Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 minute ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Some of these decisions make it clear to me that not everyone can be kept on potential alone.

Sometimes keeping a guy like Apke, who can play multiple positions (how well.. we’ll see), and is a special teams contributor, is very valuable. 

If he never becomes a starter, but improves enough to not be a liability and play STs until his speed wanes… that’s a valuable commodity because his price tag will never be up. 

I had to watch that punk Bill Bates play special teams for Dallas for years....all he did was run down the field and make tackles. Maybe Apke is our Bill Bates?

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

But still signing AGG to the active roster is a big gamble by the other teams.  It is not like WFT is overflowing with WR talent.  McLaurin, Samuels, and Brown are nice/great but it is not like the other WRs on the roster were WRs that are highly sought after and none of them are big body WR like AGG.

So WFT that knows AGG the best cut him despite our lacking of big body WRs... another team is going to cut one of their WRs that was going to make the roster to pick up AGG?  I think we are over valuing our backup players too much.  Ashburn syndrome.

Did you forget Cam Sims is on the roster? The dude is 6 foot 5. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I had to watch that punk Bill Bates play special teams for Dallas for years....all he did was run down the field and make tackles. Maybe Apke is our Bill Bates?

I ****ing hated Bill Bates lol...You're absolutely right about that. I had a friend growing up named Billy Bates so that just made things worse.

• Like 1

I love all the Apke hate that assumes that the last DB on the depth chart of any team is that solid in coverage?  Apke is the very definition of that position for every team - yet people around here act surprised?

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DiscoBob said:

I love all the Apke hate that assumes that the last DB on the depth chart of any team is that solid in coverage?  Apke is the very definition of that position for every team - yet people around here act surprised?

But how do you feel about all the Apke hate that the last DB on the depth chart of any team is solid in coverage? You didn't make that very clear.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Apke is the first white CB in the league since who?

“To be fair, though, calling Sehorn the last of the white cornerbacks means ignoring the dozen or so snaps Dustin Fox played for the Eagles and the Bills in 2006 and ’07. It means overlooking Ethan Kilmer’s single magnificent snap as a corner for the Bengals in ’06, and it completely neglects another member of the Cincinnati secondary that season, the real Sehorn – the last white player to start a regular-season NFL game at the position." -Michael McKnight

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, Dexter said:

WOW....that is amazing news!  Sammis Reyes making the roster simply shows that his upside and drive to compete has to be through the roof.  Apke making the roster over Moreland has to really show his growth as well.

Apke is making the roster as a special teams player. If he sees the field at DB it means a couple of people got hurt.

19 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The new Doughty

Apke is probably about 3 times as athletic as Doughty was. 4.34 40, 41 inch vertical.

They aren't even close as far as raw talent and ability. The only thing they have in common is they're both white and play DB.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, method man said:

You could IR Allen and sign Cam. Allen could return off IR of someone gets hurt

Before we got Fitz I was convinced RR would sign Cam just for security/stability at the QB position reasons while seeing what he had in TH/Kyle Allen. I truly believe Cam could help our offense be versatile and more difficult to defend in certain packages. He's an athlete who knows the league and is not that old. Plus RR has had success with him. I'll bet the coaches are gonna discuss him at some point but only if there was a way they could hide or trade Kyle. Of course I could be wrong but the idea is not crazy, especially with the ways offenses are trying to get creative. 

I guess Belicheck didn't want anything standing in Mac Jones' way so clearing Cam out was the answer. I wonder if NE would trade us a 5th for Kyle?

• Thumb down 1

19 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Samuel being able to play RB too makes cutting Barber easier.

Still have a power issue with our RB group though.  I'm thinking this could be a position where we pounce on somebody else's cut.  I'm waiting to see who the Patriots release.

You can always stick a power back on the practice squad. Could conceivably place Barber there

57 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

True - RR did intimate the possibility of 10 OL.  Larson and Ismael maybe?  I didn’t like Benzshewel (or whatever his name is), but I guess he could be the 10?  I’m leaning toward them keeping Milne to develop and Carter for returns though.

Just wanna give you props for using "intimate" correctly and not flamboyantly.  That's genuinely impressive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Apke is probably about 3 times as athletic as Doughty was. 4.34 40, 41 inch vertical.

They aren't even close as far as raw talent and ability. The only thing they have in common is they're both white and play DB.

No, the only thing they have in common is they keep finding ways to make it back on the roster whether it via shallow depth or reinventing themselves to force the team to have to keep them around. Stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

• Like 1