Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Kerrigan to the Eagles

Dan T.

Man, calm down people!  They are going to pick his brain for all they can to know our D!  JDR let's see how you handle this.  You can mix the signals up and Kerrigan and the Eagles will be just as confused.  No biggie.  We are all good and our OL is better and will protect a better and more mobile QB we have in Fitz with better WRs.  No problems. :) 

I don't have a problem with it.

If your employer tells you to buzz off, and you still got it - you should have the freedom to go wherever you want to.
It's not like he was a FA that we were even wanting to try to re-sign.

I don't like it...BUT

In no way, shape, or form, do I hold it against RK personally.

And it's not like this is the first time, something just like this has happened.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

11 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I heard he didn't want to sign anywhere that he wouldn't have an honest chance to start. I respect that, though at his age I would have loved him to stay as a backup mentor. Obviously I'm not an apex predator alpha male NFL player either so what do I know lol

I don’t think he starts in Philly tbh.  I think he’ll be depth. 

I do think he starts in Philly.  They arent stacked remotely like we are.

Unfortunate, but at the end of the day its a business for both the team and players and I respect the dude for wanting to play.

Hell yes he gets in the ring in DC.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Art Monk did the same thing.  We all love #81.

Brian Mitchell did it too.  Though Brian Mitchell isn't all that loveable.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What other reason would you choose to go to a division rival though?  Particularly one where you are most likely to be depth anyways.

Maybe that was the only serious offer he got in months ?

Just now, Dan T. said:

Brian Mitchell did it too.  Though we don't love Brian Mitchell all that much.

And James Thrash

33 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Art Monk did the same thing.  We all love #81.

He at least went to the Jets first...put a little distance in between leaving the Skins and joining the Eagles lol...

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And James Thrash

Not sure he fits into this category lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

You are telling me we couldn’t do a one year contract just so he could finish up? That seems weird.

I thought they would've brought him back, but I'm ok with the plan to see what toney, JSW and WBK have.

19 minutes ago, sprcr said:

I do think he starts in Philly.  They arent stacked remotely like we are.

Barring injury, he isn't starting over Graham or Barnett.

33 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I’m generally cynical when it comes to public statements made by athletes that could be self serving but in Kerrigan’s case I believe him 100%. 

He has served and represented us well both on and off the field. I wish him only the best— at least in 15 out of 17 games.

He may be gone but we will always have the memories of what once was...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I’m generally cynical when it comes to public statements made by athletes that could be self serving but in Kerrigan’s case I believe him 100%. 

He has served and represented us well both on and off the field. I wish him only the best— at least in 15 out of 17 games.

He may be gone but we will always have the memories of what once was...

I made it 10 minutes through that video. Then I saw Kedric Golston in one of the clips. Immediately turned it off, something things from the past are best left in the past.

Then I decided to look for Kedric Golston highlights because surely he must have done something to deserve a little bit of love. All I could find was a video called "Kedric Golston part 1".

Spoiler

Tale of Two Defenders right there. Both spent 10 years on the team. 1 gets the sack record, 1 gets Rex Grossman highlights. I almost feel bad for Kedric.

56 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What other reason would you choose to go to a division rival though?  Particularly one where you are most likely to be depth anyways.

Yeah.  I mean I find it hard to believe only Philly had interest. I know he’s nearing the end but he still has flashes. 

• Like 1