Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

2 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

I gotta say that keeping Steven Montez is a huge head scratcher for me. Every report about this guy is that he is bad and plays scared, even in camp. I get having a camp arm but I feel like we could've found a new one this offseason. What if he has to play in a game? He's gonna **** himself. 

His allure was his "health"

A couple months ago he had massive upside as an instant practice squad bubble QB you don't have to bubble since he had already had covid. Dude was an absolute deadbolt lock for the squad.

With all the re-infections now-a-days, that allure is all but gone now.

i've been thinking this  for months but haven't said it and don't want to be right of course, but my call is heineike is never going to be any kind of any real deal here, period

at best he may be a distraction for awhile, but i really don't see any for him ever getting close to being an upper-tier level of qb, which is what a championship team needs these days more than ever...ther's not enough there there

i don't think you'll ever see him do better than being a decent backup over any career ahead of him

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i've been thinking this  for months but haven't said it and don't want to be right of courts, but my call is heineike is never going to be any kind of any real deal here, period

at best he may be a distraction for awhile, but i really don't see any for him ever getting close to being an upper-tier level of qb, which is what a championship team needs these days more than ever...ther's not enough there there

i don't think you'll ever see him do better than being a decent backup over any career ahead of him

The odds are certainly against him, and his intangibles like body size and arm strength are very limiting and working against him.

So far the camp reports make him look like a solid backup as well but some guys don't look great in practice and thrive under the pressure of competition and I'm hoping heinicke is one of those guys who plays above his physical talent when the lights are shining bright.

He did that against Tampa, let's see what happens if he Fitzpatrick struggles and he gets another shot.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

i've been thinking this  for months but haven't said it and don't want to be right of courts, but my call is heineike is never going to be any kind of any real deal here, period

Yeah I agree with this in full.  I don't WANT to, but seeing the whole Legend of Taylor Heinecke (I will never spell it correctly even if I copy and paste), it just feels like a rehash of Kerry (Thanks @Koolblue13) Todd Collins in 2007. Back-up who came in, had his moment, and then that moment ended.  There was an extrapolation based on a very limited data set (four wins in a row followed by ****ing Seattle in the playoffs as usual), but even then it was trying to echo the "5-in-a-row or we don't go" of 2005. 

It just feels like a few fun dates, but not relationship, certainly not marriage material.  I hope I'm wrong.  I really don't think I am.

Edited by NewCliche21
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

The odds are certainly against him, and his intangibles like body size and arm strength are very limiting and working against him.

So far the camp reports make him look like a solid backup as well but some guys don't look great in practice and thrive under the pressure of competition and I'm hoping heinicke is one of those guys who plays above his physical talent when the lights are shining bright.

He did that against Tampa, let's see what happens if he Fitzpatrick struggles and he gets another shot.

I'm really praying we don't have to find out this season. I would really love to just see Fitz go out there an compete for 17 games. SO SO SO SO tired of the QB carousel every year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

That's all he is, a backup that you might be able to count on for a game or two; if needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You’re thinking of Todd Collins. Kerry Collins never played for us 

I wish you had posted this earlier. I got sucked into a Wikipedia wormhole that went from Kerry Collins to Matt Schaub for the last 20 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10