Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

Count me in the Spaceman camp here.

It's not even worth it, let's go full replacements and ride with it. Doesn't matter much if we get crushed 90-0.

Making rules easier just because it's becoming a real mess is not exactly caring much about player integrity and health.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

:ols:

It's not the stretch of the imagination that Kyle Allen can start an NFL game, especially in a pinch.  I don't think he's great, but he can be a decent backup.

The NFL doesn't want to see some practice squad guy start a game in December for a game that has playoff implications.  I don't think that's wrong.

The NFL saw a guy actually start a playoff game who wasn't even on a practice squad but was on his sister's couch...the NFL saw a guy released on temp parole from prison to start, and saw him win...

And for the record I agree with you actually lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3

I think we should just forfeit. Whoever does play is more likely to get injured.

That doesn’t do well for the rest of the year and even next year. What if a key player suffers a major injury that takes him away in 22.

Forfeit the game. We can’t field a Team this week and could do more damage attempting to play.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Here's some trivia for you. 

Gilbert's father, Gale Gilbert holds the record as the only NFL player to be on 5 consecutive losing Super Bowl teams.  He was 3rd string quarterback on the Bills teams that lost 4 Super Bowls in a row. The next year he got traded to San Diego where he was on the bench when the Chargers lost to the 49ers in Super Bowl XXIX.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

:ols:

It's not the stretch of the imagination that Kyle Allen can start an NFL game, especially in a pinch.  I don't think he's great, but he can be a decent backup.

The NFL doesn't want to see some practice squad guy start a game in December for a game that has playoff implications.  I don't think that's wrong.

I really don't think the NFL cares about our playoff implications. If it were a team like the Patriots or Cowboys in the same position, they might care. We are sub 500 team and not a draw for tv or in person crowds. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

I really don't think the NFL cares about our playoff implications. If it were a team like the Patriots or Cowboys in the same position, they might care. We are sub 500 team and not a draw for tv or in person crowds. 

I don't think the NFL wants to see any of their teams embarrass themselves.  Why do you think they shifted the covid protocols around?  

So what's up with the apparent hard line stance on not moving games to Monday or Tuesday?

I heard Ron on Sheehan this morning and he came across like perhaps that was talked about but not in the cards right now.  He said 80% of the guys out have zero symptoms and he's optimistic some will be ready to go come Sunday.  Take that for what its worth.

30 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Who is patient zero?  Did one person spread it to the entire team?  Or was it several players getting exposed.

I've got a theory. :) 

Dallas had all their positive tests & then came here. The next day our guys started testing positive. 

The Dallas Covidboys are a virus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

There's only 4 Teams the NFL would delay a game for: Chiefs, Pats, Packers and Bucs. Those 4 are most likely the teams that will be playing for a Superbowl. The NFL could care less about the other teams.

21 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think we should just forfeit. Whoever does play is more likely to get injured.

That doesn’t do well for the rest of the year and even next year. What if a key player suffers a major injury that takes him away in 22.

Forfeit the game. We can’t field a Team this week and could do more damage attempting to play.

You do know the WFT just can’t forfeit a game. 

18 minutes ago, TK said:

I've got a theory. :) 

Dallas had all their positive tests & then came here. 

And hell...if its the Cowboys its probably an entirely new variant.

Covid variants:

Alpha (Wuhan) : vanilla

Delta (India) : you catch it faster

Omicron (S. Africa): you catch it even faster

Broke Back (Dallas) : you catch it from behind

Edited by Jabbyrwock
  • Haha 2