Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Read This Before Shouting "Fire the Kicker"

Dan T.

56 minutes ago, Rocket442Olds said:

Quote from NFL.com Power Rankings. I know it was bad, but wow.

Washington has come away with zero points on 10 of its last 13 trips inside the opponents’ 30-yard line.

Not that all of this is on the Kicking, but a good amount of it is.

Time to put the game in the hands of our MVP, Tress Way.

As soon as we get to the 29 yard line of the other team, let the sure-footed Tress Way, pooch punt it to their 1 yard line.

A lot better than handing it over to them on downs, or a turnover, or a missed FG, with much better field position.

At the one yard line, there's a better chance of winning by maybe getting a couple Safeties scored, and win 4-3.

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Time to put the game in the hands of our MVP, Tress Way.

As soon as we get to the 29 yard line of the other team, let the sure-footed Tress Way, pooch punt it to their 1 yard line.

A lot better than handing it over to them on downs, or a turnover, or a missed FG, with much better field position.

At the one yard line, there's a better chance of winning by maybe getting a couple Safeties scored, and win 4-3.

I agree with putting the ball in Way's hands, but I disagree with him punting it. Have people forgotten about those awesome passes he threw on fake punts? Let's see what he's got when it isn't a fake.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

there's a lot of buzz around the Ravens backup kicker Jake Verity. Apparently he's a hot commodity. If he's on their PS, can't we just sign him to our active roster and release Blewitt?

Yes they can, even if he's "protected", the team can circumvent that by signing him right away after the games are over. Protection lists don't come out until after 4 p.m. ET on Tuesdays. Of course that deadline passed for this week, but could be avoided in the future if you wanted a guy. 

On 11/1/2021 at 1:32 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

I was fine moving on from Hopkins.  I would have to think there is a better kicker out there than Blewitt. 

I guess not.

Maybe we should draft a kicker in the 6th round...  (that's a joke.  Though I don't mind the 6th for Cheeseman as much as some do.)

Didn't the Redskins draft Gano or was he an undrafted signee?

Hopkins misses an extra point. I'm willing to bet money Chargers lose by 1. Any of you miss him? On another note the Jags no name kicker made a 55 yards today. He's also made a 53 and 52 yarder this season. And we have Blewitt SMH. 

UPDATE: 

Chargers score another TD. Then go for 2 and make it. Keeping Hopkins off the field gives them a chance to win.

UPDATE:

Chargers game us gonna come down to Hopkins leg..... dun dun duuunnnnnn

Edited by HoggLife
  • Haha 1

And this game may come down to Dusty making a game winning FG.

🤣

47 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Hopkins misses an extra point. I'm willing to bet money Chargers lose by 1. Any of you miss him? On another note the Jags no name kicker made a 55 yards today. He's also made a 53 and 52 yarder this season. And we have Blewitt SMH. 

UPDATE: 

Chargers score another TD. Then go for 2 and make it. Keeping Hopkins off the field gives them a chance to win.

UPDATE:

Chargers game us gonna come down to Hopkins leg..... dun dun duuunnnnnn

And the LAC went for it on 4th down instead of trusting Hop…. 

Just now, Dan T. said:

Hopkins 29 yard kick is GOOD with :02 seconds left.  Chargers up 3.

It was looking like it was going to be a 45 yard attempt and then Ekler with a big run makes it a 29 yarder. I would have loved to see the 45 yard attemp. For Hopkons that's like 55+ yards lol

3 hours ago, UK Skins said:

I had $500 riding on that game and just knew he was going to miss the 45 yarder. So glad they went for that big run instead of trusting him. Even then I couldn't watch the winner. And yet another missed XP, it's amazing 

$500!   lol, here I was sweating the $20 I had on it. lol

• Haha 1