up a lot of rushing yards, probably because their offense sucks so other teams are always playing with a lead. 

Thoughts?

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Well I made a bad call starting Saquon over Montgomery and Nico Collins, and I thought I was in deep **** after Dak tossed 4 TDs, but CJ Stroud has been a league winner. I need Diggs and Kincaid to have decent days and I should be fine. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

I have Stroud and Prescott. A potential trade, someone just offered me Deebo Samuel and Dameon Pierce for Prescott and Zay Flowers. Yay or nay? I need the WR and RB help bad. I know Pierce has had a mediocre year. I am leaning yay only cuz I have Stroud as insurance. 

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I have Stroud and Prescott. A potential trade, someone just offered me Deebo Samuel and Dameon Pierce for Prescott and Zay Flowers. Yay or nay? I need the WR and RB help bad. I know Pierce has had a mediocre year. I am leaning yay only cuz I have Stroud as insurance. 

No sense in keeping one on your bench, and I value them as roughly equal.  That said, Dameon Pierce has no value, Singletary has taken over that backfield, so you are basically upgrading Flowers to Samuel in exchange for Dak.  I'd keep shopping Dak around to the other owners with weak QBs and see if you can get a better offer, but ultimately I would do the deal if nothing better can be negotiated.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Sounds doable to me. I traded away Dak and (drafted) several weeks ago before he started going off, because I needed help at RB2. I have Stroud now (and Purdy). I'm actually a little worried I may start Brock this week just because he may be in a shootout with Philly.

Hard to bench Stroud though...

• Thanks 1

Went ahead and accepted it.  Flowers is on bye this week, which made it a little easier.  Only two weeks left in the regular season and I need the wins, I am in 4th place right now (top 6 make it, 12 team league).

Now I have Samuel, DeVonta Smith, Garrett Wilson, and Tyler Lockett.  Can only start 3.  Thinking about benching Lockett, he is going against a really good Cowboys secondary tomorrow night.  Because the Jets QB situation is so horrendous, Wilson is a risky play, and could easily put up a dud.  But then again he gets so much volume.  Him and Hall are like 80% of the Jets offense.

Pierce is a clear bench candidate.  Jerome Ford and B-Rob will start this week, got Barkley on bye.

Aaron Rodgers was just cleared to practice.  No timeframe for him to resume game action.

While I don't think he's a viable FF QB, and I think it is completely stupid for the Jets to even consider letting him play again this year, I do hope he comes back because I have Breece Hall and he'd be so much better in an offense that scored more and had a passing game that opposing defenses have to respect.  

I'm playing the top team in my league this week.  I'm the #2 team.  My starting QB is on a bye this week.  We'll see how it goes.  

I'm concerned about Keenan Allen.  He's been one of my top performers and has an injury and is questionable this week.

I am in 2 10 team season longs & 2 best ball - first time doing more than my 1 one home league.  I am in first in 3 leagues and 2nd in the home - and clinched a loff spot in both season longs. I tuned out best ball and don't have many weekly 1st place finishes so was stunned to see I am in first in both. For posterity - beating my chest as I know this wont happen again / will get crushed in round 1. I have dodged major injury but am doing the TE dance. Waller with Logan mixed in. Snagged McBride who has a groin and have Likely on bye so I may go shopping right before kickoff for Otton. I dropped Logan since he has the same bye week as McBride. I added Moss and dropped a kicker and was planning going to drop Charb after the game, or lockett if he got injured. Turns out Charb got injured. Folks may be pissed to see I dropped him Friday morning.  I am down 69-0 after last night. Thinking I may need Ridley's upside over Rachaad...

I have Miami and the Jets on D.

Home League. I am getting Norval Norvous about Herberts WRs vanishing. Will Sam be my playoff MVP?

image.png.9f983ed56b55d9f5735643e6f717520d.png

Edited by RandyHolt

This week in the league that I am fighting for a playoff spot, I am playing the team that is one game ahead of me.  After one (1) game, they have a 50 point lead thanks to DK and Pollard.

