Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

As far as this impacting games, three Minnesota QBs are currently in protocol.  If this happened in season, I don’t think they’d reschedule.

From the MN article:

High-risk close contacts are required to isolate upon learning of their previous contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, per protocol, and will remain isolated until PCR virus test results are negative. Fully vaccinated individuals are also tested daily for three days following exposure when considered a close contact, but are not considered to be high-risk, meaning they are not required to isolate.

Edited by Ball Security

29 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

As far as this impacting games, three Minnesota QBs are currently in protocol.  If this happened in season, I don’t think they’d reschedule.

From the MN article:

High-risk close contacts are required to isolate upon learning of their previous contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, per protocol, and will remain isolated until PCR virus test results are negative. Fully vaccinated individuals are also tested daily for three days following exposure when considered a close contact, but are not considered to be high-risk, meaning they are not required to isolate.

Most likely not. I think unless it's stupid easy to reschedule the game because both teams have the same bye week. But if that's not the case then Minnesota would either need to trot out their reserve QB like Denver had to last year or forfeit the game.

I wonder what happens when a vaccinated player gets covid or potentially transmits it but was afforded all the freedoms (travel/lodging/etc.) of close contact an unvaccinated player cannot have…..will the locker room get ugly fast then as well……hmmmmmmm….

10 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Is it possible they waited as long as possible since the vaccine appears to only be effective for a period time?

Data is still murky, but if that is the case, then the supposed period of time puts it after the Super Bowl, which makes sense.  The proposed 3rd booster to handle Delta should alleviate those concerns though.

Anyone have better information?

1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

Is it possible they waited as long as possible since the vaccine appears to only be effective for a period time?

Ron said publicly that he was frustrated with the player for not getting vaccinated. It wasn't a strategy the team planned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Seriously.

My guess is a combination of a few things:

1. Seeing 4-5 starters end up on the COVID list made it pretty obvious what could happen in-season, even if you’re following Protocols. 

2. Ron talked to every player individually to educate them.

3. the bottom end of the roster guys figured out that if it’s a toss-up, they don’t want even a remote chance vaccination could be a tie breaker.  

4. I think the realization that forfeits could really happen if this kept up snd players would lose money became a thing.  

5. I think Terry has been “educating” a number of folks.  

that’s just a guess but it’s what I’ve pieced together from different interviews. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

That is a hypothesis at this point, not really confirmed. The delta variant of the virus has wiped out most others, so we're not really comparing apples to apples. You could determine if the vaccine "fades" if you tested it against the alpha variant after 6 months, but that's mostly disappeared. 

Point is, they definitely weren't planning around it. 

Edited by Bacon

One other thing, and I'm channeling my inner Chris Cooley here: I can absolutely see Chris saying that he would wait to get the vaccine as late as possible to maximize the possibility of missing training camp time.  I'm not sure who else/if anybody else, really would think that way, but I could definitely see a veteran say, "yeah, I really don't need training camp anyway, so if I get placed on the COVID list, hang out at home, play XBox, not practice, then get vaccinated and ready for the season, I could see some folks saying, "yeah, I can live with that."

I absolutely think Cooley would have done something like that, with all the schemes he said he did to actually get out of doing real work while appearing to do work.  Not sure who else would.  

I just thought of that this morning.

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

One other thing, and I'm channeling my inner Chris Cooley here: I can absolutely see Chris saying that he would wait to get the vaccine as late as possible to maximize the possibility of missing training camp time.  I'm not sure who else/if anybody else, really would think that way, but I could definitely see a veteran say, "yeah, I really don't need training camp anyway, so if I get placed on the COVID list, hang out at home, play XBox, not practice, then get vaccinated and ready for the season, I could see some folks saying, "yeah, I can live with that."

I absolutely think Cooley would have done something like that, with all the schemes he said he did to actually get out of doing real work while appearing to do work.  Not sure who else would.  

I just thought of that this morning.

Back in the day I could see #44, "I'm bored, I'm broke and I'm back", certainly playing it for all its worth.  lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

It will be interesting to see if the percentage changes after cuts. 

Somebody was asked about this earlier this week, and I think they said it seemed like it was a mix of starters/backups, so the percentage shouldn't change too much.

I think the bottom-end of the roster guys are ALL going to be fully vaccinated on the 53.  Rivera said it wasn't going to be a factor, they're going to pick players who help them win.  I think that's a white lie.  Availability is absolutely key to being able to help you win.  Injury history is a factor in cuts, like it or not.  If you have an unvaccinated guy vs. a vaccinated guy, the chances of losing the unvaccinated guy for 2 games is higher than the unvaccinated guy.  That's just fact.  And Ron can say whatever he wants (and he's not allowed to say anything other than what he said) but if you don't think vaccination status for guys 30-53 on the roster is going to be a thing, I've got some ocean front property for you in Colorado.  Good price.