Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2023

PleaseBlitz

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

He’s asking if he should play Mcbride at flex. Im usually pretty hesitant to start 2 TEs. 

Yep it's a 2 flex league with no K or D. 

Right now I have Herbert, Jamaal Chase, Devonta Smith, Ken Walker 3, James Conner, Mark Andrews, Jordan Addison, and Raheem Mostert starting.

Javonte Wiliams, Trey McBride, Josh Downs, Josh Reynolds, and Noah Brown are on the bench. 

Might move Mcbride or Williams into the Flex for Mostert if he's still questionable come Sunday. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Yesterday I was going to post how my one team that is currently in 5th place was rounding into form since Breece and Javonte look like they are back to their pre ACL surgery selves and I was getting Jefferson back (paired with Tyreek). I was feeling good. 

Burrow is my QB. Best FA is Russell Wilson. 

53 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yesterday I was going to post how my one team that is currently in 5th place was rounding into form since Breece and Javonte look like they are back to their pre ACL surgery selves and I was getting Jefferson back (paired with Tyreek). I was feeling good. 

Burrow is my QB. Best FA is Russell Wilson. 

Wilson has actually played pretty well this year. 

14 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yep it's a 2 flex league with no K or D. 

Right now I have Herbert, Jamaal Chase, Devonta Smith, Ken Walker 3, James Conner, Mark Andrews, Jordan Addison, and Raheem Mostert starting.

Javonte Wiliams, Trey McBride, Josh Downs, Josh Reynolds, and Noah Brown are on the bench. 

Might move Mcbride or Williams into the Flex for Mostert if he's still questionable come Sunday. 

I would, and am, starting Javonte over Mostert in both of my leagues. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Wilson has actually played pretty well this year. 

He's been a better NFL QB than a fantasy football QB.  He has less fantasy points than Jordan Love.  

As it stands, they are saying Burrow has a wrist "sprain."  Watching him try to throw last night, I am shocked it's not fractured.  So maybe he comes back by the fantasy playoffs.  Meantime, I'm rolling with Kyler.  Tank Dell was a borderline keeper for me, so that's not ideal, plus it really hurts my WR depth (so now I REALLY need Jefferson back this week). 

1 hour ago, Maxito said:

Who would you start (pick 1 in each category)

Flex position

Jordon Addison vs Denver

Nico Collins vs Ar

A Mattison Vs Denver

TE

Laporta vs Chicago

McBride vs Houston (my opponent is starting Murray)

Mattison and LaPorta, although I think TE is a coin flip. 

Mattison because Akers is out so he’s the only option, and Denver’s defense is dead last against the run. If you aren’t starting Mattison against Denver, you should just drop him. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

On 11/14/2023 at 5:55 PM, Forehead said:

I'm in the same boat.  I'm sitting at 4-6 and tied for 7th (out of 10) with nearly 1,000 points against, standard Yahoo scoring, no PPR or anything.  Basically facing 100 points a game.  Every team in the Top 4 has at least 110 fewer points against.

My team isn't that good anyway, but it sure doesn't help running into everyone's best showing week after week.

To follow up on this.  In a season where I have the luck of playing every other team on what seems to be their best weeks, I also have both Joe Burrow and Mark Andrews now out for the season.  I'm going to say this season is lost.  My new starters are Dak Prescott (ugh) and Sam Laporta.

Dak is maybe the hottest qb right now, other than Stroud. LaPorta is a fine replacement for Andrews. 

So far this week my guys are doing what I hoped. Great that the Bears are putting up a fight and have a lead so Gibbs (who i have in both leagues) will get most of the action. 

The bad part of having 2 leagues is I have Saquon in one league, playing against him in another. Have Breece in the other league, also playing against him. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Good thing my buy-in wasn't spent with my own money.  With Mahomes and Chiefs Kicker left to play I am seriously down by 30 at the moment.  I still Deebo playing.  Other than Robinson Jr and Miami Def, the rest of my roster players got a single-digit point total.  

Scored the 3rd most points this week. Of course my opponent had the 2nd most.

I have over 1300 points against me so far this year, first in the league and it'll stay in first. Meanwhile the guys in the top three are all like 1200 points against or below.

Rotten luck.

Tank Dell, Calvin Ridley, and the Cowboys defense murdered me today, along with a little Montgomery and St. Brown.  Opponent scored 142.2 points.  My team did well, 106.1 points with Smith yet to play on MNF.  But not gonna win against that.  It happens.

Garrett Wilson has been the biggest disappointment on my team.  As soon as Rodgers went down that limited his production by almost 50-60%.  The fact that I am sitting 4th after losing Nick Chubb and Saquon Barkley for an extended period is awesome.  Brian Robinson Jr. has actually been a frickin revelation.  Having Stroud and Prescott helps too.  But I need more WR production.

In one league, I'm in 2nd and playing the 3rd place team, so important for playoff seeding.  On the strength of Saquon and Tyreek, I have a 30 point lead going into MNF.  I'm done, my opponent has AJ Brown.  

In my other league, where I am in 5th and 4 teams make the playoffs, I am getting crushed because my opponent has Saquon and the Herbert to Allen stack.  Plus I started Burrow and he only played a quarter.  Going into MNF I'd need Rashee Rice to get me like 30 points, which is highly unlikely.  

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I wonder if Rashee Rice would be rostered if he didn't have Mahomes as QB. 

His entire draw is potentially being Mahomes' #2 option behind Kelce.  Nobody else seems to want the job.  But I had to play him because Jefferson didn't return and I had just traded Tank Dell to acquire a replacement for Burrow.  My strategy in that league, which is an auction, is take JJ and Tyreek (who I'd never sit) and carry 9 RBs hoping that 3 either blow up or play the ones with the best matchups week to week.  So JJ missing at least 8 games has killed me. 

I dunno how in hell an NFL GM can have Patrick Mahomes and not pair him with a dominant WR.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Last week I traded Tyler Lockett for Tee Higgins. I had Burrow, Chase and Boyd. Plan was to stash Higgins on the bench as a backup to Chase and Waddle if the Bengals had a good matchup. Now my team has absolutely been cratered. 

I just got offered Stroud for Gibbs. I got offered Herbert for Etienne. But I can't bring myself to trade one of my RBs (Taylor, ETN, Gibbs, Achane) in hopes that they can stay healthy (lol to Achane) and win through the RB and forget about QB production.

What a disaster of a season for fantasy QBs