Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Read This Before Shouting "Fire the Kicker"

Dan T.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LetsBCooley said:

So any idea who they are bringing in for tryouts? At the rate we are going changing kickers, they should probably have kicker tryouts once a week till Slye comes back.

1 hour ago, LetsBCooley said:

So any idea who they are bringing in for tryouts? At the rate we are going changing kickers, they should probably have kicker tryouts once a week till Slye comes back.

Pretty sure we already signed Brian Johnson off someone’s practice squad. Interestingly enough, he replaced Joey Slye at VT 😂

3 hours ago, LetsBCooley said:

Since Johnson was stolen off another teams practice squad, I think league rules stipulate that he is on our roster for a 3 week minimum

Very little kicking history in the NFL for Brian Johnson. 8 for 8 on FG’s and 3 miss extra points. Total in his career.
Not sure why we lean towards the unproven over the proven commodity.

Mike Nugent is still out there.

Josh Lambo is still out there. 87% career percentage. 
I’m sure they have their reasons.
Just wondering out loud. 

5 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Very little kicking history in the NFL for Brian Johnson. 8 for 8 on FG’s and 3 miss extra points. Total in his career.
Not sure why we lean towards the unproven over the proven commodity.

Mike Nugent is still out there.

Josh Lambo is still out there. 87% career percentage. 
I’m sure they have their reasons.
Just wondering out loud. 

Not sure on Nugent but Lambo has been making the rounds in tryouts and hasn’t gotten a job. He was injured last year so maybe there are lingering effects

I like that they went with Johnson. This may be a chance to lock in a young ascending kicker - ex Rams w Gay and Falcons with Koo