Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2023

PleaseBlitz

Not a good week for me.  After a strong start with CD Lamb on Thursday, it's gone downhill and my opponent is having a banner week.  Would've lost to half the teams in my league this week.  Looks like I'll end up in a tie for second place, although I think I have the tiebreaker.

21 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Looks like Howell was the right pick. Herbert had a bad day. 

Down 69 I came storming back - I won. Opponent had a kicker on bye (forgot or was waiting to see if I could come back before dropping??) but I added McPherson so he has no kicker to turn to. 189 to 176 Winner 9-4 2nd place going against team in first place all year and playing for a playoff bye. Thanks for confirming Sam. Herbert and the Chargers play down to their opponents. Ekeler seems more checked out than Ron.  I posted my other league for more Howell love (Allen on Bye)

image.png.5f517751607692a77e52ce45117b74a7.pngimage.png.38ce66f9f97c72a3f93d34f1d3675963.png

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Need 17 points from Etienne tonight to take over the last playoff spot in my league with one game left to play. We have a rule where the top 5 makes it but the 5th seed is the team with the most points out of the non top 4. Helps me out since I'm like 3rd or 4th in points but only in 6th or 7th place because I had an insanely bad luck stretch of facing ridiculous point totals from my opponent.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Such a savvy and savage move.  *tips cap*

I pulled this once before and got called several names by my opponent.  

None of which were the most appropriate…Daddy.

I picked up both Howell and Russ this weekend and, with Lamar on bye, my opponent had to pick up Baker Mayfield, who sucked as predicted.  Still lost cause I couldn't overcome DK's big night. 

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Such a savvy and savage move.  *tips cap*

I pulled this once before and got called several names by my opponent.  

None of which were the most appropriate…Daddy.

My opponent never chimes in on league issues or trades but is friends with the commish. I dropped the Jets every though they had played to add the only kicker on waivers. Not many know you can do that.  All quiet on the western front so far.  He did add Ertz so is clearly not tapping out being 4-8 and was one spot away from a playoff spot but needed 2 wins/2 loses from folks above.  I wonder if he was trying to horde K Carlson through the bye but am not going to ask.

Edited by RandyHolt

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Need 17 points from Etienne tonight to take over the last playoff spot in my league with one game left to play. We have a rule where the top 5 makes it but the 5th seed is the team with the most points out of the non top 4. Helps me out since I'm like 3rd or 4th in points but only in 6th or 7th place because I had an insanely bad luck stretch of facing ridiculous point totals from my opponent.

I am interested in scoring where 2 "games" are played each week. 1 on 1 like normal,  but then total points decides the 2nd game. Half the teams with the most points gets a win, the others take the L. I have heard that it often largely evens out but its maddening to have a ridonk points against and it may serve as a decent consolation.

Thinking about dropping Lockett to add Noah Brown after FB Tank Dell got injured ... and need to add my Jets back by dropping McPherson. Salt in the wound.

Edited by RandyHolt

McPherson the kicker I snagged to make sure my opponent didn't add him? Scored 13 last night.  Had I sat on my hands (and my Jets defense) I would have lost this week 189.62 to 189.08 and likely cost me a bye. I'd be on a ledge.

I now have sole possession of 2nd playing the league Goliath for first. Looking at likely tie breakers I think I am guaranteed a bye for week 15. Guy in 3rd place now 1 game behind me? Started Kirk last night who got injured early and lost his game by 8 points. Damn shame.  In PPR Kirk vs a man heavy team like Cincy he'd get that in 34-31 game almost guaranteed. Same guys vaunted Cowboys defense this week? Potted him negative points -2.57.

I need a defense to pair up with Miami... or heck to stream. Miami/Jets is my go to for now but QB injuries will happen to its dynamic. Eyeballing Commanders DST vs Jets. Ok and vice versa.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Now, in normal circumstances, I would never considered benching Mahomes.  I am considering it right now because the KC offense is struggling.  I'm considering starting Browning against the Colts while KC is playing Buffalo which has a better defense than the Colts.  

12 minutes ago, Maxito said:

Now, in normal circumstances, I would never considered benching Mahomes.  I am considering it right now because the KC offense is struggling.  I'm considering starting Browning against the Colts while KC is playing Buffalo which has a better defense than the Colts.  

If you have a gut feeling, go with it.  Mahomes hasn't been very good for FF this year, and I would consider benching him in certain circumstances, but not sure Browning is viable (I haven't watched a Bengals game since Burrow went down). 

1 hour ago, Maxito said:

Its tough to ignore your gut and bench your stars in case they have the game you expected from them weekly from where we over drafted them.  I sat Herbert and Ridley this week. It wasn't as easy as it should be to bench your top players.

That's a bold play. KC hosting Buffalo in prior years would be a 50 O/U shootout guaranteed. Kelce seems off... almost like he is distracted, or his energy is drained out of him haha. KC seems like they run more. Browning is the hot new ticket in town and Indy is not a bad matchup. 

Edited by RandyHolt

I grabbed Ezekiel Elliott a couple of weeks ago off waivers just for RB depth, ended up starting him this week. Brilliant! Jerome Ford, Dameon Pierce, and Roschon Johnson/Khalil Herbert were my other options and none of them were as appealing. Volume, volume, volume. I'll probably start Zeke next week too.

My trade of Dak Prescott and Zay Flowers for Deebo Samuel & Pierce worked out spectacularly last week, let's see if it continues. I need Stroud to pick it up.

Win this week and I'm in the playoffs. I could lose and still make it as long as one of three teams lose. ESPN says I have a 91% chance.

7 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Sheesh. Choose a flex (.5 ppr)

DK

Mostert

Nico Collins (with Dell now out)

Montgomery (already starting Gibbs)

Javonte. 

Mostert, he is leading the league in rushing Touchdowns Realized that he is listed as questionable.  Would say Nico Collins for me

Edited by Maxito

I didn't listen to my gut and at the last minute, I started Mahomes rather than Browning (Sp) which Browning got 35 Points today.  So far Mahomes in 2 and a half quarters gave me 2.5 points.  

Edited by Maxito