So, I'm in a desperate situation.  Their QBs are Lamar and Herbert, both on bye this week.  So I snagged both of the FA QBs with any upside, Howell and Russ.  So they will be stuck with Baker Mayfield (vs. Carolina, who gives up the 4th fewest points to QBs) or Jordan Love (vs. KC in the snow), most likely.  I dropped Demario Douglas and KJ Osbourn.  I'm not starting either of them this week and next week I get Jefferson back (and I also have Tyreek), so I'd never even consider playing them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This week in the league that I am fighting for a playoff spot, I am playing the team that is one game ahead of me.  After one (1) game, they have a 50 point lead thanks to DK and Pollard.

So, I'm in a desperate situation.  Their QBs are Lamar and Herbert, both on bye this week.  So I snagged both of the FA QBs with any upside, Howell and Russ.  So they will be stuck with Baker Mayfield (vs. Carolina, who gives up the 4th fewest points to QBs) or Jordan Love (vs. KC in the snow), most likely.  I dropped Demario Douglas and KJ Osbourn.  I'm not starting either of them this week and next week I get Jefferson back (and I also have Tyreek), so I'd never even consider playing them. 

Sounds like you are not out of it yet this week. I am down 70 if that makes you feel better!  Baker has been decent this year but I expect they go Love in the snow. Good job nabbing Sam and Russ regardless. You have Tyreek vs our confused DBs learning a new scheme. Remain calm!  He may post 50 himself if they give him a few jets.

Here is my other season long if anyone is interested in grading my GM skillz

image.png.fe6bd2c3eb680d0d7ed0b95388c2202c.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

One of my leagues dropped the kicker and team defense position and it's the best thing ever. Definitely recommend that change to anyone considering it for future years. 

I proposed ditching the kicker and failed. Commish said he really loved K so I convinced him to add bonuses to keep his dicker the kicker. My defense is HIGH scoring. Points start at 20 and lose for yards and points. Also a few return yards points. Top defense in my league - Baltimore with a whopping 221 points. its kind of cool to have powerful defenses... but only to see them post a minus 6 some weeks. Miami got me 33 points last week vs the lowly, lowly, Jets.

Any and all - advice please. I have Herbert. if Allen cannot go, should I still blindly start him over Howell? An XM fantasy expert type said Herbert... but Sam is going to throw 50 times and Miami just lost a stud pass rusher... 6 pt pass. Trying to resist homerish skew my choice.

My defense settings at nfl.com

image.png.c26e47757cd3a4818becd2b331a69e65.png

Edited by RandyHolt

Fell asleep early on the couch last night around 8pm and my wife actually let me stay there.  Really wasn’t concerned with watching game, as I have no Cowboys or Seahawks on any of my teams.  Woke up around 4:30am to see I was playing a combo of Smith and DK in one league, 68 freaking points.  Also played Dallas kicker in two other leagues, 15 points.  UGH.

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Any and all - advice please. I have Herbert. if Allen cannot go, should I still blindly start him over Howell? An XM fantasy expert type said Herbert... but Sam is going to throw 50 times and Miami just lost a stud pass rusher... 6 pt pass. Trying to resist homerish skew my choice.

I’m pretty good about not being a homer. In fact, if a player I have is playing against the Commanders, I give them a pretty big upgrade. 

It’s a super close call, but I would go Howell. The line in that game is 49.5 while LAC v. NE is 40.5. Plus, the Commanders are likely to get down early and have to throw a lot. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2023 at 5:47 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

I’m pretty good about not being a homer. In fact, if a player I have is playing against the Commanders, I give them a pretty big upgrade. 

It’s a super close call, but I would go Howell. The line in that game is 49.5 while LAC v. NE is 40.5. Plus, the Commanders are likely to get down early and have to throw a lot. 

I am going Howell dammit proving my fandom and failure to not let the heart decide my fantasy fate!

I did see a few places that said go Howell but most have Herbert ranked ahead of Howell. GL today PB