Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Kerrigan to the Eagles

Dan T.

10 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Adam just said he was wanted by the Steelers, Bengals, and Eagles but he said wanted to stay in the East. Yeah no revenge on the mind lol.....

Well, if he has a home in DC/Maryland, he might not even have to relocate if he plays for the iggles. It's only a 3 hour drive/super short plane ride. He'll definitely have a chance to start in Philly also, which is maybe not something he was guaranteed in Cincy or Pitt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Dude...... just dude......

Somehow, that's how I felt first. Like, man... the Eagles? Come on!

Would Dexter Manley have signed for the Cowboys if that was his only offer? Probably not.

But times are changing, and since the guy was always class here,full throttle all game long, I also find it hard to be tough on him. So I'm gonna wish him best of luck for 15 games out of 17. I know he'll understands that.

It stings a little bit to see him going to a division rival, but I'll be able to get over it easily.

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Lack of league wide interest.

From what I read, Bengals and Steelers where also interested.

The guy went behind in our depth chart this year because of all those young guys that we signed here.

Still I found it disturbing that he didn't draw better interest from the league.

The guy has been vastly underrated his whole career that it's troubling.

• Like 1

You wonder if Ron contact Ryan and said, hey we really had a mind to re-sign you. But we think we've got something in this William Bradley kid for less. We'll definitely be contacting you for your ring of fame. Anything else you need, let us know. Thanks for everything.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

He at least went to the Jets first...put a little distance in between leaving the Skins and joining the Eagles lol...

It's all the same puke green though ;)

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Not sure he fits into this category lol...

Thrash may not be a HOFer, but back when we used the term "true Redskin" (as cheesy as it might sound), and with somewhat of a definition behind it, Thrash fit that description to a T.

And that's pretty relevant to the discussion.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

James Thrash is a callback to the days when we had just 1 single wide receiver who could get the job done, and the rest had to be handled by a committee of admirably average players.

In other words, he's a callback to every year that we didn't have Pierre and DeSean.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not surprising at all. He wasn't a culture fit for what Ron wants with this team. RK was more worried the sack record and PT, which I get,  but I also get why there is no seat left for him on the Riverboat.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Remember Jeremiah Trotter ?

He switched sides twice between the teams, beginning with the switch to us.

Went from Philly to Wash.

Then from Wash to Philly.

I seem to recall him playing better in Philly, on both of his stints there, if I remember correctly.

Who was that LB that left here to play for the Giants?

Can't remember his name...

Just for giggles I looked at a few Eagles message boards, constant theme seems to be that "if nothing else he isn't hitting us for 6 sacks a game any more" lol.

They get that at this point in his career he's probably just a rotational player but also a great leader and character guy in the locker room for a year or two. Most giving him mad respect. Referenced on more than one occasion he might take some pressure off their CB's. I gather their CB's are an issue ight now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Adam just said he was wanted by the Steelers, Bengals, and Eagles but he said wanted to stay in the East. Yeah no revenge on the mind lol.....

Maybe it's a geographical convenience. Not as far of a move, for the family

Maybe not, but maybe.

7 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

Antonio Pierce

5 minutes ago, -JB- said:

LaVar Arrington.

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

I still believe that was all payback for us getting Sam Huff in 1964.  lol

So, you guys named 2 out of the 3 Washington starting LB's that left us for the Giants (in modern football era)

Can anyone name the 3rd ?

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Maybe it's a geographical convenience. Not as far of a move, for the family

Maybe not, but maybe.

So, you guys named 2 out of the 3 Washington starting LB's that left us for the Giants (in modern football era)

Can anyone name the 3rd ?

I even cheated and all I got is Ryan Anderson from this year...

23 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

Not surprising at all. He wasn't a culture fit for what Ron wants with this team. RK was more worried the sack record and PT, which I get,  but I also get why there is no seat left for him on the Riverboat.

WHere exactly do you get that Ryan was more worried about the sack record???  Playing time, well no ****. All players want more playing time. Ryan has never been anything but the consummate team player, period. Making a claim like that is an unnecessary slam on a guy that gave his heart and soul to this team. There is absolutely no proof - that he was driven out of here by some selfish drive for a personal record. Again, he has been the absolute class of the organization during some of the worst times of this team. Ron and Jack not being as interested in re-signing him has much more to do with they have a stable of guys that are at least as good if not better and all are younger. 

The rest is not directed at you:

Not sure why some are so pissed about his signing with Philly. He saw it as the best opportunity for his career. He has no responsibility to include what Washington fans or team feel about him going there. It's a business. The team did not want him so he goes to be the best opportunity just like anyone else would and should do. . 

Ryan Kerrigan has done nothing but play his heart out for a team and fans that often took him for granted. He was always ready to play and gave it 100% every play, every minute of practice, every moment of his career. He was also underrated and under-appreciated by way too many fans. I wish him the very best and expect there to be a place in the ring of fame for him when he decides to stop playing. 

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Okay, make that FOUR, because I actually forgot about him :)

So, who can name the 4th ?

Jeremiah Trotter. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Jeremiah Trotter. 

Actually I was asking specifically about going to the Giants, since Trotter was an Eagle (actually 3 separate stints, lol)

There were 4 starting LB's in the last 25 years or so, that switched from us to the Giants (besides Arrington, Pierce, and Anderson)

I won't drag this on. I can name it shortly.