Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2023

PleaseBlitz

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

He's the 8th highest scoring player this year.  In week 7 he had 40 points.  Does your league have weird scoring?

No, but 40 points in week 7 only helps for week 7.  Those points don't get spread out over the season.  He needs consistency.  As I said, he's had 4 weeks of fewer than 12 points.  

1 minute ago, China said:

No, but 40 points in week 7 only helps for week 7.  Those points don't get spread out over the season.  He needs consistency.  As I said, he's had 4 weeks of fewer than 12 points.  

Oh yea, he's super hit or miss.  He's either winning you the week or not really helping you.  Gus Edwards being so good at the goal line really hurts his value, as does the Ravens having a very good defense.

Man, I'm going back and forth on staring Saquon this week.  The Cowboys defense is 3rd in YPG and 6th in PPG.  So it's a bad matchup to begin with.  On top of that, if I'm the Cowboys, I'm doing everything I can to shut down Barkley and make Danny Devito beat me.  The other side of the coin is the Giants are very likely to just give the ball to Saquon on every play, either handing it off or on short passes, so he might get 30 touches.

That said, ESPN has Barkley as their 7th ranked PPR RB.  I could swap him out for Mattison (#22), Gibbs (#21 and I'm already staring Montgomery), or Nico Collins (#15 WR). 

On 11/10/2023 at 12:37 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Man, I'm going back and forth on staring Saquon this week.  The Cowboys defense is 3rd in YPG and 6th in PPG.  So it's a bad matchup to begin with.  On top of that, if I'm the Cowboys, I'm doing everything I can to shut down Barkley and make Danny Devito beat me.  The other side of the coin is the Giants are very likely to just give the ball to Saquon on every play, either handing it off or on short passes, so he might get 30 touches.

That said, ESPN has Barkley as their 7th ranked PPR RB.  I could swap him out for Mattison (#22), Gibbs (#21 and I'm already staring Montgomery), or Nico Collins (#15 WR). 

I would not start Nico Collins he is out for today. 

I don't think I have ever carried two kickers, but I am tempted to with Jason Myers and Harrison Butker.  I picked Myers up cuz Butker was on bye, had a feeling the Seahawks would be in our territory a lot, and boy was I right.  21 points from Myers.  Seattle plays the Rams next week, who are 29th against kickers this year.  I don't want to drop Butker, he is the sixth highest scoring kicker this year.  Chiefs have Eagles at home.  I dunno...will likely end up dropping one of them, but then again I don't have any pressing needs on my bench.

I sat Prescott and B-Rob this week, which typically would be tragic.  Good news is I still put up 132.84 points and won.  I also started Prescott and B-Rob in daily fantasy, and am looking at a $100 win as long as Diggs scores 10 points tomorrow.  We will see.

Having Stroud and Prescott is my biggest lineup decision going forward.  I couldn't sit Stroud after last week, and he put up 20 points today, but boy Prescott has been playing well.

Someone traded me Tyler Lockett for Emari Demercado last week 🤣And he was the one who proposed it!  It was before news of Demercado's injured toe hit, but still...I got that guy off of waivers the week before.  Head scratcher, glad I profited from it.  

Won both my leagues this week.  Currently tied for first in one league and 5th in the other.  4 teams make the playoffs in both leagues.  In the league I'm 5th in, hopefully I'll get Jefferson back this week.

Would like to point out that I took Dalton Kincaid with my last pick in one league and for $1 in the auction league.  Since the other Bills TE got hurt, he's scored 11.5, 15, 11, and 13.6.  Over that time, he's been TE3 (Kelce had a bye).  TE2 is Taysom Hill, who is really a RB. 

• Like 1

My long-standing home-league implemented the median scoring feature in Yahoo this year. I think it was $25 or something for extra commissioner tools, which includes the option to made every week count for 2 games. It takes some of the luck out of it. If you score 2nd, but lose because you played the #1 scoring team during that week, you still go 1-1, so not all is lost. Plus it adds a new element to tracking scores .. you're no longer trying to beat just your opponent, but the scores of half the league, which has gone down to the wire almost every week with the changing median with updated scoring.

Current standings through 10 weeks for our 10 team league are:

1. 16-4

2. 14-6

3. 12-8

4. 12-8

5. 9-11

6. 8-12

7. 8-12

8. 8-12

9. 7-13

10. 6-14

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I like that concept.  There is nothing more frustrating and unfair than scoring the 2nd most points in a week and losing.  But taking out the head to head matchups take out too much of the ****-talking aspect, which is very important the entire point of fantasy football. 

You get both in this scenario. H2H counts as a W/L and then score against median counts as a W/L. Teams get 2 results each week, so a 28 game record versus a 14 game H2H record

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

When you know it's not your year in FF.

Sorted by points against. On average I've seen 17 more points scored against me each week than the next highest amount...

I'm in the same boat.  I'm sitting at 4-6 and tied for 7th (out of 10) with nearly 1,000 points against, standard Yahoo scoring, no PPR or anything.  Basically facing 100 points a game.  Every team in the Top 4 has at least 110 fewer points against.

My team isn't that good anyway, but it sure doesn't help running into everyone's best showing week after week.

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

When you know it's not your year in FF.

Sorted by points against. On average I've seen 17 more points scored against me each week than the next highest amount...

Screenshot-20231114-071302-Yahoo-Fantasy

I have scored the second most points in my league, but I've also had the second most points scored against me.  Probably why I'm 6-4.  But it's still good enough for second place.

7 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Deshaun Watson out for the year.  Glad I traded Cooper and have nothing to do with Cleveland's offense.  I do have their defense, not sure this has much impact. 

Their defense may end up being on the field more if the offense can't do anything.  They may wear down more and end up giving up more points.  

15 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

1pt ppr.

Pick 3 to start.

Jordan Addison, James Conner, Devonta Smith, and Trey McBride. 

I can only pick 2. Devonte Smith and James Connor.  Depending on who your other TE  I would choose McBride. 

Who would you start? 

Laporta or McBride 

I'm starting Addison because I am unsure if Nico Collins will play, and also, every time I start Collins, he doesn't do squat for me.  I benched Collins twice, and both times he had a monster game.  

15 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yep, that is the concern. The other side is they are on the field more and get more sacks. 

For some odd reason Browns is starting their rookie QB over PJ Walker so good thing you traded Cooper.  

16 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

1pt ppr.

Pick 3 to start.

Jordan Addison, James Conner, Devonta Smith, and Trey McBride. 

Depends on if JJ plays.  Smith and Conner definitely.  Smith has been disappointing this year but Goedert is out and AJ Brown is probably going to be shadowed by L'Jarius Sneed, and it's the 2nd highest over/under (ie., a likely shootout).